Sign in to follow this  
NightmareMk9

WG has gone soccer code crazy

28 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Kolni said:

If anyone wants to make some money I've guessed the winner in every game so far and scores right in all but Russia-Saudi and Portugal-Spain :doge: 

I'm on my phone so cba to look over the games but a few things: 

Croatia is the best team in their group, Argentina looks better forward but Croatia has 5 CL finalists on their starting roster that people don't respect at all. Argentina lacks in defense and plays super heavily on possession on the opposing side of the field. Argentina is weak against teams that can keep their defense closed and not let people in between them, Iceland even got to pressure Argentina LUL

Germany is the best team in their group but their squad is getting older, so younger teams can play a higher tempo and eventually wither them down. Mexico and Sweden have free wins there if they strangle germany's ability to systematically move the ball up. 

Mexico has a history of losing against Germany (never won in WC) but haven't lost their opening game in 24 years. Worth considering.

Colombia has two free wins basically. England has a free group considering their squad is plug n play from the Spurs and should have a more sophisticated playstyle than before. 

Uruguay has the best offense in the entire WC hands down but Egypt has Salah so you never know, he started benched tho so who knows. Russia won't make it out of groups even with home-turf. 

You should consider the dynamic of the rosters who face each other rather than who the better team is. My Iceland-Argentina bet gave me a nice payday just saying :doge:  

Edit: I know Ger-Mex has finished already but I havent watched it yet, no spoliers pls

Argentina has never been a good team always overrated (Maradona aside). If I were a betting man i'd bet on Belgium to win the WC followed by France and maybe England. 

Croatia has very good players but lacks in spirit. Luckly soccer/football or sports in general are never only about strength 

11 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Argentina has never been a good team always overrated (Maradona aside). If I were a betting man i'd bet on Belgium to win the WC followed by France and maybe England. 

Croatia has very good players but lacks in spirit. Luckly soccer/football or sports in general are never only about strength 

Belgium has had the best squad for years now and they can't get their shit together even for a single game. That Panama game (3-0 aside) didn't look like a strong Belgium. 

Argentinas offense is good, no way around it and they played fluidly. It's their defense that's shit and can be played around. Messi, Aguero (supersub with Higuain is huge) and Di Maria is about as dangerous as an offense gets. Argentina is probably the most scary team to face around the 75-minute mark and onward just because of their ability to pace and counter well. Iceland answered with not letting them counter and just handing them the ball since Argentina likes spacing for tempochanges and relying on 2v2s where Argentina has at least 4 people that can close those situations 9/10. Problem is that they suck 8v10 in the box :doge: 

No way Spurs is winning WC, too unreliable just like their club play and since this team plays 40+ games a year on avg televised, studying them suddenly gets real easy when basically all strategy is coming from the Tottenham handbook. Armchair experts can develop strategies here, with millions to spend on enemy spying it's looking real easy to figure out gaps in their play, on the flipside England played decently against Tunisia. People fuck up sometimes but the grand scheme looked good considering this easily could have been 3-0. Tunisia played a better game than they should and England handles keeping a lead poorly watching this one compared to equal where they pressure much smarter. 

I'm hyped to see matchday 2. Should tell much more about the contender teams for the title but I honestly believe France, Argentina, Uruguay, and Germany are the real contenders for the championship from seeing matchday 1. Time will tell more obviously but just my thoughts considering that this is a more competitive WC than last time and having a real edge is priceless like these teams do. Germany has all the pressure against them in their next game and they generally don't have their backs against the wall basically ever so they could fumble against Sweden and you can end up with a Brazil - Germany 8th final etc and these things happen EVERYWHERE due to only one group not having a "clear number one" which will really water down the amount of "superteams" in the closing ends of playoffs.

That's how Iceland beats Uruguay in the WC final just saying :doge: 

11 hours ago, Kolni said:

Belgium has had the best squad for years now and they can't get their shit together even for a single game. That Panama game (3-0 aside) didn't look like a strong Belgium. 

Argentinas offense is good, no way around it and they played fluidly. It's their defense that's shit and can be played around. Messi, Aguero (supersub with Higuain is huge) and Di Maria is about as dangerous as an offense gets. Argentina is probably the most scary team to face around the 75-minute mark and onward just because of their ability to pace and counter well. Iceland answered with not letting them counter and just handing them the ball since Argentina likes spacing for tempochanges and relying on 2v2s where Argentina has at least 4 people that can close those situations 9/10. Problem is that they suck 8v10 in the box :doge: 

No way Spurs is winning WC, too unreliable just like their club play and since this team plays 40+ games a year on avg televised, studying them suddenly gets real easy when basically all strategy is coming from the Tottenham handbook. Armchair experts can develop strategies here, with millions to spend on enemy spying it's looking real easy to figure out gaps in their play, on the flipside England played decently against Tunisia. People fuck up sometimes but the grand scheme looked good considering this easily could have been 3-0. Tunisia played a better game than they should and England handles keeping a lead poorly watching this one compared to equal where they pressure much smarter. 

I'm hyped to see matchday 2. Should tell much more about the contender teams for the title but I honestly believe France, Argentina, Uruguay, and Germany are the real contenders for the championship from seeing matchday 1. Time will tell more obviously but just my thoughts considering that this is a more competitive WC than last time and having a real edge is priceless like these teams do. Germany has all the pressure against them in their next game and they generally don't have their backs against the wall basically ever so they could fumble against Sweden and you can end up with a Brazil - Germany 8th final etc and these things happen EVERYWHERE due to only one group not having a "clear number one" which will really water down the amount of "superteams" in the closing ends of playoffs.

That's how Iceland beats Uruguay in the WC final just saying :doge: 

If Iceland wins I'd be almost as happy as if Italy had won.

The problem with Argentina is that Messi is generally shit when he plays for it and this year he has not been that good even when playing for Barcelona. Higuain is overrated imo but I see why people like him. Though DiMaria and Aguero are monsters.

Belgium has Mertens that has been playing like a beast lately for Napoli plus they have Lukaku who is a literal beast, then Hazard, Courtois, Kompany ect. And they also have gained some good experience form the last WC and EU cup. That is what they were really missing.

I am curious to see how Egypt will do now that Salah is back as he will also give a good morale boost to the team. Plus he is a damn lighning bolt.

Uruguay is more scary than Argentina imo: between Suarez's bites and Cavani's bruising ability I'd not want to defend against them. Especially Cavani.