ICameForFame

Chinese Reassurance for Tier 9 needed :)

14 posts in this topic

Started to play the game again on a new account and I have to say I enjoy it for the meanwhile. I used to be a 60% WR, 2200 WN8 player and I hope to be there again.

As I started to grind the Chinese TD tree and plan to play Tier 9 mostly in random battles, I am wondering about the viability of the Chinese Tier 9s.

I have a battery of questions:

How well do the WZ-132A, WZ-120, WZ-111 model 1-4 and the WZ-111G FT do?

From my little research the HT is solid, the MT questionable, is that so? In case the WZ-120 indeed sucks, any recommendations for a T9 MT, what about E-50?

What about the other tanks?

Also when it comes to decide between the T-34-3 and the 59-Patton, which one to grab?

Same for WZ-111 (availability) and 112?

Same for Type 64 and Type 62?

Thank you for any input.

- Light tanks are good until you reach tier 9, then it kind of goes downhill. You will do great wn8 wise if you know what you are doing though. It is just extremely difficult to influence battles when you are crippled by wg balancing department so much.

- Type 64 is op at the moment..

- Type 62 is pretty solid.

- Skip chinese tier 8 premiums all together except for type 59.

- Chinese mediums are okay, they are just outclassed by Russian bias. They play very similar. So go for T-54 (If you can handle the stock grind, or have the money for free exp), or 430 (if you hate stock grinds) in tier 9.

- 5A is really strong atm, chinese heavies are in a good spot.

- Don't know much about the chinese tds.

of all the tier 9's the Wz111111111114 is the best by far, and both tier 10's that come after it are very worth it. One of the best tier 9 heavy tanks by far, think T-10 but with a bigger gun that hits harder.

as for the rest they are pretty Meh/10, ive heard the tier 9 TD is better than the tier 10 tier for tier, because its armor works. but i have zero experience with them.

as for premiums the only one that's currently available and worth it would be the WZFaggot TD premium, its pretty much the tier 8 version of the SU-122-44 but with good pen and kinda OP.

the type 64 is pretty OP for a light like mentioned above. the type 62 is good but not regularly available.

the 112 since the armor buffs is pretty good, but its gun is potato as fuck and requires a healthy amount of heat. so not a good credit maker. WZ111 is similar and not regularly available

the 59 Patton is not worth at all and utter garbage, the T-34-3 is decent but was recently removed from the tech tree for gold purchase.

overall i would go down the heavy tank line for sure, its the best the Chinese tech tree has to offer really in terms of tier 10's

WZ-14 is one of the best T9s hands down

E 50 is mediocre, T-54 is by miles the best T9 medium (best T9 in the game if you know what you're doing pmuch)

13 hours ago, ICameForFame said:

Started to play the game again on a new account and I have to say I enjoy it for the meanwhile. I used to be a 60% WR, 2200 WN8 player and I hope to be there again.

As I started to grind the Chinese TD tree and plan to play Tier 9 mostly in random battles, I am wondering about the viability of the Chinese Tier 9s.

I have a battery of questions:

How well do the WZ-132A, WZ-120, WZ-111 model 1-4 and the WZ-111G FT do?

From my little research the HT is solid, the MT questionable, is that so? In case the WZ-120 indeed sucks, any recommendations for a T9 MT, what about E-50?

What about the other tanks?

Also when it comes to decide between the T-34-3 and the 59-Patton, which one to grab?

Same for WZ-111 (availability) and 112?

Same for Type 64 and Type 62?

Thank you for any input.

I thought the tier 9 Chinese light was crap, the rest of the line up to it is ok (really liked the tier 8) and the tier 10 is ok (but all tier 10 lights are crap at the moment) but the 9 I thought was especially bad, it has a 320 alpha gun with 220 pen which sounds good on paper, but I swear WG then made it pay for that in every other way. Gun handling is bad, mobility is nothing stellar for a light, you feel very big for a light but are completely paper. 

It's like the worst combos of a med and light together IMO, you have the size and mobility more like a medium, but the armour and HP of a light and a gun that needs to be aimed for a while.

The WZ-111-4 is solid, mobility, 490 alpha, some usable armour and 340 HEAT pen, but personally I think it isn't a patch on the T-10 or the Conqueror and I'd make arguments for the M4 51, E75 and ST-1 over it as well but it's probably on par with those tanks. But the 5A is a complete beast, probably one of the best all round tier 10s, it just works, suits the meta and is very worth getting, making the 1-4 not worth keeping IMO. 

Haven't played the Chinese meds but don't see much point of them compared to their Russian counterparts, the 430U has now completely nullified the 121's point as a tank.  The 140 is just better than the 121 as well and the T-54 is just better than the WZ-120 and the 430 probably is as well. 

Best tier 9 medium IMO is the AMX 30, super fast, good gun handling, 390 alpha, good pen, HEAT round, amazing DPM for a tier 9, gun depression and some turret armour. 

The Skoda T50 is also very powerful for a tier 9 because of that fast burst autoloader, it's a damage padder extreme and last time I looked the MOE requirements on that tank are absurd. 

I wouldn't get the T-34-3 or the 59-Patton (and I won both), but if I had to chose then T-34-3, pref-MM, alpha damage and now has the same armour layout as the Type-59 (the Type-59 is a much better choice though) so is able to bully lower tiers.

Tier 8 premium meds that are worth it at the moment IMO are Progetto, Type 59, T-44-100, maybe T-54 proto and the Primo is pretty solid because of the turret armour and good base pen, it's basically a Patriot that trades hull armour for mobility. The upcoming Cent 5/1 RAAC will also be decent because it's basically a slightly better Primo victoria, with better hull armour, slightly better gun handling and a better engine.

Tier 8 meds are in a tough place though at the moment due to the MM, though frontlines helps if that stays around.

WZ-111 is decent, it's a sort of all round heavium now, but facing defenders and the like is tough for it.

Both type 64 and Type 62 are good IMO, strong lights on their tiers. 

since most info has been answered except for tier 9 td 

i'll tell you about that

tier 9 chinese td is the best tier 9 td in game, it's one of the few td at tier 9 that get the tier 10 td's gun

armor is great, most will shoot thinking it's a free pen only for it to bounce, the gun has great aim time, pen, alpha and respectable dpm. accuracy is bad, so food will be needed to maximize the gun's efficiency. good gun arc

mobility is kinda bad

punish retards who underestimate this td, usually russian heavy players in is3/t-10 will try to do dumb thing against you while you remove 1/2 to 1/3 of their health.

stop at tier 9 cause tier 10 chinese td sucks

Thanks a lot guys.

I clicked the Type 62, I like it. I will also grab the "WZFaggot TD premium" as I liked the SU-122-44 :-).

Will continue with the TD line and the HT line after.

Opting in for T-54,  I am surprised that it still kicks ass.

Will keep the mentioned alternatives in mind.

Obj 430 is also a solid choice now for T9 medium. Much more of a brawler but it has the armour to bounce shit because Russia. Leads to an OP for pubs tier 10 MT that has flown under the radar because Obj 268 F(o)u(r)ck You.'

edit: also Chinese TDs are just shitty for current meta. The only good chinese TD is the doorstop of [Never Happened] square. Damn thing is OP. 

On 5/15/2018 at 12:08 AM, Kolni said:

WZ-14 is one of the best T9s hands down

E 50 is mediocre, T-54 is by miles the best T9 medium (best T9 in the game if you know what you're doing pmuch)

This x1000 times. T54 has everything it's practically a tier 10 in disguise. You are a 140 that trades 300 dpm (aka a shot per minute) and some handling, for the ability to bully tier 7s and 8s more often.

The Juanito (wz-111111111111114) is a beast. To make it simple even I have over 60% WR with it. Just this tells you how strong the tank is. And the tier tens are just as strong.

20 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The only good chinese TD is the doorstop of [Never Happened] square. Damn thing is OP. 

Sorry, does not ring the bell. Which one do you mean?

Chinese heavies are excellent right now. The tier 9 is IMO tied for the best tier 9 heavy with the Conqueror. The 113 is really strong, and then we have the 5A. The 5A has mobility, armor, alpha, and DPM. To me a tank needs 3 of those to be considered strong and the 5A has all 4 of them.

2 hours ago, ICameForFame said:

Sorry, does not ring the bell. Which one do you mean?

The t8 prem. Its an SU-122-44 a tier higher with tier 9 pen, actual gun depression, actual view range and better mobility. At the expense of 440 alpha with less-insane but still stupid DPM

11 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The t8 prem. Its an SU-122-44 a tier higher with tier 9 pen, actual gun depression, actual view range and better mobility. At the expense of 440 alpha with less-insane but still stupid DPM

Ah right, thank you. I bought it, first match yesterday I got blown up (ammo rack exploded). Had lots of fun after it, even with a 75% crew and no rammer.

That thing seems to be bouncy at longer distances.

It is a monster in the Frontline mode as well. With little prem ammo and only tier 8s many tanks will have problems penning you, especially at range.