Sign in to follow this  
2012_PlayeR

A Case for the Comet

4 posts in this topic

My recent shitposting spree aside, I came back to the game and later on these forums and I hear people saying about how the Comet has been “hit hard”; well, I loaded it up again, and actually still really enjoyed it, and the tank didn’t really feel particularly weaker compared to the last time I touched the game and by extension this tank (which was about a year ago, perhaps longer. I can’t recall.).

Yes because of map changes, you can no longer abuse vision with impunity and therefore also the disgustingly high camouflage values of the Comet like you used, however I never got the impression that the Comet was supposed to be a one-trick pony during my 2,320 games with it. Sure, it is indeed very good at plinking at targets while being invisible, but it’s not the only thing it is able to do; I always saw it is a highly versatile medium tank that can do most jobs fairly well (bar going toe to toe with another tank) and in my opinion doing it in a way that is far more comfortable than other tier 7 mediums, which it still is.

As for the nerfs to the turret, I would also disagree on the actual impact on performance that the nerf to the turret had; while it was trolly before updates, it was never designed for taking hits reliably, and in my opinion any frequent reliance on such a tactic is foolhardy at best, even before the updates. It is of my opinion that even before the updates, you should focus on not even getting shot at in the first place, not even in the turret, if avoidable.

Based on observations, I see that many of the complaints about the Comet has a lot to do with not being able to adapt to the changing game situation rather than any real fault with the tank itself; I found the tank to be surprisingly adaptable, and didn’t really feel that shortchanged despite the increase in corridor spam. Just hang back a bit, patch failing fronts and commit your tank at the correct time.

So yeah upvote, downvote, spinning in a podracer, shitpost, whatever. Just wanted to put this out there after reading the forums for a while.

The armour of its competition has grown in general far stronger, with a shitload of stuff at tier 8 impenetrable. Combine this with shitty shell velocity and terrible gun handling for 140 alpha these days (Panther, Panther M/10 etc aim better without vertstabs) means that the gun is just terrible now.

11 hours ago, Deliberate said:

The armour of its competition has grown in general far stronger, with a shitload of stuff at tier 8 impenetrable. Combine this with shitty shell velocity and terrible gun handling for 140 alpha these days (Panther, Panther M/10 etc aim better without vertstabs) means that the gun is just terrible now.

ehhh, going to disagree a bit on the impenetrable part there.

while i havent exactly played that many games ever since I came back, I thought the gun works just fine even with mostly AP, and still penetrates stuff just fine with how I play the tank. oh, and you still get to shoot people from mountain-goat positions. 

On 5/26/2018 at 6:20 PM, Deliberate said:

The armor is problematic but the tank is still comfy. The only problem is the shitty shell speed so you have to dab the 2 key more often. Also while the top speed isn't as good as the cromwell you still have close to 20hp/t