Sign in to follow this  
Errants

Tortellini or Ravioli?

14 posts in this topic

Meat-filled, of course, and baked in marinara... but, still, which would you choose?

Tortellini. 

When I am thinking of Ravioli I always have this in mind. Doesn't matter if the Raviolis are homemades or from a chef. I always have to think  of this tins.
71ziHb5gkPL._SY445_.jpg

Don't get me wrong. This tin Ravioli are OK but when you had to eat them several days on a camping trip you can't stand them for a long time. 

4 hours ago, hall0 said:

Tortellini. 

When I am thinking of Ravioli I always have this in mind. Doesn't matter if the Raviolis are homemades or from a chef. I always have to think  of this tins.
71ziHb5gkPL._SY445_.jpg

Don't get me wrong. This tin Ravioli are OK but when you had to eat them several days on a camping trip you can't stand them for a long time. 

As an Italian I find that picture disturbing. Pasta does not have to be homemade, but taking it from a tin is heresy. Like a t49 with the 90mm.

It must be cooked in a pot with water and salt or otherwise it is not pasta. It may be food but not pasta.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

As an Italian I find that picture disturbing. Pasta does not have to be homemade, but taking it from a tin is heresy. Like a t49 with the 90mm.

It must be cooked in a pot with water and salt or otherwise it is not pasta. It may be food but not pasta.

Nobody tell him about Chef Boyardee in US.

Tortellini. Many raviolis have questionable filling and come apart when cooked.

Cheese tortellini allows the use of meatballs, though. 

On 5/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, mistervanni said:

tortellini as they are from my town, if needs a reason for the king of egg based pasta :D

You from Bologna? I lived there for a year back in the mid-80s. So, yes, tortellini for me too.