GehakteMolen

I give up... (after 8 years)

57 posts in this topic

Hello all,

After 8 years of wot, i give up.

I started playing wot during the closed beta in augustus 2010 (so almost 8 years ago) and while i was often mad, the core of the game was so good, that all the small things WG did for the good or bad didnt change that much. The overall direction the game was goiing was also good so slowly the game grew more and more on me. This was the game i always wanted: tanks fighting tanks, without all the other lame ass crap** (except arty, arty was, is and will always be c****r)

All i wanted (and did) was bashing random bobs in randoms while platooning with stronk pleyers. Hence i have  been in 322 / 247/ FAME / 322 for 6 years, not for worthless cw trash, but for stronk plutons.

Over the years WG showed the amazing abibility to:

  • Make the worst maps in gaming history and despite rewoking some 4 times (cough *komarin* cough) still failing in making them playable
  • Too retarded to fix the elephant in the room that killed the game as a whole (arty)
  • Total lack of foresight when adding things you cant undo (tier 10 TDs and later on arty and light tanks)

Toss in the fact the only person in the whole company with both common sense and real power was siderailed (our lord and saviour :serb: ) And the game never mananged to live up to its full potential.

OP tanks were originaly always nerfhammered, to keep the average the average, and most ridiculous forum suggestion where ignored, and when they didnt ignore it, like gold ammo for credits, it lead to a shit show, which ofc took a year to fix (m4 sherman with 150 pen and 350 dmg anyone? etc etc etc.

However despite all of it, the game roughly stayed the same:

  • The real problems, gold ammo and arty got ignored
  • OP tanks dont get fixed fast
  • small all round improvements

Yet, the past 2 years, it started to change. the core strengths of the game got slowly ditched:

  • The menus / garage where updated, making it a cluster fuck of chaos, instead of a clear easy to read menu for missions (which the game always had!), the menu became worthless, i simply stopped following missions, too much work / clutter
  • Historical accuracy got ditched, leading to fantasy tanks and bs armour models
  • new OP tanks dont get nerfed, insead old models got buffed, leading to powercreep
  • Due to the above, all tanks slowly become the same, they all got dpm and gun depression buffs, all tanks started losing weakspots
  • The real changes, which would have totally revived the game, sandbox, never happened, while heavy tanks got better, they did it by buffing them, not by nerfing what makes them crap in the first place (gold ammo!! and arty)

Toss in the awefull map reworks, and a physics patch which makes driving TDs a pain and the game went for me downhill fast and as cherry on the top, still tons of arty to ruin your game. The game is now back to square 1: camp 2 win, and you try? you die!

It was fun the all the time i lasted, i think i never played a game longer as i played this one, but the game simply turned to shit because WG was unwilling to remove arty in 2012 and reduce dmg of gold ammo 20% in 2013. And now the player numbers slowly start to fall, ``forcing`` WG to milk the playerbase for as long as they can, ruining the game entirely (see all the new russian super tanks)

I always said the only company capable of killing wot is WG, and for me they succeeded, after playing daily/ weekly from august 2010 till jan 2018, having 6 years of non stop prem account and playing more as 50.0000 games during those years, WG managed to make me basically quit. (i do have enough credits to keep playing for ever, but i probably wont even bother)

Imo its a shame WG fucked the game up so hard, but so be it, i still got 6 months of prem left, so gonna play a bit.

ps: perhaps the gold ammo changes + inevitable rebalance that will follow 3 months later will magically improve everything, but i somehow doubt that, ever since Serb left, WG never had the balls to really change something, they always backpeddled like coward weaklings...

Wotlabs is also almost dead, so thats why i made a topic

GehakteMolen, the biggest arty hater to ever play

 

ps: something that always bothered me: unlike all the wannabe arty haters, my arty hate knows no limits** there are only 2 players who hate it as much as i do, everybody else i just pretending to hate arty.

I never defend(ed) arty from scouts rushing in nor protect them in anyway way or shape, and the only reason i dont mass tk them is due to the ban system, anyone who helps arty win a game is a traitor for the good cause: trying to ruin the game for arty. All arty deserves is curses and friendly fire, they are the scrouge of this game and the reason everything is the way it is (open maps not working , heavy tanks badly balanced, TDs they way they are and so on and on). I also never platooned with arty (for 2 players i made and exception) and never told them gg or anything other positive (i thinkg, perhaps i made a mistake) what i always did do was report them for unfair play, untill WG disabled that feature, due to unicums getting falsly reported aswell.

Edited by GehakteMolen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago WG had a decision to make, either fix the glaring issues with the game or just milk it for all its worth... they went with option 2, which might be good for the higher up/owner, but condemned the game to become what it is now.

I am waiting for WoT 2.0 and or a WG mech game (seriously, why is World of Mechs not a thing yet ??)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you hang around enough to see what kind of bullshit is Murazor planning "as he was demoted to work on a secret project". I just want to laugh to the new shit this idiot comes up with. I find incredible that WG still allows the developer who killed its only good product to work for them, even though I guess he probably brought some good income for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Literally why I hate tanks now

I played 3 all tier 10 matches last night. Each one ended with a tank, or tanks, having to suicide into a shitbarn to try and light the fucker. Each game the barn did 4-5+k damage. Each time it was driven by a 47-48% WR player. It’s the new TD meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

GehakteMolen, the biggest arty hater to ever play

Although you row back a bit in your next sentence, I think that title is already taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

I played 3 all tier 10 matches last night. Each one ended with a tank, or tanks, having to suicide into a shitbarn to try and light the fucker. Each game the barn did 4-5+k damage. Each time it was driven by a 47-48% WR player. It’s the new TD meta. 

Comes down to shit map design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck @GehakteMolen in whatever you decide to do after WoT. I totally agree with everything you said regarding the game, arty and WG. WG are a trashy, incompetent, greedy, cowardly developer and it's only getting worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Comes down to shit map design.

Great map design from the perspective of the camping shitter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Crossfader said:

why is World of Mechs not a thing yet ??

Because Mechwarrior Online exists, and is pretty shit. 

 

 

Jesus, I've played just over 100 battles since wotlabs broke, which is around 5 weeks now.

Trying to anti-pad my stats, which is kind of useless when your stats are stuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The op new tanks was the final straw for me. Like don't get me wrong the Super conq was pretty bs when it came out but was fun to play I guess. Final straw for me was when the 268v4 came and out turned into the yolo you tank of choice and WG started contemplating buffing the fucking thing. Throw in all the P2W prems like the Defender, Patriot, Skorp G, etc and it's been fairly unpleasant to say the least. The arty changes were meh, at least you don't get oneshot anymore. However they really should have kept it so that they can't platoon with anyone, fuck em; if you wanna be cancer... do it by yourself. Haven't played since January and still don't plan on touching the game again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 weeks of premium, 900 gold and 5 million credits left, and probably that's it for me. The reasons are the same as everyone else's, so instead of writing the same things down I will just leave this here:

Number of players per week

EU:

hS0FqQi.png

RU:

AlYBjJn.png

NA:

toMYI7f.png

TL;DR: Server pops are all time lows and even the Russians hate the recent changes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, TheChang said:

I know some people, after quitting WoT, moved to WarThunder. Are you planning to do the same?

Wont be playing WT, im not so keen on realism, wot (for me) always had the right balance between realism and gameplay

15 hours ago, monty50k said:

Although you row back a bit in your next sentence, I think that title is already taken.

Well, we once had a clan vote, and i won + im know for my limitless arty hate thus im the #1, except, me, as #1 think that Vodkjha hates arty even more (he tked hundreds of arty in all those years , put a stock radio on hes T-50-2 to make sure he wouldnt spot for arty, always went full retard in chat against arty, ignoring enemies who went to our base and even lost game he could win, just to spite arty)

(i have also driven back to base, to TK an arty and thus assure he wouldnt get a top gun)

The other would be Morgotz, he sometimes even tked arty in tank company, at the start of the game (cant find back screenshots right now) all in all, Morgotz hes arty hate was also legendary.

So its either me, Vodkjha or Morgotz, most other arty haters are wannabees, i will 100% trow away a game if i can deny arty a top gun / special medal, and will NEVER EVER not hug an arty in enemy base, forcing my arty to either not shoot, or shoot me (i mean, Garbad was hating on arty, but was also busy doign everything he can to win a game, even defend / help arty, if you help arty your by default not an arty hater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 3:01 AM, GehakteMolen said:

I never defend(ed) arty from scouts rushing in nor protect them in anyway way or shape, and the only reason i dont mass tk them is due to the ban system, anyone who helps arty win a game is a traitor for the good cause: trying to ruin the game for arty. All arty deserves is curses and friendly fire, they are the scrouge of this game and the reason everything is the way it is (open maps not working , heavy tanks badly balanced, TDs they way they are and so on and on). I also never platooned with arty (for 2 players i made and exception) and never told them gg or anything other positive (i thinkg, perhaps i made a mistake) what i always did do was report them for unfair play, untill WG disabled that feature, due to unicums getting falsly reported aswell.

Protip: before the stun changes, you could kill arty by detonating their shells with your gun barrel. That counts as lost in battle and you can really only get banned by manual moderation or something like that. You can also kill a maximum of two arty without falling afoul of the auto-ban system so long as you do so firing no more than 2 shots. 

I have over 900 artards in my blacklist and have TKed, via various means, over twice that number of arty.

On 7/6/2018 at 5:21 AM, Crossfader said:

I am waiting for WoT 2.0 and or a WG mech game (seriously, why is World of Mechs not a thing yet ??)

Try crossout. Grindy and P2W yes, but kind of fun which is what matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lavawing said:

Protip: before the stun changes, you could kill arty by detonating their shells with your gun barrel. That counts as lost in battle and you can really only get banned by manual moderation or something like that. You can also kill a maximum of two arty without falling afoul of the auto-ban system so long as you do so firing no more than 2 shots. 

I have over 900 artards in my blacklist and have TKed, via various means, over twice that number of arty.

Yeah, sticking your barrel in hes barrel means bb arty (and no punishment).

Still, we need more hero`s like the E100 in this team

shot_577.jpg

He didnt say anything, he just turned around and killed the CGC, when other arty complained he said something along the lines of: get cancer arty, and also killed the other (he also wasnt banned, hurr durr)

Due to arty, the maps are shit and shit maps + arty lead to TD hordes, this coupled with gold ammo makes heavys pointless unless they get buffed, making mediums crap (they now get shit on by arty, tds, bad maps and OP heavys) and its not heavys thats the problem, not is gold ammo helping meds, its arty fucking it, arty and nothing but arty.

Arty not only always fucked my games and ruined my glorious wins, arty ruined the entire game.

For every fucking dog that plays arty for fun, there is 1 player that left the game due to said arty, outright removing arty and giving only compensation in credits and free crews would have costed far less players as the constand arty shit does.

im 100% certain that arty is the most common reason people quit wot, its not OP / UP tanks, russian bias, bad balance, ``low tiers beiing to weak against high tiers``, or all the other tanks people complain about, if people could pick 1 single option it would be fucking arty, every single person i know irl that played wot and quit wot quit due to arty, every single person in the clan that quit, quit partly due to arty, sure they might also dislike other things, but arty is always one of the main reasons what makes wot so rage inducing once in a while.

to all arty players: FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lavawing said:

 

Try crossout.

Gaijin... yeah fuck no.

3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

im 100% certain that arty is the most common reason people quit wot

 

nah new 3-5-7 MM and the stupid powercreep/p2w premiums did it in for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

nah new 3-5-7 MM and the stupid powercreep/p2w premiums did it in for me

powercreep went over the roof when they decided the solution of the games problem is to buff the heavies, remove weak spots etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say arty was the #1 reason for most of WoT's existence, but yeah, the reason I quit (and I think most veterans have been quitting for the past couple years) is WG's "balance"/MM. This game has some of the worst powercreep I've ever seen in an MMO. Can totally understand gehak's raging anti-arty boner, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tried grinding a tier 8 on NA this last week, got 3 top tier battles to 36 tier 10. 

The tier 9 games were somewhere in the middle but still less than half that of the tier 10 ones . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even think 3/5/7 is the problem, it just pointed out the sheer absurdity of where the power gap between tiers has gone. Before you'd see 3 top tiers bearing down and realize you were screwed, but now when it only takes 1 you tend to start thinking more about how shitty the game itself is designed. At this point the game has crept back from +2/-2 to +2.5/-2.5, and 2 was already too much.

The next obvious step in bailing the sinking ship out is to go to a +1/-1 tier spread. It would solve the biggest power creep problems and make the sheltered MM issue much easier to deal with. Which of course means the game is done, because it's WG and it will take one-two more years before they start to even seriously consider it and another year to implement it. In the meantime their current plans are to finally nerf gold ammo too little too late and remove sheltered MM, which will pour gasoline jet fuel on the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Yeah, sticking your barrel in hes barrel means bb arty (and no punishment).

Still, we need more hero`s like the E100 in this team

shot_577.jpg

He didnt say anything, he just turned around and killed the CGC, when other arty complained he said something along the lines of: get cancer arty, and also killed the other (he also wasnt banned, hurr durr)

Due to arty, the maps are shit and shit maps + arty lead to TD hordes, this coupled with gold ammo makes heavys pointless unless they get buffed, making mediums crap (they now get shit on by arty, tds, bad maps and OP heavys) and its not heavys thats the problem, not is gold ammo helping meds, its arty fucking it, arty and nothing but arty.

Arty not only always fucked my games and ruined my glorious wins, arty ruined the entire game.

For every fucking dog that plays arty for fun, there is 1 player that left the game due to said arty, outright removing arty and giving only compensation in credits and free crews would have costed far less players as the constand arty shit does.

im 100% certain that arty is the most common reason people quit wot, its not OP / UP tanks, russian bias, bad balance, ``low tiers beiing to weak against high tiers``, or all the other tanks people complain about, if people could pick 1 single option it would be fucking arty, every single person i know irl that played wot and quit wot quit due to arty, every single person in the clan that quit, quit partly due to arty, sure they might also dislike other things, but arty is always one of the main reasons what makes wot so rage inducing once in a while.

to all arty players: FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

 

I agree that arty is bad but to say this is the only reason the game is failing is wrong. 

Personally 1.0 was terrible as maps are worse than ever (give me Pilsen back it was way better than Province and Mines) as now these maps award camping.

Boject, Type 5, 430U, SConq ect have destroyed the variety this game once had. 

Russian BIAS bothers me a lot, as RNG, gold spam ect

But maps is the biggest problem to me as the game is good if maps are good and they are clearly terrible atm, as they force you a certain playstyle. Also retarded players bother me even more than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The uniformly bad map redesigns and bush camo changes broke me. Having to proxy spot single bushed arty and giant TDs with my pimped out LT crews... get fucked. But after a 3 month break I’ve come back as a F2P player. Entertainment does need to be very good when it free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, j_galt said:

Or, Or, you could just stop whining, buy an ELC Even 90, say fuck WN8, and troll pubbies.   Just a thought...

go give WG money and be a dick... great recipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.