Deus__Ex__Machina

Polish Tier 8 Premium (Project 51)

69 posts in this topic

Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/04/25/resurrected-from-the-archives-polish-tanks/

czolg_t_wz51_6.jpg

czolg_t_wz51_3.jpg

we obviously dont have alot of info on this ATM, but from what the video above provides WG is testing two versions on the Project 51

A: a slower but well armored version

and B: a faster less armored version

Currently they are testing Option A, in which the vehicle supposedly has around 270mm of effective frontal hull armor and a very strong turret.

it also features -8 degrees of gun depression which is kinda surprising (hoping this trend is present in the whole tech tree) 

only info on the gun is it features 440 alpha and 218 pen on its standard rounds (so a 122mm most likely)

in my personal opinion this could (if over done) be on par with the defender if not better, i know its in SuperTest so a lot is subject to change, but better (looking) mobility than a defender with the same 440 alpha but with better gun depression and similar armor (at least for the UFP)

this is of course if they stick with option A of the slow well armored version, but we will see.

update w/stats

Yi0raQCZ_yw.jpg?resize=768,512&ssl=1

Tier 8

HP: 1550

Hull Armor: 170/90/80mm

Turret Armor: 210/150/100mm

Turret Traverse: 28 deg/sec.

Hull Traverse: 38 deg/sec.

View Range: 380m

Max Speed: +35/–14 kph

Penetration: 218/245/68mm

Damage: 440/440/560

Accuracy: 0.36

Aim Time: 2.5 sec.

Reload: 13.9 sec

3 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Currently they are testing Option A, in which the vehicle supposedly has around 270mm of effective frontal hull armor and a very strong turret.

only info on the gun is it features 440 alpha and 218 pen on its standard rounds (so a 122mm most likely)

oh the new tier X polish Hvy tank.. oh its tier 8, of course

This “overmatch or GTFO” meta is getting real dumb.

Also did they seriously just say that the driver hatch “weak point” is 270mm effective?

The tank does look cool though. I hope they go with the “more speed and less armor” variant, since that would overall be more fun.

Well this seems balanced... for tier 10...
BTW this looks like something directly out of Command & Conquer franchise! 

Also, that background of the interview is badass. 

28 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Well this seems balanced... for tier 10...
BTW this looks like something directly out of Command & Conquer franchise! 

Also, that background of the interview is badass. 

Bad dpm and horrid lfp?

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

They're already there so....

Meanwhile Murazor is singing this.

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Finally the Defender is looking balanced. 

Btw. How can you achieve 8° gun depression with such a flat turret? 

Vodka and kurwa. It looks like IS-4 turret with max -6 gun depression but they want make every branch unique...

Defender needs a buff. Urgently. Also, is that the Patriot crying in the corner with the Liberté?

Aimtime of 3.26 according to the TankInspector screenshot?

My russian is pretty non-existent so i'm not sure about that, it clashes with the 2.5 listed in the OP

I like the look of it. I haven't read anything about the stats but the UFP seems well angled and fairly strong, but seeing -8 depression is just ridiculous, especially looking dead forward where the gun barely looks able to depress at all, it'd phase through the hull to make that work :serb: 

Maybe it gets the old E 50 treatment of more depression to the sides, which could be a balancing factor if the tank only has similar armour of the IS-3 that is only useful looking straight forward. 

6 hours ago, Kolni said:

[...] could be a balancing factor if the tank only has similar armour of the IS-3 that is only useful looking straight forward. 

With the tracks extending that far forward and being that high and thus acting as spaced armor, the increasingly flat frontal armor when angling, shouldn't be much of a problem.

28 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

With the tracks extending that far forward and being that high and thus acting as spaced armor, the increasingly flat frontal armor when angling, shouldn't be much of a problem.

you know looking at that, this could be another case of the 257 where a frontal track shot doesn't also deal damage depending on you angle when shooting at it

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

It's going to be OP because the Polish community is big in Wot, meaning lots of cash.

You could argue that it will sell no matter the stats because of the large representation of Polish tankers. As long as they dont make it balls, then it should sell quite well.

15 hours ago, hall0 said:

How can you achieve 8° gun depression with such a flat turret? 

bxvxzzyo7fzmbw7dxxwm.png

y tho

4 hours ago, WaterWar said:

You could argue that it will sell no matter the stats because of the large representation of Polish tankers. As long as they dont make it balls, then it should sell quite well.

Yeah because they are doing the same for russians. They know the ruskie prems will sell anyway so they don't have to be good. That's why we have the Defender, T-44-100 buffs, t54prot buffs, T34-85m buffs. 

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah because they are doing the same for russians. They know the ruskie prems will sell anyway so they don't have to be good. That's why we have the Defender, T-44-100 buffs, t54prot buffs, T34-85m buffs. 

What is up with that tone? Don't understand why you go passive-aggresive at me.

My point was that I think whatever Polish premium tank they release will sell well, simply because of the fact of it being Polish.
Whether WG can/will balance it properly is anyone's guess. I like to think that they won't make it OP because they think it will sell better that way. If they do end up making it OP I prefer to think it is through incompetence rather than an active choice - as I find the active choice as a worse thing.

5 minutes ago, WaterWar said:

What is up with that tone? Don't understand why you go passive-aggresive at me.

My point was that I think whatever Polish premium tank they release will sell well, simply because of the fact of it being Polish.
Whether WG can/will balance it properly is anyone's guess. I like to think that they won't make it OP because they think it will sell better that way. If they do end up making it OP I prefer to think it is through incompetence rather than an active choice - as I find the active choice as a worse thing.

I'm not going passive agressive. I'm making a joke on WG part, not yours. I know Polish prems will sell. I'm just saying WG doesn't follow logic. Your post made sense, their behavior doesn't.

14 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'm not going passive agressive. I'm making a joke on WG part, not yours. I know Polish prems will sell. I'm just saying WG doesn't follow logic. Your post made sense, their behavior doesn't.

Ah ok, sorry to have misunderstood you in that case. :) 

2 minutes ago, WaterWar said:

Ah ok, sorry to have misunderstood you in that case. :) 

No prob. It's the internet. It was made for miscommunication.