DirtyACE7

Graphics settings

10 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right subforum (apologies if I'm wrong) but I couldn't find one regarding technical questions about the game. Since the 1.0 release, is it still better to max out your 3D render resolution or keep it at dynamic adjustment? I have an old graphics card and am not sure which would better for me. It does say that selecting dynamic adjustment can improve performance but I don't know how much of that is true. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure how much people have tested all the settings,  but honestly you'll probably get a better feel for your rig by doing the testing yourself in a training room or something. After all things like how pretty you want the game, comfortable fps etc. can be subjective and down to personal preference. 

Dynamic just means it will adjust the visual render quality when necessary. If you want the most performance, run the lowest settings you are willing to go without sacrificing visual pleasures.

13 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Dynamic just means it will adjust the visual render quality when necessary. If you want the most performance, run the lowest settings you are willing to go without sacrificing visual pleasures.

I'm actually trying to run as little of the eye candy as possible without giving up the important stuff. Playing on standard graphics.

Also has anyone tested the different settings for sound? There's a setting for low quality sound. Is it worth using this or does it take away too many audio cues?

Given the audio cues don't work all of the time with full audio I doubt it will have that big of an impact. 

26 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I'm actually trying to run as little of the eye candy as possible without giving up the important stuff. Playing on standard graphics.

Dynamic only affects this:

0NOTJEh.jpg

I have mine off because I'd prefer to not randomly get pixelated screens when it adjusts settings.

A long time ago I had that "feature" activated by accident and I found it pretty irritating, when textures changed suddenly for no apparent reason despite a good framerate.

1.0 brought some interesting features like exponential loading times increase because of sounds alone.

WoT should be able to run on min settings without dynamic resolution on almost any Windows PC you can get your hands on. Only older Intel IGPUs should struggle with this game.