Sign in to follow this  
Ruuhkis

Panther G (Tamiya 1/35)

4 posts in this topic

Time for some more v.i.p pictures! After seeing Kunjuros nice looking Tiger I in winter camo I wanted to try that technique myself. So, here's what I have now, a mighty Panther G! Next step will be re-gluing all those tiny photoetch that I rubbed off and then start some detailpainting, inside of hatches and exhaustsystem. In the end this model will be in diorama so suspension and tracks are done after the model sits in a base. Any comments, advices and critisims is welcomed.

EIrEzBvh.jpg

JU9oSYLh.jpg

HWPgRg9h.jpg

FIOeXtxh.jpg

2 hours ago, WaterWar said:

Very impressive! Mind sharing how you got this nice snow camouflage effect on it?

Sure! First I did paint whole tank in 3 color late war "Ambush" scheme with Tamiya acrylics, then I covered it with hairspray. After hairspray dried a bit I covered the tank with Tamiya flat white/buff mix with random pattern, letting original colors show throught this layer. Once this was dried I soaked an old brush with water and started "rubbing" white layer off. Hairspray protected the base and allowed white not to stick too hard onto the model so it could be removed with wet brush. I repeated this painting step twice to get the effect I wanted.