ZXrage

Supertest: Obj. 277 (Tier X after T-10)

124 posts in this topic

That gun is absurd for a heavy tank, even if the armour is only T-10 levels (and it'll be better than that) then it's absurd for a 490 alpha gun, high pen AP, 350 pen APCR, very nice dispersions for that size gun, good DPM, decent aim time and very good accuracy for a heavy. 

That is a 490 alpha gun, that aside from DPM is flat out better than the STB-1 in pretty much every category, accuracy, dispersions, alpha, pen on both rounds.  A Soviet tier 10 heavy tank with 490 alpha be a much superior mid to long range tank than a tier 10 medium, that is just stupid. 

Also tanks like the Leo and Cent AX, their guns offer little compared to that things gun. 

Started playing my T-10 to grind the xp for it... T-10... why you no gun depression.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:32 AM, tajj7 said:

That gun is absurd for a heavy tank, even if the armour is only T-10 levels (and it'll be better than that) then it's absurd for a 490 alpha gun, high pen AP, 350 pen APCR, very nice dispersions for that size gun, good DPM, decent aim time and very good accuracy for a heavy. 

That is a 490 alpha gun, that aside from DPM is flat out better than the STB-1 in pretty much every category, accuracy, dispersions, alpha, pen on both rounds.  A Soviet tier 10 heavy tank with 490 alpha be a much superior mid to long range tank than a tier 10 medium, that is just stupid. 

Also tanks like the Leo and Cent AX, their guns offer little compared to that things gun. 

Bullshit if Leo buffed too OP blyat

I honestly dont mind if the gun is really, really absurd on this thing, like it is currently. Nerfing the accuracy or pen makes it just more like 5A and if anything makes it a clone of that. This thing should be extremely enjoyable to play with that kind of comfiness on its gun.

I would just keep nerfing the armor before touching the gun, if this thing ends up being OP. I wouldnt mind if the armor of this thing was exaclty the same as the T-10, that gun is just so fucking good. Good contender for the strongest HT gun in the entire game. I honestly actually that the hull armor is bleh, for quite a few reasons, as well. It doesnt need hull armor with that turret, goodish mobility and an amazing gun, but knowing WG’a crayon eater department, it will have retardproof armor.

The only thing that is kinda off is the premium ammo being APCR. It feels like that it should be HEAT instead of APCR. Just look at the pen, and even the T-10 has HEAT so it would make sense. 350 APCR is kinda overkill, IMO.

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I honestly dont mind if the gun is really, really absurd on this thing, like it is currently. Nerfing the accuracy or pen makes it just more like 5A and if anything makes it a clone of that. This thing should be extremely enjoyable to play with that kind of comfiness on its gun.

I would just keep nerfing the armor before touching the gun, if this thing ends up being OP. I wouldnt mind if the armor of this thing was exaclty the same as the T-10, that gun is just so fucking good. Good contender for the strongest HT gun in the entire game. I honestly actually that the hull armor is bleh, for quite a few reasons, as well. It doesnt need hull armor with that turret, goodish mobility and an amazing gun, but knowing WG’a crayon eater department, it will have retardproof armor.

The only thing that is kinda off is the premium ammo being APCR. It feels like that it should be HEAT instead of APCR. Just look at the pen, and even the T-10 has HEAT so it would make sense. 350 APCR is kinda overkill, IMO.

Need to be able to reliably penetrate tanks that rely on their heavy armor as a raison d'etre.

12 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Nah let it have the 350 god like APCR. At least it will have something special then. 

4 hours ago, Katoleras said:

What is the effective armor of ufp and lfp?

UFP is probably around ~240 effective at the center, but becomes BS when you hit the outer parts or when the tank angles, cus its very well angled and you can easily ricochet off it. Tested on training room, IS-7 can pen the UFP with AP. Basically the tank benefits from wiggling a lot. The UFP is probably like the front on the 907 - unreliable but troll as fuck.

LFP is cheese, though. Shitbarn can pen it with HESH, and it was orange for T-44-100’s AP (although it never went through when we tested). LFP is probably around 210-220 effective.

As for the other areas on the armor... cupola is like 220-230 I think, the turret can be ass to pen at range but close up you can pen the cheeks with 340 HEAT. 277 can pen the another 277 turret easily with APCR cus it seems to go through mantlet fairly easily.

The side armor is...weird. Shooting the drivewheel can have a nasty effect of hitting the very well angled (from that angle) LFP, and thus not doing damage and just tracking the tank. On the other hand, I have gotten penned from fairly high angles which indicates that the lower side armor is likely 80 like on the T-10, maybe 90. Upper side armor is complete BS, though (feels like IS-7 levels of BS or im just ultra unlucky). Expect a bounce whenever the tank is not completely sideways to you.

Ass is pennable by high caliber HE. Not sure if its pennable for Types cus those have shittier pen than other 15 cm HE at tier 10, but that is something to potentially watch out for, I guess

This gun is insanely good. Better softstats than a Leopard and 350mm of APRC flying at the speed of light aka 1800m/s, 

Type 5 in front of you? No problem. Just lol pen him with snap shots. 

9 hours ago, rindorbrot said:

yes,  testserver is up. XP cost for this is 220.800

Just on this (and the XP required for the K-9), did WG used to use a figure derived from how much XP was required to elite the tank including modules? Or was it based on the full line XP? Eg 704 which required very little to upgrade it had a long grind for the 268. While other tanks with lots of modules tended to have far shorter grinds.

Either way, given both the T-10 and 430.2 have a lot of XP required to grind their modules, it seems pretty silly to then have such high XP requirements to get the tank. But i guess WG are just being their usual asshats and trying to milk the free XP revenue...

3 hours ago, Ezz said:

Just on this (and the XP required for the K-9), did WG used to use a figure derived from how much XP was required to elite the tank including modules? Or was it based on the full line XP? Eg 704 which required very little to upgrade it had a long grind for the 268. While other tanks with lots of modules tended to have far shorter grinds.

Either way, given both the T-10 and 430.2 have a lot of XP required to grind their modules, it seems pretty silly to then have such high XP requirements to get the tank. But i guess WG are just being their usual asshats and trying to milk the free XP revenue...

Why would you free EXP through two tanks as good as these?

52 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Why would you free EXP through two tanks as good as these?

Agreed, but some people always do.

11 hours ago, leggasiini said:

UFP is probably around ~240 effective at the center, but becomes BS when you hit the outer parts or when the tank angles, cus its very well angled and you can easily ricochet off it. Tested on training room, IS-7 can pen the UFP with AP. Basically the tank benefits from wiggling a lot. The UFP is probably like the front on the 907 - unreliable but troll as fuck.

LFP is cheese, though. Shitbarn can pen it with HESH, and it was orange for T-44-100’s AP (although it never went through when we tested). LFP is probably around 210-220 effective.

As for the other areas on the armor... cupola is like 220-230 I think, the turret can be ass to pen at range but close up you can pen the cheeks with 340 HEAT. 277 can pen the another 277 turret easily with APCR cus it seems to go through mantlet fairly easily.

The side armor is...weird. Shooting the drivewheel can have a nasty effect of hitting the very well angled (from that angle) LFP, and thus not doing damage and just tracking the tank. On the other hand, I have gotten penned from fairly high angles which indicates that the lower side armor is likely 80 like on the T-10, maybe 90. Upper side armor is complete BS, though (feels like IS-7 levels of BS or im just ultra unlucky). Expect a bounce whenever the tank is not completely sideways to you.

Ass is pennable by high caliber HE. Not sure if its pennable for Types cus those have shittier pen than other 15 cm HE at tier 10, but that is something to potentially watch out for, I guess

So can you pen it by just autoaiming it like the 907?

5 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Because the 277 is OP and people want it Now

Just gather the XP on the T-10 before the patch like I did. I will buy the 277 on the release day. Ez.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

So can you pen it by just autoaiming it like the 907?

Dunno, havent tried

3 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Sure, if you want to bounce half your shots

The easiest way to pen a 907 (that is not hull down or sidescraping) in its hull is to autoaim as  the weakest part of its hull armour is always the closest to you. So even if the 907 wiggles you always pen it because the center of mass will correspond to that weak spot. You can try and see it on tanksgg.

So if it has a v shaped hull the same principle may apply.

34 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

The easiest way to pen a 907 (that is not hull down or sidescraping) in its hull is to autoaim as  the weakest part of its hull armour is always the closest to you. So even if the 907 wiggles you always pen it because the center of mass will correspond to that weak spot. You can try and see it on tanksgg.

So if it has a v shaped hull the same principle may apply.

Yes, but tracks stick out forwards quite a bit further than the 907's, so it will be risky unless you're nearly dead on to the tank.

Oh this 350mm APCR pen is nasty.

Penning E3 superstructure? Why not

m1dQ9Lo.jpg

Type 5 lfp at this angle? Easy

cLsPGty.jpg

Bobject lfp angled? Bring it on. And if you feeling funny just pen the superstructure. 

svuSgvR.jpg

10/10 definitely balanced.