Kolni

[Supertest] Excalibur, Tier 6 British TD

21 posts in this topic

post-527655019-0-56307300-1527253763.jpgpost-527655019-0-61617800-1527253771.jpg

post-527655019-0-72824900-1527253788.jpgpost-527655019-0-87179800-1527253801.jpg

post-527655019-0-49629600-1527254640.jpgpost-527655019-0-65767000-1527254646.jpg

A new British TD has surfaced, and one that is truly challenging the Churchill GC for the ugliest tank in the game. I'm not familiar with tier 6 so I'm not sure how good these stats are, but there are two different gun options where one seems to be a derp with fairly high HE pen for T6 but absolute garbage in every regard and a standard pea-shooter british low tier gun as the other. It's also a bit special as it has 90/90 traverse which is is similar to the Obj 430v2 and 416, and nice depression but that isn't uncommon for low tiers anyway. 18hp/t makes it look like a mobile tank with a top speed of 50, and the pea-shooter seems to have okay pen values with very nice gun handling (1.6 aimtime is very low and .33 makes it effectively as comfortable of a gun as a russian T10 medium regardless of what the hidden soft stats might screw it over with). Armour is garbo but the closest thing I can compare this to is if the Churchill GC and E 25 made a baby. This is that baby. 

This tanks looks like they took the ugly hull design of the british tanks and combined it with the ugly turret design of american tanks. I'm half tempted to say it's a good safe sex advertisement, and half tempted to say it's adorable...

34 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

This tanks looks like they took the ugly hull design of the british tanks and combined it with the ugly turret design of american tanks. I'm half tempted to say it's a good safe sex advertisement, and half tempted to say it's adorable...

You take that back, American turrets have sxe curves

On 5/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

So how many troops is that thing supposed to carry? 

The vehicle has a 4-man turret and it's a FV300-chassis, so you should expect 4 men. Driver (front left), Gunner (front right), Loader (rear left) and Commander (rear right). New info available here

What really throws me off is, the design of the driver's hatch/cupola. They apparently just slapped a copy of the gunner's hatch/cupola onto the side of the turret. Ok, the model clearly ain't finished yet, but wtf o_o

On 5/27/2018 at 8:35 AM, Rexxie said:

The turret is clearly inspired by the design-lineage that leads to the Conqueror and Chieftain-turrets.

I've woke up with a woman who looked like this. Made good pancakes though.

On 5/27/2018 at 6:35 AM, Strigonx said:

@leggasiini would love it simply because of how it looks

On 5/27/2018 at 10:07 AM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

@leggasiini

your wife is here

No, O-Ho will forever stay as my wife :v

But it looks so ugly that it’s really cute. I want it. I need it. 

With derp gun tho its a strong contender for the worst tank in the game as well :P

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

No, O-Ho will forever stay as my wife :v

But it looks so ugly that it’s really cute. I want it. I need it. 

With derp gun tho its a strong contender for the worst tank in the game as well :P

In b4 they buff the derp so hard that it can permatrack and damage tanks.

6 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I might be mistaken but doesn't the turret have a porthole behind a metal guard. 

Not just a porthole. That is the driver's hatch. I am not entirely certain why they choose to use that kind of cupola, but the vehicle is clearly still a work in progress.

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

And thus a perfect fit for you :P

I looked at the front of the tank.

IT HAS AN EYE WITH EYELASHES!

JUST ONE EYE!

CANNOT UNSEE.

also 242m/s shell velocity!

i gotta admit this thing goes a full 360 on ugly and comes out as cutesy at me :D

aalso im sure everyone needs more shitbarn experience now that its gone from our games:(

It looks like a retarded hunchback 907 :eww:

On 5/27/2018 at 6:05 AM, Madner Kami said:

The vehicle has a 4-man turret and it's a FV300-chassis, so you should expect 4 men. Driver (front left), Gunner (front right), Loader (rear left) and Commander (rear right).

What really throws me off is, the design of the driver's hatch/cupola. They apparently just slapped a copy of the gunner's hatch/cupola onto the side of the turret. Ok, the model clearly ain't finished yet, but wtf o_o

The turret is clearly inspired by the design-lineage that leads to the Conqueror and Chieftain-turrets.

Actually it's a 3 man crew. And the weird driver hatch, there is a reason for that: the gunner was also the driver (the tank was not designed to fire on the move). The radio operator was the loader as well, and then there was a commander. It's also not a FV300 derivative.

So why the design is the way it is (designed in 1960's),  is because it was to be both an air transportable design (fitting in the Beverly) and amphibious (no preparation). Oh, and the fact that it was designed to carry up to 8 swingfire missiles. It's actually a fairly reasonable design with the first two things in mind

And I'll leave this here for anyone wondering more about it.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldwar-uk-excalibur-light-airborne-tank-destroyer/