ZXrage

The End: Object 279

31 posts in this topic

I swear to God, if this thing is introduced into the game not in a special gamemode, WoT is fucking dead to me.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/06/03/supertest-object-279/#more-64458

Object 279 (HT-10, USSR). Closed test characteristics:

Tier: HT-10, USSR
HP: 2 150
Engine: 1 000 hp
Mass: 59,468 t
Maximum load: 65 t
Power to weight: 16,82 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 55 / -20 km / h
Hull turning speed: 40 °/s
Turret turning speed: 26,1 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,575 / 0,671 / 1,534
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 730 m

Hull armor: 310 / 214 / 100 mm
Turret armor: 305 / 217 / 90 mm

Gun: 130 mm M-65

Alpha Damage: 490 / 490 / 640
Penetration: 313 / 390 / 65 mm
Rate of fire: 6,257 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 3 066
Reload time: 9,589 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,336
Aiming time: 1,44 s
Depression/Elevation: -5 / +17

Oh ffs. Allegedly this tank won't be released, but one really has to wonder why they decide to supertest it right now, along with the 726. Totally doesn't smell like a mini T9/T10 branch... o_o

8 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Oh ffs. Allegedly this tank won't be released, but one really has to wonder why they decide to supertest it right now, along with the 726. Totally doesn't smell like a mini T9/T10 branch... o_o

lmao yeah, the 726 is totally tier 9 stuff /s

It won't be introduced so don't panic. I'm sure that WG knows how to balance wot. Now bring another crate of vodka, comrades. 

3 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

It won't be introduced so don't panic.

Just like they said tier X : mediums/TD's/lights

I have 2 questions:

-Why are they even testing it if they don't want to put it into the game? you could say they just want to know how it'd play and if it might work, and that there's a lot of internal testing we never see going on, and those are valid points, but then there's the second question

-Do they actually expect it to be even remotely balanced with stats like that, not even considering the profile of the armor? Unless they're placeholder which is possible I guess, Rita has full stats from Tank Inspector and shell velocity is weird, and camo is strangely flat (10% stationary/5% moving).

Remember, WG said back when the Chinese Tree was in test that the 5A was too OP and won't be introduced into the game.

And that the Mauschen was a broken tank and won't be introduced into the game.  

11 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Remember, WG said back when the Chinese Tree was in test that the 5A was too OP and won't be introduced into the game.

And that the Mauschen was a broken tank and won't be introduced into the game.  

And when the 279 was deemed too OP and somehow a tank that is almost identical appears but isn't deemed too OP?

2 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

And when the 279 was deemed too OP and somehow a tank that is almost identical appears but isn't deemed too OP?

Basically, when something is considered too OP, expect it in the game within 2 years. 

37 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Wasn't it considered too similar to the 1-4? Old WG philosophy was creating diverse lines, often crowned with T10s very different from the preceding tanks.

57 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Wasn't it considered too similar to the 1-4? Old WG philosophy was creating diverse lines, often crowned with T10s very different from the preceding tanks.

Like the E-50 and E-50M?

47 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Like the E-50 and E-50M?

Like the 183, the 50B, the IS-7, the IS-4, the 215b, the 4202, Foch 155, etc.

Where they had dissimilar candidates for Tier 9-10 tanks, it used to be the case that they would go with them. Things like the E50M and the Leo Pta, 50 120, and maybe the WZ-120 were there because otherwise there would be no tank to fill the gap in the tiers.

6 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Like the 183, the 50B, the IS-7, the IS-4, the 215b, the 4202, Foch 155, etc.

Where they had dissimilar candidates for Tier 9-10 tanks, it used to be the case that they would go with them. Things like the E50M and the Leo Pta, 50 120, and maybe the WZ-120 were there because otherwise there would be no tank to fill the gap in the tiers.

50B/50-120, ST-I/IS-4, IS-8/IS-7, 4202/Cent 7/1

None of those were that dissimilar from the previous. 

I'm so proud of myself that I stopped playing this game.

1 hour ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

50B/50-120, ST-I/IS-4, IS-8/IS-7, 4202/Cent 7/1

None of those were that dissimilar from the previous. 

Maybe it’s just me, 50-120 was so slow to put onto its role, IS-8 has so few armour to the front made it so different from IS-3 and IS-7. Old 4202 turret was arguably worse than the 7/1.

In terms of expected role they are similar, assassin, heavy brawl, hull down abuser. If they are serious about the idea of making the top tiers similar to its line , 279 needs it own line for that kind of armour model.

Speaking of “OP” tanks to be introduced in 2 years, Chieftain?

48 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Maybe it’s just me, 50-120 was so slow to put onto its role, IS-8 has so few armour to the front made it so different from IS-3 and IS-7. Old 4202 turret was arguably worse than the 7/1.

The Cent's turret was always overrated. It was situationally strong, but unreliable. The same was true for the 4202's turret, except that it was larger and thus easier to hit, but otherwise it was tough to crack in the same situations that the Cent's turret was tough to crack.

In terms of expected role they are similar, assassin, heavy brawl, hull down abuser. If they are serious about the idea of making the top tiers similar to its line , 279 needs it own line for that kind of armour model.

You mean, like introducing a tank before it, that has a similar profile but, for example, a weaker gun? Boy, I sure am glad that there's no Object 726 creeping up anywhere. Oh, wait...*

Speaking of “OP” tanks to be introduced in 2 years, Chieftain?

Too strong and NATO. I still remain unconvinced that it could be too strong, given that I own a Chieftain/T95 and thus know just all too well how utterly garbage the hull is. I think their main concern thus is the gun performance. 300+mm penetration on the standard round is kinda silly in regards to the game's balance. That is, unless it's done by a russian gun, due to what I can only descibe as an inferiority complex.

5 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

This is wrong as already said. WG didn't want to have from T8 three times the same tank. At T8 the WZ111 (prem), at T9 the WZ111 4-1 and at T10 the 5A. Gameplay wise similarities are OK but if you choose basically the same ingame model of a tank at two tier levels it was too much for WG. Especially when the community was already crying that the chinese tank line was nothing but copy cat tanks. 

And yes you can say this about the E-50 and the E-50M as well. But here WG simply just ran out of options.

----

Anyway. If this new Objects find the way into the normal game you can say good bye to this game. There is no way you can balance this shit tanks.

But they look cool tho.