kariverson

Supertest: CHIMERA (Tier VIII British Medium! with 490 alpha!)!

55 posts in this topic

blob.jpg?alias=standard_600x400

Why do all british tanks except for the Centurions and Conquerers have to be butt ugly...

Basically a Skorpion that gets armor to shit on low tiers but has to spam gold when bottom tier.

If you want to make a stupid tank give it a 150-200 pen HESH round as the only type of ammunition available, atleast this would be hilarious...

28 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

The closer I could find with that dispersion is Comet, which has 2.21 aim time

Still better than a conway. Better than cent 7.1 because while the cent is better on the move it also has horrible 0.17 turret bloom

And lets not ignore that camo value compared to skorpion.. If apcr shell velocity is decent, this will be the next wtf op thing in the game. I guess they finally realised that we were having too much fun in frontline.

I believe at WG devs have been sniffing so much stuff that their brains are now completely burned. Either that or they just want see how much shit we can put up with. Regardless whatever they do it kills the game. Funny thing is that if they had left the game as it was in patch 9.17/9.18 it would still be playable for some more years

They have the reverse King Midas' touch: whatever they touch turns into shit.

3 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Why do all british tanks except for the Centurions and Conquerers have to be butt ugly...

I think this is pretty damn good looking! 

3 hours ago, kariverson said:

I think this is pretty damn good looking! 

Ignoring my fetish for ugly looking tanks which turns them beautiful for me, I think this thing is fairly ugly. Its like a Centurion but mated with a turret that is an uglyass fusion between turrets from the Conway and Black Prince, and then finally a naval gun or something being strapped onto it.

Same alpha with a faster reload than the E-75.  Without food, just vents rammer BIA the reload will be 12.1 ish.  With food and APCR you will be driving around at 50 kph with 252 pen, -10 deg of GD, and ~2500 dpm . . . at tier 8. 

But hey - the brits still don't get a LT line amIright?!?!

7 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Same alpha with a faster reload than the E-75.  Without food, just vents rammer BIA the reload will be 12.1 ish.  With food and APCR you will be driving around at 50 kph with 252 pen, -10 deg of GD, and ~2500 dpm . . . at tier 8. 

But hey - the brits still don't get a LT line amIright?!?!

If this was 12 months ago, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Buut my spending in WoT for the foreseeable future is less than how many battles i will play. 

10 hours ago, leggasiini said:

and then finally a naval gun or something being strapped onto it.

I think they have entirely made the gun up, it says it's a 'QF 5 inch gun', I can't find anything in use around WW2 or after that fits that description. 

Royal navy vessels of the time had QF 4.7 inch or 4.5 inch guns, there was an 5.5 inch artillery gun (never converted into a tank gun and had no AP round) this I think is what they are saying is on the Conway.

All the tank guns go up to 120mm, aside the 183 obviously. 

It's made up like the Badgers 123mm gun and the Conways 5.5 inch gun. 

This is 127mm so plenty of overmatch ability. 

33 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

I think they have entirely made the gun up, it says it's a 'QF 5 inch gun', I can't find anything in use around WW2 or after that fits that description. 

Royal navy vessels of the time had QF 4.7 inch or 4.5 inch guns, there was an 5.5 inch artillery gun (never converted into a tank gun and had no AP round) this I think is what they are saying is on the Conway.

All the tank guns go up to 120mm, aside the 183 obviously. 

It's made up like the Badgers 123mm gun and the Conways 5.5 inch gun. 

This is 127mm so plenty of overmatch ability. 

Conway’s 5.5 inch is technically real, IIRC its literally the gun from the Crusader SP with obviously unhistorical AP and HESH shells.

19 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Conway’s 5.5 inch is technically real, IIRC its literally the gun from the Crusader SP with obviously unhistorical AP and HESH shells.

Was never adapted as tank gun though, nor did it fire anything but HE really, so effectively it's made up. 

Okay, wow looks OP as heck in its current form. Also very strange that it is a medium given it looks like it's supposed to be a premium TD for the Shitbarn line.

It's definitely too good in its current form. Agree with some comments here that giving it 200-220~ish pen HESH and a low-pen AP round would however make it interesting.

Will probably sell like hotcakes.

1 hour ago, Balthazars said:

Will probably sell like hotcakes.

Released with those stats you'd have to be an idiot not to buy it, it's a faster M4 Rev, with 490 alpha and probably similar levels of armour to a T-54 proto. 

I couldn't see much reason to play any other premium tank. 

Low ish pen and shell velocity are about it's only two weaknesses and it's not as idiot proof as a Defender. 

5 hours ago, hall0 said:

Don't worry. Many of us already said that. But we all came back like the Crack addicted we are. 

Fortunately I have many things IRL i should be focusing on as well as a library of games I'm getting back into. 

I will return, at some point... 

Had a little thought on how to possibly balance this thing. 

My idea was to put it somewhere between a Rev and Skorpion G, so -

• Nerf the armour so it's basically paper, maybe frontally HE proof so like 100mm on the turret, 70mm on the front hull, 50mm on the sides (basically Cent 1 hull)
  • Nerf the DPM down to around 1700, reload would be like 17s base, this would leave it pretty exposed if it was on it's own.
  • Nerf accuracy down to 0.4, so this coupled with the aim time, shell velocity and pen would make it a lousy sniper. 

You'd then have this no armour, fairly mobile medium to close range support tank that could dump 490 alpha against softer targets and sides, but it would be crap at longer ranges and would be vulnerable without support due to the low DPM. 

On 5/30/2018 at 8:59 PM, tajj7 said:

Released with those stats you'd have to be an idiot not to buy it, it's a faster M4 Rev, with 490 alpha and probably similar levels of armour to a T-54 proto. 

I couldn't see much reason to play any other premium tank. 

Low ish pen and shell velocity are about it's only two weaknesses and it's not as idiot proof as a Defender. 

If its really going to be reward tank I'd okay with it. I have a weird feeling of there is a hole in the gun mantlet because that's how Centurion's turret being destroyed back then.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/06/01/chimera-nerf/

Essentially, the first Chimera Supertest was a daring experiment: we wanted to see how a tough and mobile medium tank with a big alpha would fare. The answer is “too well”. 490 points of damage with a basic round, together with a comfy gun, great protection and speed make a Tier VIII medium quite imba. The first iteration of the Chimera was able to quickly aim at the enemies’ weak points and strike, avoiding return fire. It could score several painful hits in a row, while barely getting scratched. The results showed abnormally high survivability and damage per battle.

No shit sherlock. What did they expect would happen?

Where was that bright spark when the 268.4 was released?

They nerfed it into the ground, only stat they didn't touch was armor and view range.... 440alpha with longer reload, worse gun handling than a Defender, heavy tank agility and sluggish medium mobility. With that gun handling it's just not worth it anymore, M4Rev has half the bloom for just 50 less alpha.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/06/01/world-of-tanks-supertest-chimera-changes/

4 hours ago, breeeze said:

They nerfed it into the ground, only stat they didn't touch was armor and view range.... 440alpha with longer reload, worse gun handling than a Defender, heavy tank agility and sluggish medium mobility. With that gun handling it's just not worth it anymore, M4Rev has half the bloom for just 50 less alpha.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/06/01/world-of-tanks-supertest-chimera-changes/

What is balance?

-WG