Sign in to follow this  
Ham_

Opening World of Tanks after, what, 3 years? What do I see?

9 posts in this topic

Its funny, seeing the game that I used to play with fps enhancing mods now in a actually somewhat pleasing way. Props to SerB, thank God there has been noticeable improvements, but on the flip side its all essentially the same, just new tanks, mods have been absorbed in to the game, all that. Servers seem a lot less populated, but it was inevitable.

If I could see how many hours of teenage years I put in this game, its several 1000. I was a chronic shitposter here but in all fairness to you guys, most of you gone, it did help me mature. I recently finished school and still cringe at my old posts, one of the wonders of growing up with internet. Coming back I miss that nostalgic music and graphics, but change is for the better. Yes, I have had good times here but it's hard to commit yourself to the long grinds of WarGaming once more. I think that's what will eventually got to most of us who left.

Truly a one of a kind game. For all its faults I loved it, the drama each update, pressing r when you were fed up with playing but wanted to grind, test servers. Yet, I wish that someday, a new tank game will rekindle my passion for these rumbling iron beasts.

15 hours ago, Ham_ said:

I wish that someday, a new tank game will rekindle my passion for these rumbling iron beasts.

Theres at least been some unique inclusions with the STRVs and the new Auto-Reloading Italian tanks. The STRVs with seige mode and high camo, and the auto-reloading mechanic makes for an exceptionally high ceiling low floor tank

36 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Theres at least been some unique inclusions with the STRVs and the new Auto-Reloading Italian tanks. The STRVs with seige mode and high camo, and the auto-reloading mechanic makes for an exceptionally high ceiling low floor tank

Literally. Ha.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:28 PM, TheMarine0341 said:

STRV's have actually interested me, going to play around that line while I have some time.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:54 PM, Ham_ said:

STRV's have actually interested me, going to play around that line while I have some time.

The whole of the summer holidays before going to university?

18 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

The whole of the summer holidays before going to university?

Will be going inter railing around Europe soon, so more like a handful of weeks, don't worry not wasting away my youth here :P

19 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

Will be going inter railing around Europe soon, so more like a handful of weeks, don't worry not wasting away my youth here :P

I went inter railing as well, had an absolutely wild time. We went up to Denmark, into Germany and then almost on a whim decided we needed sun and sea and went to southern Italy unplanned.

15 minutes ago, arthurwellsley said:

I went inter railing as well, had an absolutely wild time. We went up to Denmark, into Germany and then almost on a whim decided we needed sun and sea and went to southern Italy unplanned.

Planning on Amsterdam, Germany, Italy then maybe Greece if we're not broke

Sign in to follow this