Sign in to follow this  
SmurfReroll

A Guide to True Botting

7 posts in this topic

DISCLAIMER: Copy pasted from the post on the WoT Asia forums

We've all heard the complaints about there being bots and idiots in our Random Battle games. But the real question is, if you really wanted to abuse the system, why do it in Random Battles? It's not profitable; you don't get much for just sitting there doing nothing; maybe a hundred XP points if you're lucky. You'll often find yourself destroyed for little gain, giving you a big repair bill, and nothing to pay it off with. It also opens you up to being caught; when people see "bots" or perceived bots, they report them. 

No, botting in Random Battles is not the way to go. Not when there's a much quicker, under-the-radar way of farming XP and credits. 

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, the Team Battle Botting Bonanza!!!!11111111111111111!!!1!1111oneone11!

Sounds interesting, doesn't it? The smarter ones amongst you may have already inferred from the name that this exploit involves the use of a game mode many of us never venture into: the fabled Team Battle. You see, because nobody plays this mode, one simply has to find enough participants to set up matches, and they're ready to start farming. 

How does it work? Why, it's simple! All you have to do is fill up two teams with bots! Yes, bots! No, you're not doing the botting. Oh no. What you do is drive your exquisite premium tank in and farm! No strings attached! Simply drive into the enemy spawn, and shoot! Oh, the credits and XP will come rolling in! 

Don't believe me? Here, let me show you two very satisfied users of this exploit:

wiA1ztu.jpg

As you can see, we have here 4 bot accounts. What makes me think they're bots, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked, because they all have hundreds, thousands of battles in this game mode, with almost 0 damage per game! Now, that might seem like an incredibly high number to some of you, but I assure you, they are bots! Take the first chap for example,

p3dl72t.jpg

One thousand battles in his Tiger 2 and a damage per game of 72! Stunning! I have trouble doing that in my tier 10 tanks! 

Now, that's all well and good, but maybe he just has terrible internet. Disconnects a lot. Maybe he wins half his games because all of his battle buddies have the same problem, and they often all disconnect, leaving the game in a dramatic timeout victory for the attackers!

But no, that is not the case. You see, our two fine friends here, whose names I have scribbled over to appease our mighty forum overlords, are also part of this spiffing group of lads. And they take full advantage of our fine fellow who doesn't seem to want to do much. You can see this here: 

c0bNZI2.jpgWci673f.jpg

Simply amazing! Even the fine lads at TE would have trouble pulling those kinds of scores. 

As you can see, these fine lads are clearly using this amazing exploit to farm up all those juicy credits and XP. Oh, and don't forget the PR! The beautiful, beautiful PR! You can rack up amazing amounts of this clearly very effective metric simply by using this exploit! 

Absolutely amazing, and you can try it yourself with the very new YETIPack 420.69 HAXX for only $69.69! 

This is brilliant. I'd be normally against cheating but WG can eat a dick considering that their balance department does not do their job and game is getting worse. I am glad that people have found a way to go around Wot's economy