kariverson

Supertest: CHIMERA (Tier VIII British Medium! with 490 alpha!)!

55 posts in this topic

Gets the highest alpha of any medium tank in game including tier 10s... And it somehow gets good accuracy and aim time as well??

It also has good armor and is faster than most tier 8 mediums.

What is powercreep?!

Ps. Just noticed it gets -10 gun depression as well lmao

10 minutes ago, Katoleras said:

Gets the highest alpha of any medium tank in game including tier 10s... And it somehow gets good accuracy and aim time as well??

It is also has good armor and is faster than most tier 8 mediums.

What is powercreep?!

Ps. Just noticed it gets -10 gun depression as well lmao

Hence, :sceptical: Expecting the worst soft stats in terms of both gun-handling and mobility imaginable.

If I saw those stats 2-3 years ago I'd be pretty confident that they'll either neft it or it's balanced by soft stats. Now.... I'm not sure.

M4A1 sacrifices mobility and armor to get a high alpha gun (for a medium) with decent pen and very nice handling. 

This looks like Cent 1 with more hull armor and doubled alpha dmg, and not much else changed. 

Unless the shells travel at 300m/s there is no way this could be balanced. 

2 hours ago, Marty said:

If I saw those stats 2-3 years ago I'd be pretty confident that they'll either neft it or it's balanced by soft stats.

If I saw this 2-3 years ago I'd guess it's a tier 10 tank and HP stat was placeholder... Now? We'll see tier 6 tanks with these stats soon lol

14 second reload is very steep for a medium though. 0,35 accuracy is a bit too good so it can just trade pokes on reloads, but this thing is a trading tank and while it should work like one the accuracy needs a hit to the point where it shouldn't even be able to hit shots from afar. It's taking both perks out of TDs and mediums with little to no downside right now, kill the ability to roleswap

8 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Hence, :sceptical: Expecting the worst soft stats in terms of both gun-handling and mobility imaginable.

That didn't hurt the Charioteer, and this one will have a bit more HP to work with.

But at least now the Brits will have something to match those pesky Skorpions!

Why the fuck did anyone expect things to change after the demotion of Murazor?

The problem has always been the entirety of the balance department. 

The project was a heavy tank, make it a 35kph heavy tank with those stats and it would probably be fine.

Or make it completely paper and it would probably be ok. 

"Of course, there has to be a balance: a striking feature (such as great alpha damage) must be compensated for by another not so remarkable. In the case of the Chimera is its penetration: with 202 mm with standard ammunition it is far from being the best of its class / level, so you should look for ideal firing positions and target the weakest points of the enemy."

Don't worry WG gave it 202 standard pen to balance it. 

This is the first tank that came out where i'm like : "No.. No..  it's a mistake some stats are just false.. It can't be"

14 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Unless the shells travel at 300m/s there is no way this could be balanced. 

That would actually be interesting. Or slower. So slow you could dogde it. We need more dodging in WoT, It's clearly a market WG is missing out on.

3 hours ago, DHP said:

This is the first tank that came out where i'm like : "No.. No..  it's a mistake some stats are just false.. It can't be"

It's literally a Skorpion that trades like 200dpm and some pen for a strong turret, gun depresion, being he proof. How is this a good idea.

13 minutes ago, Ezz said:

That would actually be interesting. Or slower. So slow you could dogde it. We need more dodging in WoT, It's clearly a market WG is missing out on.

You know they are probably seriously considering ideas like that

Balancing by standard pen, well, unless it has HESH as prem this is stupid. People just dab the 2 key and then get a brutal tank with few downsides.

And still there will be people with sub 40% winrate in it - so all is balanced.

What would be interesting on this tank would be 210mm pen HESH as standard ammo with no premium round. 

Whatever they do to this though, it clearly needs nerfing, from the description they want the stand out alpha so we are going to get a 490 alpha medium in some form I reckon. 

33 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

And still there will be people with sub 40% winrate in it - so all is balanced.

A player in a TVP VTU could definitely beat it.

This tank, with this stats at T8 is bullshit. Was there another free Wodka Weekend in WG Land? 490 alpha, able to mount vstab, turret, 10° gun dep, not rly a paper turret, decent reload, good topspeed, good power to weight, and the list goes on. WTF

Does anyone have some historical information about this tank? Googled a bit and found nothing. All I could found was a some weird Jadg Chieftain TD. No information whatsoever on tank mounting a 5 inch gun to counter russian IS3s

More info tho

The postwar design of a heavy British tank, capable of competing equally with the Soviet IS-3 tank. Despite the originality of the solutions and the use of experience from the German tank construction school, the project did not arouse interest and work on it was discontinued.

Tier: MT-8, Great Britain, premium
HP: 1 400
Engine: 1 040 hp
Mass: 56,436 t
Maximum load: 60 t
Power-to-weight: 18,43 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 50 / -20 km / h
Hull turning speed: 36 °/s
Turret turning speed: 33,4 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,959 / 1,055 / 1,822
View range: 380 m
Radio range: 782,1 m

Hull armor: 114,3 / 76,2 / 50 mm
Turret armor: 203,2 / 76,2 / 76,2 mm

Gun: QF 5-in. Gun

Alpha Damage: 490 / 490 / 630
Penetration: 202 / 252 / 64 mm
Rate of fire: 4,469 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 2 190
Reload time: 13,425 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,336
Aiming time: 2,4 s
Depression/elevation: -10 / +20

Crew – 4 members: Commander, Gunner, Driver, Loader

Ammo:

Chimera-gun.jpg

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/05/28/supertest-chimera/#more-64414

That low pen hesh shell will be seriously memes when you hit other soft tanks.