ZXrage

Supertest: Obj. 277 (Tier X after T-10)

124 posts in this topic

btw I know of the preview thread, just thought I'd separate the two tanks into their own threads

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/04/15/supertest-object-277-stats-pictures/

Tier: HT-10, USSR, standard
HP: 2 200
Engine: 950 hp
Mass: 55 t
Maximum load: 60 t
Power-to-weight: 17,27 hp / t
Max speed / Min speed: 55 / -15 km / h
Hull turning speed: 32 °/s
Turret turning speed: 27,1 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 1,247 / 1,726 / 2,973
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 730 m

Hull armor: 140 / 112 / 50 mm
Turret armor: 290 / 224 / 80 mm

Gun: 130 mm M-65

Alpha Damage: 490 / 490 / 640
Penetration: 265 / 350 / 65 mm
Rate of fire: 5,441 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 2 666,1
Reload time: 11,027 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,336
Aiming time: 2,4 s
Depression/Elevation: -5,5 / +15,5

I'm going to cry when I see one of these going into the valley on Lakeville.

That.

Terrain.

Resistance.

edit: @leggasiini I stand corrected. These are the same the IS-7. I just saw the 2.9xx for soft and thought that was excessively high.

That terrain resistance is exactly the same as the IS-7, I think, and it has roughly similar HP/ton. The IS-7 is not exactly super slow, anyway.

I honestly think the speed is fairly reasonable. You need to consider the fact that the gun is very, very good on the Object 277. In fact, it might be one of the best guns of all HTs in the game, because it has literally everything. SConq doesn't have alpha nor overmatch potential. Not only the 277 has 490 alpha, overmatch capability and fairly good DPM, it also has good aim time, very nice base accuracy, quite solid shell velocity, good dispersion values and the best penetration of all HTs in the game. 265 AP is really nice and comfy, and 350 HEAT is very strong in current meta, especially on a reliable, hard hitting gun. The gun is so much better than IS-7's that it's not even funny. 5A's gun is also quite potato compared to 277's.

We don't know the actual armor layout, but it seems to be much better than on the T-10, and probably better than on the 5A. It's not a real pike nose either; it's more like the egg shape hull of the US tanks. Due to that, it should be able to sidescrape better than the T-10 and 5A, and probably not be much worse on that than the IS-7. Hell, the turret seems very good as well (again, likely better than 5A's, unless the cupola is really, really weak and bigger than it seems, or if it has overmatch spots). And there is a chance that the entire side armor is 114 mm thick; in that case, the lower side armor would be better than IS-7's. The armor is probably not THAT much worse than on the IS-7.

What I predict is that the 5A and IS-7 will both be better tanks for CW than this. 5A has -7 depression and DPM, IS-7 has HP and near-gold-immune turret (I feel like the turret of 277 will still be pennable on some areas, at least on cupolas). However, 277 has super comfy gun, and the armor and mobility seems good enough. It probably bullies lower tiers very well, and due to comfiness of the gun, is probably more fun to play than the IS-7 and 5A. So, with that in the mind, the 277 is probably a more fun pub tank than neither IS-7 or 5A. In fact, it should be a very nice tank for pubs, just because the gun stats alone.

Will wait and see, though. Personally I would probably make the armor shittier but mobility better (by buffing resists), but I'm gonna wait until this tank hits test server.

K-91 seems trash, though

8 hours ago, Tman450 said:

But worse armor, profile, camo and mobility? Hmm.

Hull will probably be troll af, even if weaker than 430U's on paper. It might also be a better bully than the U depending on LFP thickness.

LFP is probably tougher, which means it probably roflstomps lowtiers better than 430U. 

It has 200 extra HP as well so there is that

6 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

1700 m/s SABOT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is the K-91 with that shell velocity, not the Object 277.

24 minutes ago, hall0 said:

lol you are right. It is APCR. WTF WG but at least we found the specialty for this tank now.

8oWZojoT_9g.jpg

Shell velocity?

4 hours ago, churchill50 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is the K-91 with that shell velocity, not the Object 277.

i think it is just the K-91

if the 277 had that on top of its current stats, that be the cherry on top of WG's "we no longer give a fuck" Sunday.

i said this before, but soon CW and even pubs will consist of all Russian tanks. its like they cant stand any other nation having competitive tanks or tanks with a special niche. they either nerf them or release a better Russian counterpart. 

Since the Type5 is not getting nerfed, I’ll wonder if they are introducing some super cancer superheavy with a derp gun...or they’ll rebalance 705A into a better Type5 :^)

30 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Since the Type5 is not getting nerfed, I’ll wonder if they are introducing some super cancer superheavy with a derp gun...or they’ll rebalance 705A into a better Type5 :^)

705A memes i say.

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they:

1.gave it a massive Durp

2.increase its HP

3. mega buff the armor

all with the same speed/mobility it currently has.

So when is this expected to be released? I tried the IS-7 on test and it seems alright enough but this looks better on paper so rather than unlocking the Object 257 with xp I made on the recent x5 weekend I might just go unlock the T-10 instead in preparation for this, with my glacial grinding speed due to low playtime I'd probably get them at same time anyway if this comes out even in Winter.

T-10 is my second favorite tank so the grind itself will be easy and if the tank itself will be decent: even better.

Waiting for the armor layout before judging it.

Gun-wise it is better than the WZ trading a small amount of DPM for better gunhandeling plus dank penetration values.

Mobility-wise it is probably worse than the WZ due to the terrainstats, it will turn like a boat compared to the WZ because to that.

If the armor is similar to the WZ and I actually played this game I would pick the WZ over it just because it gets 7 degrees of gundepression.

3 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

So when is this expected to be released? I tried the IS-7 on test and it seems alright enough but this looks better on paper so rather than unlocking the Object 257 with xp I made on the recent x5 weekend I might just go unlock the T-10 instead in preparation for this, with my glacial grinding speed due to low playtime I'd probably get them at same time anyway if this comes out even in Winter.

it was said that they wouldn't come before the polish, and the polish aren't set to release until the fall/winter season.

so alot of people suspected they wouldn't come until next year, only thing is: these tanks are already modeled and in supertest, where the polish aren't.

so TBH i have no idea when they could come.