DHP

The P.43 Bis, 240 alpha ? Yes please !

31 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2018 at 4:27 PM, sohojacques said:

@Hellsfog On paper it looks similar enough to the T-34-85M and it’s a stronk bully when occasionally top tier.

But something funky is going on with the mobility and gun handling. It literally can’t get up a hill to save itself. I think the only time it gets over 30kph is going downhill.

Got the tier 7 last night which I’m really enjoying though. Funny how little more than Vert. Stabs and a decent donk can make it very competitive a whole tier higher. So any buff to the tier 6 would make it broken OP....

Yeah, the mobility is a big draw-back for this tank, as it doesn't really gain enough in armour to counter the poor mobility relative to some of the other tier-6 mediums (which is full of strong options). I loved the VK30.01P (my only ever 3-mark tank) and as a similar alpha tank, I find it vastly superior.

Finished the grind after 55 games with a 55% wr, 1,046 dpg (which is about on par for me). I feel that the poor pen also hurts the tank when paired with its fairly lackluster gun handling. It's okay as a bully when top tier because it's hull can bounce, but realistically you want a turret that can bounce when you're a tier-6 medium, especially one with poor gun handling which needs time to aim, and I feel this doesn't really get that. So-so tank in my opinion.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:27 AM, sohojacques said:

@Hellsfog On paper it looks similar enough to the T-34-85M and it’s a stronk bully when occasionally top tier.

But something funky is going on with the mobility and gun handling. It literally can’t get up a hill to save itself. I think the only time it gets over 30kph is going downhill.

One game in, it seems to be decent brawler when top tier, the 140 pen is plenty for tier 6 as well.  BUT...holy crap this mobility batman.  Granted, I'm running a stock engine and upgraded tracks only, but still...I literally got outrun by an M6 on level ground.  That 50 kph top speed is utter BS so far.  Does it improve at all with the upgraded engines?

9 minutes ago, Tanager said:

That 50 kph top speed is utter BS so far.  Does it improve at all with the upgraded engines?

Yes. You can get to 50 kph downhill instead of only 45...

30kph on flat ground is as good as it gets from memory.

So 34 games in.  I'll have games where I'm like, yeah, this thing is kinda like a tier 6 430 - low, meaty alpha, likes to brawl.  Then I'll realize that my turret is pretty easy to pen, and I lack the mobility to flex (or escape) as rapidly as I'd like, and the gun handling totally lets me down.  For me, at least, this is kind of a feast-or-famine tank.  I'm averaging around 900 dpg, which isn't awesome, but it keeps my head above water, barely.  It's an enjoyable enough tank, but I don't see it as any kind of keeper.  It's not the worst grind ever, which is sorta damning with faint praise.

Ground my way thru 5-6-7 and finally feel good at Tier 8 ... P44 with the auto loader is cool ...... love the auto loader

The Tier 7 isnt bad but is just lacking ... it leaves you wanting more ........ more mobility to flank and move quickly and more armor to brawl 

Love my Premium Progetto 

Working my way to the Standard B