Bavor

Looks like Intel is now the best choice for video encoding...

12 posts in this topic

...with Adobe Premiere after the latest update that uses the iGPU on the processor for hardware acceleration.  I wonder if other video encoding software will get a similar update?

I updated Premiere CC today to the latest version, but I don't have any big projects to test with and without the iGPU hardware acceleration yet.

I'd like to see an 8700K vs a 12700x.

0lZuwZO.jpg

9 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

~300 MHz more won't make a big difference

Stop killing my dreams!

0 surprise, Premier is optimized for clock speeds which it clearly Intel will have. Theres still going to be applications where Ryzen make more sense

On 5/16/2018 at 1:32 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Unfortunately i can't be fucking arsed to spend the extortionate rates that adobe are charging us in AU for CC >.>

I get it for $40/year through a vendor on reddit /r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

10 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

0 surprise, Premier is optimized for clock speeds which it clearly Intel will have. Theres still going to be applications where Ryzen make more sense

Its not the clock speed that is giving Intel CPUs the big increase in performance with the latest update.

true, but Premier played nicer with Intel before this anyway. Its a very small (but, nice) thing that will impact minimal # of users. If you're doing a lot of high end video rendering with premier, I would have stuck with Intel anyway but with the i9 series.

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

true, but Premier played nicer with Intel before this anyway. Its a very small (but, nice) thing that will impact minimal # of users. If you're doing a lot of high end video rendering with premier, I would have stuck with Intel anyway but with the i9 series.

I'd say its a lot more than a minimal number of users.  Depending on who's sales stats you believe, Premiere has 50-75% of the professional and semi pro video editing market.  Premiere also is the most pirated video editing programs on torrent sites.  So its going to have a major effect on many people.

The update also probably made the 8700K one of the best bang for the buck CPUs when it comes to video editing.