ZXrage

Supertest: Obj. 277 (Tier X after T-10)

124 posts in this topic

Yeh I noticed that, it does seem to set on fire from the front very easily.

People remember the Pz VII when it appeared on first test, IIRC it had like 268 AP and around 330-340 APCR, they both got nerfed second test, let's hope the same happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About those fires....

Object 277

  • Changed the arrangement of the internal modules (ammo rack and fuel tanks)

 

WG heard your complaints and addressed this in Test Server #2.... now is it a further nerf or a buff? :thinking: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep i;d say that was a buff and it's going to go live with those stats and that prem round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP. The first new-release soviet tank that got nerfed before during CT?

 

Stat changes of Object 277 made in 1.0.2_test2:

  • Gold ammo pen from 350 mm to 340 mm (10 mm worse)
  • Accuracy from 0.35 to 0.38 ( 0.03 worse)
  • Aiming time from 2.5 to 2.7 sec (0.2 sec worse)
  • Rate of fire from 5.22 to 4.8 (0.42 worse)
  • Reloading time from 11.03 to 12.5 sec (1.47 sec worse)
  • Turret traverse from 26 to 27 deg per sec (1 deg per sec faster)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gnasherrr said:

RIP. The first new-release soviet tank that got nerfed before during CT?

 

Stat changes of Object 277 made in 1.0.2_test2:

  • Gold ammo pen from 350 mm to 340 mm (10 mm worse)
  • Accuracy from 0.35 to 0.38 ( 0.03 worse)
  • Aiming time from 2.5 to 2.7 sec (0.2 sec worse)
  • Rate of fire from 5.22 to 4.8 (0.42 worse)
  • Reloading time from 11.03 to 12.5 sec (1.47 sec worse)
  • Turret traverse from 26 to 27 deg per sec (1 deg per sec faster)

Damn, thats actually harsh. A bit too harsh IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

=T

I was looking forward to near medium tank gun handling... So... 5A is still king?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matross said:

=T

I was looking forward to near medium tank gun handling... So... 5A is still king?

 

277 is still comfier, esp as it keeps the APCR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

277 is indeed slightly comfier, but 5A is likely better overall now.

DPM nerf is what I would have done anyway, but why did they have to touch the gun handling and accuracy? Gimme muh accuracy and handling back and fix the broken APCR by making it HEAT with 340 pen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

277 is indeed slightly comfier, but 5A is likely better overall now.

DPM nerf is what I would have done anyway, but why did they have to touch the gun handling and accuracy? Gimme muh accuracy and handling back and fix the broken APCR by making it HEAT with 340 pen

Ludicrous speed APCR with 340 pen and middling accuracy/aimtime is still going to be better than 340 pen HEAT with gud accuracy/aimtime, it just requires you to spam gold to get that comfort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gnasherrr said:

RIP. The first new-release soviet tank that got nerfed before during CT?

 

Stat changes of Object 277 made in 1.0.2_test2:

  • Gold ammo pen from 350 mm to 340 mm (10 mm worse)
  • Accuracy from 0.35 to 0.38 ( 0.03 worse)
  • Aiming time from 2.5 to 2.7 sec (0.2 sec worse)
  • Rate of fire from 5.22 to 4.8 (0.42 worse)
  • Reloading time from 11.03 to 12.5 sec (1.47 sec worse)
  • Turret traverse from 26 to 27 deg per sec (1 deg per sec faster)

Were this changes really on the testserver?  Only change in the change log for the second iteration of the testserver I found was this

Object 277

  • Changed the arrangement of the internal modules (ammo rack and fuel tanks)

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/ct2-1-0-2/

I am honest. I haven´t played on the testserver for the last two weeks or so. Therefore I can't say there were any changes or not.

But WG seem to go with the nerfed stats for the release build. The statscard for the 277 shows the nerfed stats. And it confirms that the change of the internal modules was indeed a buff. But did they test this new stats? And if not. Why do we have a Testserver if we get an untested product anyway? 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/three-soviet-tanks-get-required-adjustent/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't appear that these changes are on test server yet.  I expect them on Monday or Tuesday. 

 

P.S. Anyone else notice the turret gets penned on either side of the gun mantlet by the ranger finder/periscope thingies a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hellsfog said:

It doesn't appear that these changes are on test server yet.  I expect them on Monday or Tuesday. 

 

P.S. Anyone else notice the turret gets penned on either side of the gun mantlet by the ranger finder/periscope thingies a lot.

WG will roll out the patch on the RU cluster June 11 or 12. There wont be any more test servers.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/06/03/1-0-2-patch-release-date/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks much more balanced to me, seems to be more on par with the 5A.

Less DPM, aim time, and gun depression.

For better soft stats, faster, more hp/ton and more pen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is the next patch? I ground out the convert exp for this tank this weekend and got cancer doing it. Also, got some fancy digi camo I could put on it now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even after the buff its still going to be significantly better than the IS-7.  Keeps the 1800 m/s APCR, so essentially regular autoaim is going to be aimbot in this thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at patchnotes from RU server, they replaced the shell with another one. Im gonna assume the 277 has HEAT now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Looking at patchnotes from RU server, they replaced the shell with another one. Im gonna assume the 277 has HEAT now.

3VBK shd be HEAT going by Soviet nomenclature

13 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Even after the buff its still going to be significantly better than the IS-7.  Keeps the 1800 m/s APCR, so essentially regular autoaim is going to be aimbot in this thing

Not exactly, the IS-7 can pull off stupidly aggressive plays that would be suicide in any other tank, and win games with them. The only other thing that anything remotely like that is the Bobject. The 277 is the better generalist for sure, but I doubt it can fill in the same role that the IS-7 can, i.e. yolowagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck WG and its testing or let's say not testing. 

I was so hyped about this APCR shell. Even after it was nerfed. Now they just ninja changed it to HEAT. I don't want HEAT. If I want to play a good Heavy with HEAT I play my WZ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bunch of assholes. Test a tank for 2-3 iterations then change it and release an untested product. 5a now seems to be far superior when you think about the -7 vs -5.5 gun depression too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things I mostly hate about wg is that they either release joke tanks without a second thought (v4) or they want to release one but they destroy / modify it so hard than it's not worth to grind it anymore.

Plus, why they went through idk how many round of CT when the end you got a tank you didn't play before..

It's very tiring.. but at the end, I play like 10 battles / day for fun at t10 so I really don't care anymore.

It's just my inner OCD that want that 3k overall..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, with 340 HEAT this thing is little better than the Mle 54 to the T-10's Mle 51
Edit: also faces stiff competition from the 430U come to think of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tanks was too good if not OP, WG balanced it and it's probably the first new tier 10 for a while that is not obvious power creep.

Seems a very logical upgrade on the T-10 as well, as it's basically an all rounder heavium.

Still has plenty over the 5A, but is now not obviously a better 5A like it was before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.