DerWeasel7

"Forward, ye' dogs! Once more, unto the breach!" - Frontline Event

99 posts in this topic

Establishing a beachhead in this sector, relay all pertinent information to this location.

Frontline is now up and running on the live server. Post in this thread about anything in regards to the event, from grand farming expeditions, to the mindless masses being what they are, and any helpful hints to those seeking to journey into the unknown. Love it? Hate it? Sound off!

My first positive surprise @ wot in years. The mode is fun, you can farm all day, I managed to do 12k average per game using only premiums, so 1 game nets around 400-500k /600-800k overall/. I played for 1 hour and got 2 million credits. With tier 8 only the mode is playable and I like it very much. So from now on the "plan" is to play only this mode and farm up 20 million credits at least.

The game mode is honestly fun, and my only gripe is that it isnt here to stay.

the rewards are amazing as well. especially since personal reserves work

sk6CQ0M.png

d9D1rgK.png1VDcdta.png

Note: if you prestige a fourth time you get 1000 bonds

Camo rewards for each prestige stage:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/04/29/frontline-pictures-of-new-camo-styles/

0bcpgH1.pngluh42jO.png

This game mode was top notch. Almost everything that world of tanks should have been.

Can you imagine playing this game mode in tier 10?

Especially clan wars... Everything would so unpredictable. Always fresh and dynamic gameplay instead of the repetitive bs we are playing atm. 

Heavies would need to get a marginal speed boost because of the map size probably though.

The mode is good, but still needs some work and I am not talking about some bugs or frame drops. I am talking about some gameplay mechanics. Spawn camping for example is a thing. 
If you have to attack and get a team full of potatoes it is possible the defending enemy team will not just camp around the cap but around your spawn. It is just awesome when you spawn in and you lose hp in an instant. NOT. Spawning on a different zone? Well good luck. If some others have the same idea you simply can't. The magic words "Front blocked - Player limit reached" will prevent you from doing so. You are forced to stay on your shitty zone and get farmed. Not cool WG. 

But it gets even better. When you cap an area the enemy gets forced out of the zone. The enemy has several second to leave the zone or they will die to a bombing strike. Nice idea. So you have some time to reorganize as attacker. But after the bombing strike the enemy can go back in the lost zone. Why WG? Again this can lead to Spawn camping or just frustration. You spawn in and you don´t just get shot from the front aka the zone you should attack next but also from the side or back. 
Why can red tanks still enter green zones like in A and B in the picture below? Why is this a thing? Attackers have it already way harder than defenders why make it even worse? Once an enemy tank enters a green zone it should get damaged over time. Like you take dmg in zone in PUBG. Don´t care if it is unrealistic it would improve gameplay. 

quXSlJx.jpg

Enough rant. I can finally play T8s again :D

1omxb3j.jpg

Not bad for a first battle.

Heres a fun Meme which makes sense: On NA, the game mode is available from 1pm to 2am EST. On the EU, its only available 11am-6pm EST. So... 13 hours vs 7 hours. Makes... sense. And pisses me off because I want to grind crews and credits on EU outside of fucking pubs.

I think wargaming did a really good job with this game mode. It stands out as one of the most fun things I can do in wot right now. It almost feels like this should become the standard game mode if they only added more maps to it and now I have a place to escape to and play my tier 8's in without having to worry about getting blasted by the OBJ Iambraindead v4. I will use the gamemode to grind out all the credits I'm going to need while I can.

9 minutes ago, Katoleras said:

Apparently this game mode is created by an entirely different company. No wonder it is so good lmao.

http://tankwarroom.com/article/705/world-of-tanks-introduces-30v30-frontline-game-mode

And just when I started to regain faith in wargaming with this new gamemode here comes you to smack me down again :(.

5 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

IohhIt1.png

:gachi:

I will top this tonight (unless you're running a 200% credit boost as well + SH bonus). Mine above would have been 1,345,090 Net, 1,285,501 profit

Which tanks did you run?

Really fun game mode, hopefully they make it permanent. Tier 9 only would.rock also. And tier 10. 

Lpt, if you have one crew that you use in more than one tank, only one tank will be pickable from the list. Happened me with lorry and ravioli

I actually really enjoyed this and it solves my biggest issue with WoT right now - grinding through Tier 8.  I had a really nice evening last night grinding Caernarvan and prems.  Attacking seems a little tough though - driving into Skorps and S1s in the castle at the end is painful.  I think defense won all 4 matches I was in, but a pretty small sample.  I had not played IS-3 in forever and I grabbed it at one point and remembered just how good the IS-3 is.

8owGCwg.jpg

Lorraine is easily a top contender for when attacking, Almost carried two full lanes but just didn't have the time, 

I see only positive reactions! Nice! Yeah I enjoyed this very much too when I played it in the sandbox. It's pretty fun in live server too but the hours kind of suck. I regret having no tier 8s to grind atm :P 

Tried using it as a mode to grind through garbage tanks, but it didn't work too well. Still was able to contribute fairly well, but the XP bonuses you get for ranks are big. You do 10k damage and hit general you get literally twice as much XP as doing 7k damage and hitting a rank (or even two) lower. You have the right premium tanks and it does make good credits though. Lowe and T-54 Mod have seemed to do well since armor is actually relevant. Tried a light tank one time, felt as useless as always.

I like the game mode. It feels refreshingly different. Even if your team sucks you can still farm a lot of damage, which makes me happy. I'll use it to grind through the SU101, it seems to do well in this mode. As does the WZ-120-1G FT with that insane DPM and good alpha. I find that you want speed above armor most of the time, except perhaps when defending that last stage, and that you can get plenty of long-range engagements. Scorpion, Blackdog, Progetto, Lorraine and even Type 59 have been working well for me.

Apart from the  SU101 the only tier 8 tank I'm grinding at the moment is the O-Ho. I can't get that one to work well, except perhaps in the last stage of the defense. It isn't good at range and when you brawl you get shot from 11 different directions. I will, therefore, finish the SU101 grind and then use it like most people, to grind credits with premium tanks.

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

US3so1T.jpg

i don't have 200% credit bonuses, only 50 :( how can I get one :thinking:

I've tried it only twice due to limited time. To be honest found it tough, but had really potato teams both times (both times defence as well). Easy wins for the attacking team. First one, I finished top of my team with only 8.5k damage which seems abysmally low. I died heaps in the second one because the team didn't seem to realise there's no point packing into and holding the first zones on A and C if you allow the B lane to just be walked over by the attacking team all the way to the castle...

But can definately see that the mode has potential and probably one of their better done extra modes. They should keep it.

6 hours ago, Vindi said:

i don't have 200% credit bonuses, only 50 :( how can I get one :thinking:

5 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

200% Credit Bonus?  Where?  How?

At times, WGNA has asked for logs when they're having issues with their client. Last time I sent those in, I got 10 200% 3 hour boost