Deus__Ex__Machina

Object 268 V4 Supertest Nerfs

46 posts in this topic

supertest-268-4-en.png

OBJECT.jpg

long story short they made the already penetrable weak points a bit weaker than before

and made the aim-time, the reverse speed, and the Horsepower (acceleration?) a bit worse.

what yall think? will this be enough? or dose it need to be hit harder by the nerf bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t care about the nerf to the hatch cause the target is so small that no one ever shot there anyway. Similar story with the lower front plante. Armor thickness never was a a problem here, the angle is. It is close to autobounce or it is just above autobounce. Pretty much every shot you will soon pen there would have most likely penned there with the old armor stats as well. 
The real nerf to the armor is the -20 to the viewport. This will probably make it a guaranteed pen with gold in the future unlike the 50/50 it is now. This will hurt the tank. 
To the gun. Well you will get the same feeling as if you are driving your Object without GLD at the moment. It is OK I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hall0 said:

The real nerf to the armor is the -20 to the viewport. This will probably make it a guaranteed pen with gold in the future unlike the 50/50 it is now.

I think you meant 50-50 with normal ammo. it was 254mm not 300! Now it's an almost guarantee pen for normal ammo too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they nerf the front bottom of the tank?

Untitled.jpg.f844f7c977ad03424b008f021e18b05a.jpg

Cresting a rock while WG taking good care of your driver's arse:serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it still reverse up hills faster than medium tanks can go forward up the hill? If yes, then it needs more nerf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is you can't nerf the tank without murdering it because TDs were never meant to be frontline machines. 

Nevertheless they should nerf the casemate armour around the mantlet so that if you bounce you do because people will hit the manlet and it will happen due to 25% rng accuracy. Plus the nerfs they have already brought to the supertest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's absolutely not enough but the noobs will whine on 30 pages on the official forums that they can't do free 4k damage sitting at one spot anymore.. oh wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imho still won't be balanced. They need to nerf the reverse speed instead of the forward speed. That way it makes it a pain in the arse to pull back if you overextend. 

17 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Did they nerf the front bottom of the tank?

 

Untitled.jpg.f844f7c977ad03424b008f021e18b05a.jpg

Cresting a rock while WG taking good care of your driver's arse:serb:

Oh boy the amount of times I've bounced because I miss the lower lower plate and hit the underside.... 

 

nice meme. 

 

edit: Also would rather a 20mm nerf to the side armour over a 20mm nerf to cupolas. Fucking bullshit side armour nonsense making tier 8s have trouble penning from the side while flat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eventually this tank will succumb to the nerfs that brought down the E5 and the Maus. I just hope it happened fucking now instead of these half-nerfs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

edit: Also would rather a 20mm nerf to the side armour over a 20mm nerf to cupolas. Fucking bullshit side armour nonsense making tier 8s have trouble penning from the side while flat. 

The superstructure yeah but lower than that if you shoot the drivewheel you can dmg and detrack from pretty much right in front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always the same story - WTFE100, Grille,... OP, slight nerf, more nerf,...might be ok a year later. Until players converted enough XP with Gold to get the tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is laughable

At the end of the day, the problem with the 268v4 are not the small micro problems like cupolas, it's the fundamental problem that it's a broken concept. Wargaming want to nerf it to 'maintain its role as a fast breakthrough tank' but the thing is that a 'fast breakthrough tank' is just an intrinsically broken idea. Breakthrough tanks are supposed to be slow and reinforce the tanks which have occupied key positions first. No matter how you try to nerf it, as long as it's a 'fast breakthrough tank', it will be broken. It may stop being OP but it will still be broken. Sure, you can nerf the cupola, you can nerf the gun and reverse speed but that's just going to make it more frustrating to play and not improve the game. Players will still be forced to just ignore Malinovka hill in a medium tank because that 268v4 is going to get there first and you can't deal with him.

Look WG, you tried to introduce something unique, a fast breakthrough tank. It didn't work. You'll have to either take away the fast or take away the breakthrough. There's no other real solution.

 

This is a lazy and malicious cop out. This is their way of putting on an image of dealing with the problem without actually dealing with the problem. These people are disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Deliberate said:

This is laughable

At the end of the day, the problem with the 268v4 are not the small micro problems like cupolas, it's the fundamental problem that it's a broken concept. Wargaming want to nerf it to 'maintain its role as a fast breakthrough tank' but the thing is that a 'fast breakthrough tank' is just an intrinsically broken idea. Breakthrough tanks are supposed to be slow and reinforce the tanks which have occupied key positions first. No matter how you try to nerf it, as long as it's a 'fast breakthrough tank', it will be broken. It may stop being OP but it will still be broken. Sure, you can nerf the cupola, you can nerf the gun and reverse speed but that's just going to make it more frustrating to play and not improve the game. Players will still be forced to just ignore Malinovka hill in a medium tank because that 268v4 is going to get there first and you can't deal with him.

Look WG, you tried to introduce something unique, a fast breakthrough tank. It didn't work. You'll have to either take away the fast or take away the breakthrough. There's no other real solution.

 

This is a lazy and malicious cop out. This is their way of putting on an image of dealing with the problem without actually dealing with the problem. These people are disgusting.

whenever i look at the 268 V4, i imagine WG looking at the T110E3 and saying "what if it was Russian and could go 55kp/h?"

and thats how the V4 was born

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's suppose the weakspots were even weaker than this, sure you could punish a v4 if he's sitting still but even the potatoes know better than to do that. Its still going to just roll at you and win. If anything the aim time is the most critical nerf of all of these. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the weakspot nerfs happily, but that alone will only do so much.

And just as some others have said, if the armor or the mobility are more comprehensibly nerfed in any meaningful way, the assault shtick goes completely out the window. If it comes to that, then even WG will be wondering why they even touched the 263 in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The armor and mobility can be negated by double tracking, but its the god tier aim time. Yesterday I had a 268v4 turn and snap my m46 turret which was barely poking over the ridge. Needless to say, I lost the game, because he was camping on Artic Region North spawn hulldown, there simply was no way to get to him because there was a grille 15 and scorp just beside him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never had any trouble penning the weakspots on this tank, I had trouble HITTING them.  You could reduce the weak spots to 100mm and they would still be pixel sniping RNG rolls as long as the tank was rolling back and forth like a medium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowhere near enough, what the tank is doing now, basically yoloing around in people's faces, blapping them with 650 alpha and them bouncing on it, it will be able to do after these changes.

Armour nerf doesn't change a lot, you might get 60% chance to pen on the cupola now with tier 10 guns, so people who don't spam premium at it might pen 1 more shot out of 10 than they do now.

The lower plate is auto-bounce so who the f cares what the thickness is unless you can overmatch.

And the tank will still have 55kph top speed, 18 hp/ton, better than fast heavy ground resistances, and 20 kph reverse speed that no other TD or heavy at tier 10 has IIRC. So basically it is still as fast a medium, just a little bit more sluggish.

And 2.3s aim time for a 152mm with 907 dispersion is still excellent and at the ranges these things fights is meaningless, especially when you have 290 AP pen or 360 HEAT.

My suggestions would be -

  • Top speed 45kph
  • Reverse speed 15kph
  • hp/ton around 15
  • Aim time 2.7s
  • Cupola 200mm
  • Lower lower plate overmatchable to most tier 10 guns. 

Then it would still be more than mobile for an armoured TD (those stats still shit on an E3 or JpE100) has a tiny lower plate it needs to hide, and a cupola tier 8s can pen that it needs to wiggle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relevant I guess:

Quote

Q: How did Object 268 Version 4 happen? A: The only connection I have to this tank is its looks. I have been tasked to search for a potential replacement tank, and I decided that Obj 268 V 4 looked potentially balanceable and the model itself looked good. Yes, I was one of the people that picked out blueprints for a potential replacement, but I had nothing to do with the balancing of this vehicle. I played this tank, and I did not personally think it was overpowered, instead I thought of it as a more weird tank than overpowered tank. Following from the winrate of this vehicle, I can say that it is a good tank, thus, as you can see from the supertest changes, this vehicle received some negative changes. This will not change the playstyle or anything, but nevertheless it is a nerf to the main characteristics of the tank. I don't see a reason to create such whine and drama about this tank. The tank has good frontal armor, however gets penned very easily in the sides through its tracks. The problem may not solely pertain to Object 268 V-4, given how many maps in the game have tunneled gameplay.

Murazor balances tanks in a fucking vacuum,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.