ZXrage

M35 Marathon Megathread

24 posts in this topic

Post your experiences/tips on the newest marathon.
Tasks:

Stage Mission for mastery – Only available for Tier X Mission for Commitment – Only available for Tiers VI – X. 
1 Obtain the “High Caliber” award 1 time Earn 5,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
2 Block at least 4,000HP of damage 5 times Earn 7,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
3 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 5 times Earn 15,000 base tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
4 Earn at least 850 points of base XP 10 times. Earn 30,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
5 Block at least 4,000HP of damage 10 times Earn 35,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
6 Obtain the “High Caliber” award 5 times Earn 35,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
7 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 15 times Earn 40,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
8 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 20 times Earn 45,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
9 Earn at least 850 points of base XP 20 times. Earn 50,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.
10 Finish the battle as the top player on your team by damage caused 20 times Earn 50,000 bast tank XP. Only XP for being among the top 10 players on your team will be counted.

>>came on early to start the missions before the teams get unbearable.

>>event doesn't start till 3PM 

:rabble1::rabble1::rabble1::rabble1::rabble1:

Ended up just doing the EXP requirements. 

A mate bought the tank so been spamming 8s and having fun. 

Currently up to task 3, will be spamming tier 10s though for tasks 4 onwards. 

I want to know what bast XP is. As far as I know, I can't get an Egyptian cat goddess as a crew member.

Basically if you play T10 in the next couple of weeks don't expect to see T8/9s or being shot at with standard ammo. 

So what are your tanks with the highest average base xp? Maybe the fastest way to get the XP for missions would be to run platoons of pref. tier VIII?

I'm sure someone can look up Average XP per class/tier.

Spam Type59 and other Pref 8s for 2 weeks, Free Tank and 80M Credits

1 hour ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Or you could just play4fun and keep your sanity. 

Yep. For someone like me, who maybe manages 2 hours a day of free time to waste playing tanks, but usually maybe 1 hour a day tops, these kind of marathon events are basically a non-starter. I might get up to maybe half of the skill requirements with a bit of luck and deliberate attention. The base XP requirements here are absolutely not going to happen. Hence, why bother try-harding knowing I will nowhere near have the time to dedicate to this.

I'll try to complete as many of the skill requirements as possible, see how much that silly bundle costs, decide whether I want to drop cash on this game right now. Otherwise, it will be 'business as usual, comrade'.

The bundle is $70 before discounts

The XP requirements here are pretty serious stuff, achieving the full 312,000 base XP required to finish the marathon is going to be a lot of work. If you're used to a premium account and the occasional booster, 312k base XP is enough to go from T1-T10. That's not too difficult if you had a month to finish, but with only 2 weeks you're going to have to be very committed. It's a little more manageable if you try to hit as many of the achievement-based unlocks as possible, but you're still looking at hundreds of games to finish the last few stages.

The only way to do this as a casual is to finish the first 6 or 7 stages and purchase the rest, which I assume is WG's plan.

(also the premium looks fairly boring imho but what do i know)

I was going to buy the tank anyway so I'll just play normally and get some of the missions done. Three down just playing tier 8s for credits. Fourth seems like a fairly good one to do in tier 10s, but at the moment the tier 10 gameplay is total aids with almost all tier 10 games where either team is likely to crumble in 2 minutes flat, making it hard to get 850 base even if you play well. And since it's base xp you have no chance if you lose. I think I'll just settle for slowly getting the 30k base xp.

It seemed to already have changed the way people play at T10. It's like ranked battle just introduced itself in random...

In the end i think the 135kills and 135k damage done per nation over 1 month was actually less straining on the meta. 

2 hours ago, DHP said:

It seemed to already have changed the way people play at T10. It's like ranked battle just introduced itself in random...

In the end i think the 135kills and 135k damage done per nation over 1 month was actually less straining on the meta. 

I honestly haven't seen tier 10 game-play this bad since Ranked was first introduced.

like the shit im seeing every game is the type of shit you see once every 300 games, but its every. single. match.

and sadly this wont clam down for awhile, or at least the rest of the weekend.

and its shitting on my mission progress to boot, a lot of the skill set missions aren't even hard. Or at least they shouldn't be, but with teams this bad i might end up getting the grindy part of the missions done first.

I play with a friend that's relatively new to the game. Has some tier 6s and one tier 7. Works a normal job. I don't think there is a way for these players to get it. I feel bad for him honestly. I mean sure when you think about it if he got one everyone would have one. But he can't even get close really. He can manage 5k a day. that's only 70k.

XP based, it is way too much of a grind. Thousands of games. If it was XP only I don't think I would manage it either. Good thing I can play tier 10s which makes it somewhat easy :P 

My current strategy is spamming my AMX 13 57 and ELC EVEN when it dies... 1k base xp after somewhat over 200 matches in the 57 and i dont have a girlfriend anymore anyway :( i think ill mannage. I it only feels i get focused all the time for quite a while now... maybe because i got a bit better....

As far as I'm concerned it's never going to be a free tank for anyone. You can either buy it with money or time. A loooot of time considering the monetary value. So if you do something drastic like spamming two tanks for 3k games, sure you will get a tank. But for those who can work a bit of overtime or have disposable income it's probably better to get as far as we can by playing normally and then pay the rest if we want the tank and goodies.

So far, pretty bad.

Mission 1 - I played a bunch of tier 9 tanks I was grinding for the 5x Weekend.  Took 15 games for 5000 base

Mission 2 (GB On) - I played 12 Maus Games and 1 Super Conq.  I only got 2 Grand Battles and blocked 4k in both.  Took 13 games to block 4000 5 times

Mission 3 (GB Off)- I started out with the BC, tried the E50M and ended up playing a ton of 183.  27 games and I'm not done yet!

- First 2 games in the 183 I get top damage, then it all goes to shit.  I move up too far and get ended, I stay back and don't get enough damage.  I was probably top 3 75% of the time, but some Uni would beat be out.

- Also for any top XP missions a tank like the 183 is out because unless you are front line, you wont get enough XP.  I was bottom 5 in games with like 3000 damage

got 20% and bought it. I personally think the bundle is very generous and didn't expect something like it from WG (30x 2h credit boosts and  2,7 mill credits if you take the 2 useful equipment pieces into account). color me surprised.

Getting more missions done is simply not worth my time playing tanks I don't enjoy anymore just because they are effective.

Grinding this out on EU, plan is to get to the 50% discount point playing the AMX 12t, Type 64, and AMX 13-57. Really isnt hard, and frankly light tanks are decently fun on EU given the slower pacing in general of the game. Just stay alive, you'll have a decent time

Pricing:
Base Bundle: 70
10%: $63
20%: $56
30%: $49 (Only at this point would I consider buying it)
40%: $42
50%: $35 (Ideal, IMO, for a tier 8 premium)
60%: $28 (Credit boost for completion of mission. If you have time, do it)
70%: $21
80%: $14
90%: $7
100%: Free

850 XP continues to be a pain in the ass.

Win is basically required, or a courageous resistance.

I tried 7 different tanks and so far only the Maus is breaking 850 on a win. I don't have the IS7 or Type5.  I got 807xp in the BC win game.

Here are my Maus Wins (not showing the 5 losses)

Win (948 xp), Win (848 xp), Win (918 xp), Win (826 xp), Win (725 xp), Win 1126 xp)

Oh boy games are pure cancer.

shot_347.jpg

5 hours ago, kariverson said:

Oh boy games are pure cancer.

shot_347.jpg

the opposite of NA atm

all our games are a Majority of TD's

mainly ver 4/JPe100/shitbarn ect.

with of course a splash of 2-3 arty

Im 80% done and will drop here. Tier 10 is even more unenjoyable than it used to be. Played with a friend, around 90% ammo shot is premium and teams are composed mostly of v4s, 183s, is7s/Mice/Type5s. I reverted to 13 105 and the occasional wz. Getting exp in t9 is far more enjoyable.