Sign in to follow this  
Haswell

Intel 10nm Fail (more PR blunders)

2 posts in this topic

https://www.semiaccurate.com/2018/05/29/is-intels-upcoming-10nm-launch-real-or-a-pr-stunt/

What SemiAccurate has learned about Intel’s upcoming 10nm ‘release’ paints a contradictory picture for the company. It is the polar opposite of a real launch of a manufacturable product, a PR stunt to keep the stock price from crashing.

Because Spectre isn't bad enough PR. Wonder how AMD will respond to this...

AMD already has taken back a lot of lost percentages on CPU market with their Ryzen 1/2 series and despite being someone who prefered Intel i couldn't be more happy for AMD(really wish they'd come up with some competitive stuff in GPU market to compete with nVidia). Intel is seriously starting to piss me off. Until Ryzen showed up with a loud bang Intel literally recycled their CPUs from generation to the next one with miserable improvements and all of a sudden when Ryzen came they quickly launched Coffee Lake, after a long time series that upped cores on all their main CPUs with i3 becoming old i5, i5 gaining two additional cores and i7 switching from 4c/8t after a long time to 6c/12t and easily clockable CPUs up to 5+ GHz. Something they claimed was almost impossible. It was really obvious that they can launch monster CPUs pretty much whenever they wanted, but  chose not to because of lack of a competition. Won't even go into Spectre and Meltdown shit. Fuck Intel.