Deus__Ex__Machina

Polish Tier 8 Premium (Project 51)

69 posts in this topic

yeah scratch my earlier comment, watched the end of the video now and even QB says its op, so the opposite of his original 252u video :P

still dont think ill give them 40e for one.. lot of cash...

Worth it or not, giving them money is fuel to the fire at this point. 

Yeah plus with the state of the game this thing may be underpowered in 1 year

12 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Its very strong when played right but its not idiot proof like defender

440 alpha with -10 depression on sides, lmfao

Better for good players than a Skorpion?

12 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

it's different but when you got hit by arty its definitely better. Also it was enjoyable to play - yesterday. But its not a defender.

4 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Is this better than a Chrysler btw? Fun/credit factor aside, that is

It has standard penetration that works + it seems to be better at fighting higher tiers even with low prem pen looking at skills' twitch stream.

7 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Im not the right person to ask. I personally prefer this over Skorp, altho I dont like the Skorp in the first place.

Skorp is obviously better at farming damage, though.

21 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Better for what?

You are comparing a paper armour TD/medium hybid with a Heavy Tank.

If you are talking about the ability to generate silver note that the shell cost of the 50TP is 880 silver while the Defender is 1025 and the Skorpion G is 1070. The two heavies hit for 440, while the Skorpion G hits for 490. The reload time and thus the dpm is higher on the Skorpion G. In the few games I have played with the 50TP it has made decent silver credits.

1 hour ago, arthurwellsley said:

Better for what?

You are comparing a paper armour TD/medium hybid with a Heavy Tank.

If you are talking about the ability to generate silver note that the shell cost of the 50TP is 880 silver while the Defender is 1025 and the Skorpion G is 1070. The two heavies hit for 440, while the Skorpion G hits for 490. The reload time and thus the dpm is higher on the Skorpion G. In the few games I have played with the 50TP it has made decent silver credits.

Better at not making me hate this game. Fun. 

On 8/2/2018 at 9:45 AM, hazzgar said:

Better at not making me hate this game. Fun. 

Well the 50TP is fun I find. But it does not have Defender levels of idiot proof armour. It needs more skill to play than a Defender, and so you need to think more about where you are going, what you are going to do there, and what the enemy team line up is. However, because reloads faster than the Defender it has much more potential than a Defender in the right hands.

1 hour ago, arthurwellsley said:

Well the 50TP is fun I find. But it does not have Defender levels of idiot proof armour. It needs more skill to play than a Defender, and so you need to think more about where you are going, what you are going to do there, and what the enemy team line up is. However, because reloads faster than the Defender it has much more potential than a Defender in the right hands.

Defender is frustrating because the gun handling is annoying even if it's idiot proof. This is why I ask about 50TP - is the armor reliable when hull down and is the gun reasonably reliable? Is there anything super annoying? 

Simply put:  not good

after 1 hr, never bounced a hull shot from front

only bounced a few off turret, but everything pen'd the roof

side scraping ok, but must minimize exposure of drivers casement

pen is poor, especially given accuracy

gun depression is nice (more to side than front, none to rear)

bottomline: would drive almost any other T8 heavy over this

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Defender is frustrating because the gun handling is annoying even if it's idiot proof. This is why I ask about 50TP - is the armor reliable when hull down and is the gun reasonably reliable? Is there anything super annoying? 

Guns final accuracy sucks but the bloom values are good enough (Atleast for me). The turret is reliable enough for me when hull down that I dont fear using it but if anyone even looks at you with 300mm HEAT, it will go through. Roof is overmatchable by 121mm+ guns, but I havent found that to be a problem yet if you abuse the gun depression (Since only a small part of your roof will be visible anyway)

24 minutes ago, rurickjames said:

Simply put:  not good

after 1 hr, never bounced a hull shot from front

side scraping ok, but must minimize exposure of drivers casement

pen is poor, especially given accuracy

gun depression is nice (more to side than front, none to rear)

bottomline: would drive almost any other T8 heavy over this

Not sure what you've been driving since this is definitely one of the better T8 heavies. Treat this like a old T32 where the hull was paper but turret was godlike and it works wonders. I'll take this to randoms over the defender any day of the week.

Edit: Based on your text it feels like you expected to get a unpenetratable turret with a defender like hull, that is not the case. If you treat it like that, of course you'll get shitty results.

This alone shows that you havent been using the tank properly, when you abuse your gun depression, enemies wont have a chance to overmatch your roof really.

There's a part of the front track that doesn't have hitbox behind it meaning you can bait enemies into thinking they can track+damage you when in reality it only tracks and does no damage if you ever get caught out on flat ground

9 hours ago, Swoopie said:

This alone shows that you havent been using the tank properly, when you abuse your gun depression, enemies wont have a chance to overmatch your roof really.

Noted; however, this shows that the 50TP Proto does not have the type of flexibility necessary to be a good tank.

The tank seems like some sort of slow 2nd line support heavium.  Perhaps it's a playstyle I'm just not familiar with.

I will give'r another go with some of these recommendations.

9 hours ago, rurickjames said:

Noted; however, this shows that the 50TP Proto does not have the type of flexibility necessary to be a good tank.

The tank seems like some sort of slow 2nd line support heavium.  Perhaps it's a playstyle I'm just not familiar with.

I will give'r another go with some of these recommendations.

How is it a support tank when it has a strong turret + gun dep + alpha to trade?

Picked this up due to tilt from life. I expected a hulldown bunker but this tank really isn't anything like that. The armour like its tier 9 brother is absolutely riddled with weakspots, and is in any case weak to high pen.

What it does do and do very well is trade. The tank has a tiny profile when anywhere near hulldown and has -10 gun depression over the sides; you have 440 alpha with workable soft stats; your front plate (and drivewheels) are autobounce even though your mailbox driver thingie is autopen. The overall package makes it one of the best tanks in tier for just poking and unloading on distracted reds, and like all trading tanks, it's at least moderately fun to play.

I'd describe it as a distinctly Polish (i.e. autist) mix between a Defender and a Revalorise. Definitely more fun than some of WG's other recent and rather dubious offerings.

0PwQQH2.pngIF1Spek.pngrdCsfew.png