crapcannon

The return of Province

27 posts in this topic

Old map in HD. Exactly the same gameplay so it's all about campers, tanks below enemy and literally zero tactic. 

Nice, finally a map where I can lose 60% of my health to camping tds after peeking, then sit behind a moderately tall building while clickers slowly splash all my remaining hp away, can't wait to play it!

Old Providence years ago was all about rushing down and under opposite hills right from start. Even good arty players rushed down so they would get better shoots on enemy tanks who have equally rushed down and across valley. Map being little bigger can help but slow tanks are still prolly doomed to camp if they cannot get down and across fast enough. Especially with 268-4's and grilles being soo fast on getting on firing position.

First game of the patch I get this map & im in my Lowe. Tried to get down below to the opposite side. Got raped halfway. In short, if you’re in a slow tank, stay up top.

out of all the removed maps they could of reintroduced, they reintroduced province...?

and then made it for high tiers? 

Im rapidly losing every single ounce of my faith in WG to be anything other than clueless idiots...

20 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

out of all the removed maps they could of reintroduced, they reintroduced province...?

Im rapidly losing every single ounce of my faith in WG to be anything other than clueless idiots...

Seriously? You had faith? After 268 v4?

8 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Don't lie Assassin, you never had any faith in this game. I really don't think any of us did lol.

I've played this map once. Got ace (and LT14 with honors) in Blackdog, so it must be a good map.

Honestly, it is horrible, 15 minute campfest meeting corridors. I can already feel the pain, when I have to play this in something slow.

Had this just once, tier 10 game. I was in the tier 9 Mini-Maus. Was not stupid enough to try and cross over, but thankfully a good chunk of the mediums on our team did cross. There are many cross-fire opportunities, but if the opposing team is smart enough not to give those away, it quickly can become a stalemate. As it is, they were stupid giving me flanking shots so I wasn't completely useless. Solid-ish win.

Can easily see how it will become a camp-fest. Basically the team that is able to get enough of its faster tanks over to the other side to give vision and open up the cross-fire will win. If neither team can do so, it will become a camping stand-off as there is no cover in the middle area and trying to cross it with set TDs will mean certain death.

26 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

Had this just once, tier 10 game. I was in the tier 9 Mini-Maus. Was not stupid enough to try and cross over, but thankfully a good chunk of the mediums on our team did cross. There are many cross-fire opportunities, but if the opposing team is smart enough not to give those away, it quickly can become a stalemate. As it is, they were stupid giving me flanking shots so I wasn't completely useless. Solid-ish win.

Can easily see how it will become a camp-fest. Basically the team that is able to get enough of its faster tanks over to the other side to give vision and open up the cross-fire will win. If neither team can do so, it will become a camping stand-off as there is no cover in the middle area and trying to cross it with set TDs will mean certain death.

So if you get stupid fast tanks = lost game. 

Well, at least it's mixing things up from the usual stupid heavy tanks = lost game on the city maps.

I've only played it once, in a tier 5 (Italian). Haven't formed an opinion on the map yet.

Anything fast needs to cross and get to the other side, particularly the two ledges that either side has, these provide spotting and double bush shooting opportunities on anyone that has pushed along their ledge.

Many people get caught out, they seem to think it's the traditional corridor but there are plenty of cross-fire opportunities and from what I have seen most players can't keep track of it all, if they get lit they panic and often back out from the cover they have to their side.

Once you deal with the guys who have pushed up it then becomes harder because the camper who basically haven't moved from spawn are tougher to dig out and many of these players basically back themselves into a corner of a building and won't move. The issue is at this point there is nowhere to flank, you either go straight at them or you have to go into the middle death zone where the enemies the other side can then shoot you. This is where the game often stalemates if you haven't enough HP or armour left to push either side. 

They needed to give more flanking routes along the two ledges, principally stuff along the map border so you can flank without getting shot from the other side, they also should have made the gradient difference between the sides and the middle far less stark, instead of cliffs you should have had a gentle slope which would allow any fast tank the ability to basically access anywhere from the middle. 

But I don't hate it, had some massive combined damage games in fast meds and lights, I'd much rather play it than Abbey or Ensk or Mountain Pass etc. because mobility, camo and view range actually plays a big role. 

Its fun seeing all players not knowing where to go; you get the best ass shots ever. 

Between this, Glacier, and Erlenburg it's like they're trying to make all the maps shit. Just dump all the tanks in a big pile at the beginning of the game and get it over with already, half the players will still sign their paychecks over to you anyway.

I guess I am the only one who likes this map. It is excellent if you are driving a medium/heavium with good firepower.

I only played handful of games but they all pretty much went like this:

- Cross to the other side.

- Get ass or side shots few times upon arrival.

- Slowly dig out the enemy team.

- Cross back to your side and get more ass shots.

- ???????

- Profit

10 minutes ago, Katoleras said:

Snip

That has been my limited experience as well; but not necessarily fun.  All the touted map size increase did was enlarge the already useless lower valley kill zone... 

6 hours ago, Katoleras said:

I guess I am the only one who likes this map. It is excellent if you are driving a medium/heavium with good firepower.

<snip>

Yeah, mostly my experience so far, both in a leo or in mid tier tanks. Proxy spotting tank who can't do shit about you because you're 15 metres below them is rather evil. I've had a type 4 grossly misjudge the height and crash to try and get me…

6 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

All the touted map size increase did was enlarge the already useless lower valley kill zone... 

Well, it made that you can't anymore park in a bush on your side with a pak36 or a DMax, activate your bino, go take a shower, and come back for a one sided victory scorecard and a scout + patrol duty combo.

14 hours ago, Katoleras said:

- Cross to the other side.

- Get ass or side shots few times upon arrival.

- Slowly dig out the enemy team.

- Cross back to your side and get more ass shots.

- ???????

- Profit

Nah I've liked it as well in the games I have played, watched a skill vid on it and he;s right you have to be ultra careful on this map, but you with something fast and good view range you can have some monster games on it.