ThomChen114

How to balance the 268-4?

32 posts in this topic

Balancing this thing will be a hard nut to crack, because this tank does exactly that what it is supposed to do. Problem it does it too good. WG wanted a fast break through TD. And it is exactly that. So what can they nerf, without totally destroying its role? WG tried to balance this armored beast with the gun. It has less alpha than all the other 150mm guns, low dpm and not so good gun stats like accuracy etc. But I hear no one complaining the gun is the problem.

Everyone sees the problem in combination of speed and armor. But nerfing the frontal armor would mean it would lose its break through role and I don't think WG wants this. So nerfing the frontal armor is out of the question, even the weakspots. If they gonna touch a weakspot it will probably the one on top but not the lower lower frontplate. What they could nerf is the side armor. So flanking enemies have at least a guaranteed pen. 

Next thing. The speed. And again. WG wants this as fast break through TD. So it will remain fast, but maybe not as fast. Topspeed maybe to 50 instead of 55kmh. So it is on T-62A levels. Travers Speed is already poor so I don´t think we see a nerf here. Reverse speed could be nerfed as well. 22 is 2 kmh faster than T-62A. Don´t see a reason why it should be faster than a medium. Nerf it to 20 or below so it can retreat so easily once it yoloed in would definitely work.  

Make the reverse speed 13kph like the Foch series. Sure, let it push, but drivers beware of overextending.

I also think that some kind of frontal weakspot is in order- as many before me have mentioned, even 10s have a hard time penning this absurdity. People are acting like having a weakspot will totally destroy its ability to push, and that's simply not true.

Lol I had no idea about that lower plate weakspot. I was shooting overall lower plate. Nice to know. Just smashed an enemy 268 4 like that. He must had been fuming. 

Finally got it. Jesus this is easymode when you are top tier. When full t10 it's a bit harder and I'd rather be in something like an Sconq or Type5 but it feels stronger than old kv1s. The only thing is it's hard to get monster gamees with shit dpm. Easier to do with strv103. 

btw. I really feel like some people have aimbot when playing this tank. Showing the right most pixel of my small lfp and a 47% recent 430U snaps me 4 times in a row? Happened vs 3 players where they were bad as hell recent and overall and put shots into me guys from Go-In or Nerva couldn't.

Last night I saw one of these reversing uphill faster than a 907 going up the same hill but foward. Also CW and Sh meta are cucked by this garbage. If WG does not nerf it I'll retire and play inoy t49 games on my friend's account

One month later...

"The turret top weak spots are too weak! What do we do Ivan?"

"Remove turret top weak spot!"

*T110E5 cries in the corner*