DerWeasel7

"Forward, ye' dogs! Once more, unto the breach!" - Frontline Event

99 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

At times, WGNA has asked for logs when they're having issues with their client. Last time I sent those in, I got 10 200% 3 hour boost

ffs:gaben:

39 minutes ago, Vindi said:

ffs:gaben:

38 minutes ago, hall0 said:

You muricans get way too much free stuff :popcornkitty:

Yeah... Should I tell you about the free Lorrain 40t they gave about 1000 players for submitting requested logs?

49 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Yeah... Should I tell you about the free Lorrain 40t they gave about 1000 players for submitting requested logs?

ive never seen them ask for logs? is this on the official forums?

11 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

ive never seen them ask for logs? is this on the official forums?

Word got out to the 'Big' clans NA that they needed log files, and there would be a small reward for those who sent in the WG Checker tool and the file it creates, Python where error occurred, replays with time stamps where available, and be running no mods. This was of course when they had community reps who actually... Repped. RIP @dance210, VeganZombie, and Hypnotic

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Word got out to the 'Big' clans NA that they needed log files, and there would be a small reward for those who sent in the WG Checker tool and the file it creates, Python where error occurred, replays with time stamps where available, and be running no mods. This was of course when they had community reps who actually... Repped. RIP @dance210, VeganZombie, and Hypnotic

I recall most of that was #yootsfault... for championing the issues (WG was ignoring) and making a reward happen for the players time.  In typcial WG fashion the rewards were reduced to boosters the third time around.

I think it's kinda sad that the best looking most interesting part of the map that's the castle/town barely sees any action :(

Late defend, take blackdog and farm all those nice asses of attackers. In case of a pursuit use smoke. It's stupid and it works.

On 5/8/2018 at 4:02 PM, Katoleras said:

Apparently this game mode is created by an entirely different company. No wonder it is so good lmao.

http://tankwarroom.com/article/705/world-of-tanks-introduces-30v30-frontline-game-mode

WG are still putting their own stamp on it by making it primetime-limited and temporary.

So what tanks are best suited for this mode? Fo far I play Patriot, Spagetto and sometimes Defender. Scorpion seem to do well too.

I tried to play randoms after playing frontline yesterday. It was fucking frustrating. I tried to grind the tier 7 spagetti tank. I had 75% WR over 24 battles, but I still hated every single moments of it. No amount of WR or Dmg will make me like the game anymore in it's current trash form. The maps and the MM are so fucking miserable in randoms, that I won't be able to play this game after the event is over. It fixes two out of three issues with the game (maps and mm) and also a lot of the frustrating things are not a big issue with the respawn.

The sad part is for a second I thought WG did something nice here until I learned it's not their work. It makes sense now.,,

List of tanks to play in frontline? Skorpion, Defender and Progetto not available, lol

Seriously, THIS is what assault mode should have always been about. 

I could do without the clicky consumables - although I use the arty strikes extensively to remove low health skorps.  Its a great combination of brawling areas, flanking is for real, there is a role for almost every tank that is not too slow. 

This mode has resurrected SO MANY obsolete and underpowered tanks from the dustbin.  I have seen some really solid work done by ISU-152, JP II, Pershing, 50t, hell even the IS-6 is useful again with AP ammo.  If you have been dreading the grind through the TVP-VTU, Panther II, SU-101 etc, salvation has arrived for a limited time only.

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Seriously, THIS is what assault mode should have always been about. 

This mode has resurrected SO MANY obsolete and underpowered tanks from the dustbin. 

I was thinking Advances instead of Assault. 

Shhhhhh...  AMX 50/100 as well, since it can clip most T8s out...

This mode has gotten soooo many things right. But it's greatest achievement is it has Made Tier 8's Great Again!!  :trump:

You know what is godlike in this gamemode ? I played an entire hour playing it and i haven't been hit by arty. Even when i watch streamer they RARELY get hit. Maybe once a session.

To be frankly the most honest I can: This game mode feels like what I thought WOT would be like when I started playing it

1 hour ago, DHP said:

You know what is godlike in this gamemode ? I played an entire hour playing it and i haven't been hit by arty. Even when i watch streamer they RARELY get hit. Maybe once a session.

You must be lucky. I got hit 3 times the very first game I played. That's normal arty, by the way, not counting the times I get artied by people with the arty consumable.

3 hours ago, zbran said:

This mode has gotten soooo many things right. But it's greatest achievement is it has Made Tier 8's Great Again!!  :trump:

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

To be frankly the most honest I can: This game mode feels like what I thought WOT would be like when I started playing it

and it wasn't made by WG, thats the funny thing.

Even in this mode the Panther II is unplayable shit. Highlights so far include being killed from full health by an arty strike consumable and literally taking damage to engine or ammo rack 4 hits in a row.

Arty has been very light overall even with the arty consumable, I don't expect it to last though. I wager arty is stupid easy to play in this mode since it forces players to the cap circle. I would definitely be ruining peoples' games myself but I don't have a tier 8 arty.

Yeah arty still sucks. Especially when you get hit by arty and arty strike + air strike. You just sit in front of your screen and question your existence. And If you do survive you won't have any fun playing with your crippled tank until you reached a repair zone. 

I'm a terrible person, but I'm debating bringing back either my US or FR Tier VIII SPG...  From what I've seen in the after battle, though, much more reliable results with damage dealers - the arty don't ever place well, and if you don't get at least Major, it's kinda a wash.