Vampiresbane

For 1.01, what's better for HT 15.3, S Conq or Maus?

27 posts in this topic

I was curious what the consensus was for the best tank for getting HT 15 done (12,000 combined damage taken, blocked, and done). 

I don't have the type 5.  So the question is Super Conqueror or Maus?

Super Conq would be the most consistent due to its gun and ability for its armor to defeat premium rounds most consistently. The Maus can probably spike its combined higher depending upon the MM, but you'll be consistently matched against Super Heavies, and the armor is not reliable once prem or standard pen exceeds about 320

Doesn't matter when everything spams HE.
Blocked comes down to sheer luck with getting idiot enemies to shoot you with AP/APCR/HEAT knowing full well it will bounce anyways.

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Super Conq would be the most consistent due to its gun and ability for its armor to defeat premium rounds most consistently. The Maus can probably spike its combined higher depending upon the MM, but you'll be consistently matched against Super Heavies, and the armor is not reliable once prem or standard pen exceeds about 320

Sorry but I disagree. The problem with Sconq is if you are in a strong position NO ONE will shoot at you. For HT15.3/4 you need a tank people believe they can pen. For the same reason is7 sucks for the mission. No one will shoot at you hull down. What is more with proper angling you need 340+ heat (with hidden lfp) to reliably pen a Maus. Otherwise you pen it 30% of the time. 

Maus is still the best tank for the mission for that sole reason. Because everyone penned a maus sometimes. All you need to do is get the right enemy lineup as in - no jap heavies and preferably only grille as enemy  t10 td's (since low prem pen). Then you go to a stupid position and farm blocked. Middle of lakeville is still the best for doing this reliably. 

im with hazzgar here.. tryed a lot of heavies but ultimately an angled maus on fiery salient and a balsy 1 line push did the job after a few tryes

9 hours ago, Vampiresbane said:

I was curious what the consensus was for the best tank for getting HT 15 done (12,000 combined damage taken, blocked, and done). 

I don't have the type 5.  So the question is Super Conqueror or Maus?

I did mine in a Defender

:superserb:

6 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I unironically did mine in the IS-M (in full tier 8 MM of course)

I mean technically it was HT-12.3 but it would've qualified for HT-15.3 too.

I think IS-M is loosing it's effectiveness in block missions as the time passess. Every heavily armored tank early after it is introduced is great for blocking since people dont know where to shoot. It's still good though. Those sides are mint.

2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Skip it by completing with odors the others for the other missions.

Pete can fix that little problem for you:

Sorry. Leaving now.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:14 AM, Vampiresbane said:

I should make sure I clarify.  15.3 with honors.  So that 25% of your own team's damage is rough for a Maus.

How is it rough? 4-6k dmg depending on the tier spread and team lineup. 

Also it will probably be super easy on the Polish tank if you get it after release :P  

On 6/24/2018 at 6:14 AM, Vampiresbane said:

I should make sure I clarify.  15.3 with honors.  So that 25% of your own team's damage is rough for a Maus.

I average just shy of 4k dpg and 4k blocked in my maus after 150ish games, this is after the progetto missions were i just yolod for blocking damage

IMO MAUS is still king for this mission

Maus hands down, as said above people won't shoot a hull down Super Conq most of the time.

You either want the Maus and just park in a stupid position in like a 3-5-7, and you'll do most of the mission with blocked and lost HP. Or you want something more mobile with a good gun to get a higher damage contribution with the blocked and lost HP. 

Super Conqueror is not mobile enough for that IMO, plus it's limited in it's ammo as well.

I did it way back in a 113, with like 8k damage done. I think things like the 5A or IS7 are probably better than the Super Conqueror.

6 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Maus hands down, as said above people won't shoot a hull down Super Conq most of the time.

You either want the Maus and just park in a stupid position in like a 3-5-7, and you'll do most of the mission with blocked and lost HP. Or you want something more mobile with a good gun to get a higher damage contribution with the blocked and lost HP. 

Super Conqueror is not mobile enough for that IMO, plus it's limited in it's ammo as well.

I did it way back in a 113, with like 8k damage done. I think things like the 5A or IS7 are probably better than the Super Conqueror.

IS7 struggles from low DPM, low prem pen so hard to farm jap heavies. 5A is good here though. 

IS4 is also a good choice since people don't know how to shoot them and can be easily baited by overangling sides

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

IS4 is also a good choice since people don't know how to shoot them and can be easily baited by overangling sides

The IS4 armour is so trollish, often I cant pen the side flat on.

To OP what tanks do you have?

19 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

The IS4 armour is so trollish, often I cant pen the side flat on.

To OP what tanks do you have?

VS t8's you can bait them to shoot all their rounds into you. I hate the tank for wining but for bouncing shell memes it's great

6 hours ago, hazzgar said:

VS t8's you can bait them to shoot all their rounds into you. I hate the tank for wining but for bouncing shell memes it's great

I can guarantee you even tier Xs find it hard to pen the side of it.

2 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

I can guarantee you even tier Xs find it hard to pen the side of it.

Depends on the angle. 

On 6/25/2018 at 2:51 PM, hazzgar said:

IS7 struggles from low DPM, low prem pen so hard to farm jap heavies. 5A is good here though. 

Yeh IS4 would probably work in the right situation, because again people will shoot at it. 

I almost did it a couple of times with the IS7, once on Prohk poking the middle and once on Lakeville rushing the middle road, just ran out of opponents to farm an get shot at.

You need some usable armour that people will shoot at and some mobility IMO, that'll give the best all round chance on most maps. 

Or you park a Maus at like 30 degrees in front of lots of guns. 

I actually did my in the 7201.  find a top tier game, stick your 250mm LFP somewhere that lower tier pubbies can pewpew it at an angle, and farmed blocked.