2012_PlayeR

A few tips regarding your mindset when you’re playing

9 posts in this topic

1. Understand that you are one tank in a team of 15. There will be times where you lose, and you must learn to accept it and move on.

2. Adhere not to technique, but to philosophy behind said technique.

3. Let go of any obsession with performance measures. Your performance measures should be treated as a consequence, not as a primary goal.

4. Control your anger. For one, it is just a game, for another, anger clouds your mind and results in poor decision-making, which further feeds into your anger.

5. Do not be ashamed about sitting back and observing the battlefield for a while before deciding on where to deploy, especially when you’re the underdog. There is no glory in dying a needless death.

That’s it for now, and I find myself tending to do better whenever I stick to these simple principles.

Step 1. Grab a ice cold stubbie

Step 2. Crack open stubbie

Repeat until at required level of zen.

38 minutes ago, Deliberate said:

6. Listen to music. Seriously, it helps calm you down from tilting.

7. Overdose on prequel memes

”Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?”

42 minutes ago, 2012_PlayeR said:

7. Overdose on prequel memes

”Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?”

I cracked a smile at your avatar. Probably I'm a bad person #kekistan

22 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Why the fuck did you come back to tanks? That isn't going to help your mindset. 

Well, in case there are others who still want to play this game, for some reason

With what I just mentioned, you're probably less likely to kill yourself, although I would also suggest moving onto a real game, like Insurgency or even Halo CE...

Also:

8. Treating this game very seriously only results in endless suffering.

9. when you get 3 losses in a row, stop playing and go do something that's actually fun instead of telling yourself "the next one will be a win" and proceeding to lose 10 in a row because you get tilted from losing the first 3.