Sign in to follow this  
Madner Kami

Light tanks and (passive) scouting

3 posts in this topic

Until about a year ago, I loved playing light tanks and scouted a lot. I had a phase where I barely played the game in randoms for about a year and now am back doing randoms a lot, trying to do what I thought I was good at. The results were rather mixed and today something hit me like a brick, when playing the HD'd Fisherman's Bay specifically. Is it just me or did a lot of the bushes shift from forward positions where they can be used to scout early or from positions where you can use them to crouch towards the enemy, to rear positions where they are completely useless for scouts but tremendously useful for TDs? And it seems to be the same for a number of maps: Active scouting seems to be the only form of scouting still viable at all. What's your impression?

The big patch definitely dumbed down the game to the advantage of redlining shitters. The amount of bush camo on offer to them combined with more open spaces in front of them...

But passive spotting people who actually try to play the game still bears fruit. Central west to the centre of Fisherman’s Bay offers very good cover to a pimped out LT I feel. I’m still learning exactly where though.

Most frustrating to me is the redesign of central Paris. The one area where a LT could genuinely contribute early game on that map now requires a full yolo to spot anything. It’s an amazing feat to make what was the shittest map in the game markedly shitter.

14 hours ago, sohojacques said:

Most frustrating to me is the redesign of central Paris. The one area where a LT could genuinely contribute early game on that map now requires a full yolo to spot anything. It’s an amazing feat to make what was the shittest map in the game markedly shitter.

I think you can still get good early passive spots from the SW spawn using the bushes that look over the radiating roads.  From NE spawn, no way though.