Rexxie

On Allchat

38 posts in this topic

It has been a little over a year and a half since WG removed allchat. Looking back on it, what do you think? Did it help or hurt your enjoyment? Do you think it was a good decision?

Honestly, it terms of toxicity - I think it helped. Especially for people who aren't that good in WoT - you don't have assholes sending snide remarks over chat. You don't have people giving away your position on the map as well. Only thing left to worry about are those people who rage in your own team chat about nobody followed their batchat as it rushed across the field in Malinovka right into the guns of enemy tanks...

I liked all chat and i have the feeling the game now is... less personal? communicative? i dont really know but it feels like something is missing. though @kunjuro is right.

Nowadays i run with chat turned off because 4 strikes and i want to keep my account....

I don't miss it too much. Occasionally you do wish you could still banter a bit with the other team, but I understand why they removed it. It probably has helped with dealing with the toxic comments too, although probably not by that much given that most of the toxic stuff is usually directed at your own team anyway...

5 hours ago, Action said:

I liked all chat and i have the feeling the game now is... less personal? communicative? i dont really know but it feels like something is missing. though @kunjuro is right.

Nowadays i run with chat turned off because 4 strikes and i want to keep my account....

What? you can lose your account for "insults and provocation"? I thought that meant only chatbans. I was chat banned for a month in March. 

Warthunder still has all-chat and it's amazing. So much salt even though i never talk. Wot all-chat used to be pretty lit as well. I miss all the rage about "invisible cheater" or people ranting about gold rounds and throwing out racial slurs (to which you could report with your platoon and get them chat banned) lol. People are way too sensitive over stuff said IN TEXT over the internet; which is pretty fucking sad.

PAeDiSZ.jpg?2

More screenshots to follow:

nEMvcV6.jpg?1

zdKTjO9.png

qb31A1G.gif

3L3UNot.png

Plus lack of all-chat hasn't stopped me or anyone else from talking shit regardless

6lfdrUS.png

tHjMVJV.jpg

WGixmYt.jpg

RqFviKK.jpg?1

I miss the salt ._.

I was so disappointed to discover all chat has disappeared when I came back to the game.

4 hours ago, Zepherex said:

Hide contents

6lfdrUS.png

lmao this next-level trash talking got me cracking up, thanks

OT, the loss of all-chat made the game a lot less toxic with less opportunities to rag on the enemies for being shitbags and you to them. I think it's helped with with my mental stability in terms of playing this game actually, especially since it was around when arty could one-shot you with consistency (although it's still possible these days if you're not careful)

I kinda miss it, now I get bored pretty quickly after I die, that means I have to exit the battle which sucks when I'm waiting for the tank.

I am literally the most toxic player I have ever seen, its always directed at team mates, I still have never been banned.  If me telling our arty to drink a jar of bleach, telling our Maurbrecher that I hope he dies in a housefire while playing AND I TK'd a lower tier tank for repeatedly ramming me on a corner brawl just so I could use him for cover IN THE SAME GAME did not get me banned - WTF kind of matrix level shit do you guys do to get banned? 

Overall i think it helped remove most of the toxicity. Still it's a shame to see someone on your friendlist on the enemy team and not being able to banter.

Kinda dumb... still have all chat in WoWs, never really is an issue. Always fun asking who ate your random torpedo.

I miss the banter when you see a friend. I miss the compliments sometimes tossed around.

I don't miss the rampant toxicity, position revealing, and other stupidity. I wish they enforced the chat violations more, and left all chat in.

I still get plenty of hate, as evidenced by my recent status - it's just sent via PM in the garage.

Some of those posts above are hilarious. All chat was great for stuff like that. I used to rage way too much on it though...

I'm partly guilty of having been a toxic player that told enemy skyfags to go get raped by syrian refugees.

Loved it. Now I only have 14 inbred retards bleating at me and they don't get to give away my position for outliving them.

Eh there was always someone who would do the game a service and reveal arty positions when they are the last alive.