Deus__Ex__Machina

RiP 430 ver 2 (Super-Test Changes)

21 posts in this topic

UNSHfw5.png

All i can Say is Why

Just

Why

Like i understand they want to make the tech tree play style consistent going from the 416 to the upcoming K-91, but man this thing looks like it will be hot garbage now.

The main change is the Armor followed by some HP loss, which is what made the 430 ver 2 so good IMO.

they seemed to have made the gun more accurate and aim faster, but i'm unsure of which of the two gun choices these stats represent

(comparison) 

2uTU4eh.png

Object-430-Version-II-Stats.png?resize=7

I don't see any reason at all to play this tank. Every aspect of this tank got worse, beside a small acc buff and aim time improvement. 

How is this not suppose to become underpowered now? 

It seems like you've used the effective values in your comparison, but WG states the base values?

Looking on the current (base) stats on tanks.gg shows the same 48°/s hull, 40°/s turret rotation speeds, as well as the 8s base reload time for the 219-pen gun.

Also the current base acc is 0,38 and the aim time 2,90s.

So to me it seems like it trades armour and health for more view range and a bit better accuracy.

I guess it would be interesting to see what they want to do with the other gun on it.

Also for me the most interesting stat would be how much XP the new tier X will cost. So I can grind it now, while it still has some armour...

WTf is the point of this thing with the T-54 and Obj 430 ???

Does it now have a 360d turret? if not, its even worse

Gotta love WG, nerfing a medium tank that was by all accounts relatively balanced, but leaving the 268v4 ingame as is.

@rindorbrot IMO id say grind out the XP now with the current 430 ver 4 for sure.

it seems they want to make the tier 9 a sniper like the tier 8 and upcoming tier 10 will be, a sniper with a bad RoF and the choice of mediocre 219 pen or slow velocity 330 heat...........

It seems every tank now has either to have shit dpm or shit final acc. Like a new obsession from wg. 

Forgot to add this part with the proposed buffs:

Added the D-54U gun
Changed the DPM from 2502.9 to 2669.7
Reduced the reload speed from 7.671 s to 7.192 s
Changed the rounds per minute from 7.821 to 8.343
Changed the accuracy from 0.364 to 0.336
Reduced the aim time from 2.78 s to 1.92 s
Reduced the bloom after firing from 3.836 to 3.356
Reduced the turret movement bloom from 0.153 to 0.115
Reduced the movement bloom from 0.134 to 0.115
Reduced the hull turning bloom from 0.134 to 0.115
Reduced the maximum turret rotation bloom from 6.14 to 4.6
Reduced the maximum movement bloom from 7.38 to 6.33
Reduced the maximum hull turning bloom from 6.44 to 5.52

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

@rindorbrot IMO id say grind out the XP now with the current 430 ver 4 for sure.

For sure, that's the plan.

I have 220k XP banked on it already.

But I have the feeling this will not be enough...

5 hours ago, Katoleras said:

Forgot to add this part with the proposed buffs:

Added the D-54U gun
Changed the DPM from 2502.9 to 2669.7
Reduced the reload speed from 7.671 s to 7.192 s
Changed the rounds per minute from 7.821 to 8.343
Changed the accuracy from 0.364 to 0.336
Reduced the aim time from 2.78 s to 1.92 s
Reduced the bloom after firing from 3.836 to 3.356
Reduced the turret movement bloom from 0.153 to 0.115
Reduced the movement bloom from 0.134 to 0.115
Reduced the hull turning bloom from 0.134 to 0.115
Reduced the maximum turret rotation bloom from 6.14 to 4.6
Reduced the maximum movement bloom from 7.38 to 6.33
Reduced the maximum hull turning bloom from 6.44 to 5.52

gaining 167 dpm and better soft stat will never make up for losing armor that enables you to bully lower tiers.

They're just super test changes, those are ACTUALLY subject to change. So we never know.

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It seems every tank now has either to have shit dpm or shit final acc. Like a new obsession from wg. 

Da tovarisch. Is for balance, because accurate guns can be penning heavy tanks and making Murazor cry, and DPM is bad for heavy tank hit points.

13 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Both things used by good/great players.... using DPM and aiming for weak spots is hard, so they made the Jap Hvy's and the 268v4

They have to nerf some russian tank and they don't want to do it with the v4 so why not randomly select a tank in the russian tank tree and nerf the shit out of it:MingLee:

7 hours ago, Crossfader said:

Both things used by good/great players.... using DPM and aiming for weak spots is hard, so they made the Jap Hvy's and the 268v4

The thing is tomatoes hate the 268v4s too. I doubt it's different on the RU server since it is a tank that bounces even heat.

I get the idea that they want the 430vII to play like the 416 and K-91, and even though I'm annoyed with the trend of making all the tonks the same, I think it could work at least in theory. The problem is that at the end of the day, if this thing is forced to exclusively play as a sniper its going to be slinging a shitload of HEAT. And if you are going to sling HEAT anyway, why not do it a whole tier lower?

Perhaps if the new 430vII had a better AP shell and didn't need to use the HEAT, then we could talk. If its going to be gimped with terribad depression, limited turret traverse, and now without armor either, then perhaps APCR as standard wouldn't be an outrageous demand. Plan B is to simply make it more economical, make the sales pitch that its much less expensive to run than the 416.

As of the K-91, more of the same. Any time it has to fall back on HEAT then the same question comes back- why aren't I doing this in the 416 instead? And consider how it compares to its competition- its advantages in accuracy and penetration are negligible yet it still has the odd layout and other drawbacks. Though I guess they could give it a niche by just adding a fuckton of DPM, maybe a quirky autoloader, or something else.

First they changed the T10s to align the lines playstyle, now they change the line to align the playstyle with the new T10. Makes sense (in WGs book).

On 5/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, hall0 said:

I don't see any reason at all to play this tank.

I don't see any reason at all to play this game.

Can't see any reason to play this over the T-54, the T-54 is just all round a much better tank than those stats and both will have to be flinging HEAT.

To compensate for those armour changes it and the fact it's an awkward tank would need a gun better than most tier 9 meds and certainly way more pen, like 250-260 AP at least, high velocity, very low aim time.