Sign in to follow this  
DHP

The P26/40 or the murderer of lower tiers tanks

8 posts in this topic

Simply put, the tank is amazing.

You are sporting a 75mm gun with the standard 110 alpha with 97 penetration.

The reload is not too bad, the aim time is okayish at 2.2sec, dispersion is okayish since it’s still a tier 4 (still 0.4..). Edit: it does have one weakness, the shell velocity is really poor and you will notice it with a few tanks down the line aswell.

But what’s so good about it ? You are sporting 70mm penetration with your HE(from 97 with AP) with 175 damage every 4s, you go from ~1.6k dpm to ~2.6k when penetrating, and you penetrate A LOT. You basically murder any tier 3 and 4 with ease and basically two shot them most of the time. And when you need to use AP you still have a fast firing gun with decent gun handling for it’s tier.

Armor is nothing to write home about but you still have 50mm from the front and 40 to the side so you don’t get overmatch or penned by derp gun (unless other P26/40 :) )

Also the low tier matchmaking (tier 1 to tier 4) has been amazing ever since the 3/5/7 it’s basically +1/-1 MM all the time, you see a lot of lower and same tier battle, tier 5 battles happen but I can’t remember seeing a tier 6 during the grind.

it's still tier 4 so the grind was really quick but the experience i had with it was very, very good. 

I feel like a moron since i didn't know I had the high pen he when playing it so I was meh about it ( slow ap annoys me on all tanks)

I did forget to talk about the shell velocity which is pretty poor, altough tier 4 map rotation is usually pretty close range.

Its really broken, the HE was a mistake. Whenever you pen your HE, its like a T-34-85M with +400 DPM, at tier 4. GG

Just fix the HE pen and its fine. It becomes generic, but it wouldnt be broken and it would be still decent.

Funny how this thing is broken and tier 5 is a steaming pile of shit

10 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Its really broken, the HE was a mistake. Whenever you pen your HE, its like a T-34-85M with +400 DPM, at tier 4. GG

Just fix the HE pen and its fine. It becomes generic, but it wouldnt be broken and it would be still decent.

Funny how this thing is broken and tier 5 is a steaming pile of shit

As someone who played ap only - this would make it bad. Not super bad but bad. 

13 hours ago, hazzgar said:

As someone who played ap only - this would make it bad. Not super bad but bad. 

When I use AP/HEAT, its not really bad. Just generic and average. The alpha still hurts at that tier.

The HE is bullshit regardless.

15 hours ago, leggasiini said:

When I use AP/HEAT, its not really bad. Just generic and average. The alpha still hurts at that tier.

The HE is bullshit regardless.

Alpha is good but the gun is derpy as fuck, the tank is slow. Alpha isn't everything

This is a nice little tank.  BUT...IMHO you really need to free XP the tracks and at least the second engine to make it playable.  It's just so ungodly sluggish stock.  After the upgrades it isn't anyone's idea of a burner, but at least you can outrace a Matilda.  I'd recommend free XP'ing up to the second gun as well.  At that point it becomes not only playable but actually rather enjoyable.  The overall package is pretty decent, the gun is unquestionably the high point.  I'm not winning much, but I'm managing about 500 dpg, which for me in a tier 4 is not bad at all.  But for a couple of utter stinkers early on I'd be averaging about 600.  This thing can pump it out nicely.