GehakteMolen

I give up... (after 8 years)

55 posts in this topic

You are correct of course.  Complaining about something you are powerless to influence is more satisfying.  Trying to roll with the current, admittedly severely dumbded down and broken, meta is the wrong choice.

2 hours ago, j_galt said:

Or, Or, you could just stop whining, buy an ELC Even 90, say fuck WN8, and troll pubbies.   Just a thought...

51 minutes ago, j_galt said:

You are correct of course.  Complaining about something you are powerless to influence is more satisfying.  Trying to roll with the current, admittedly severely dumbded down and broken, meta is the wrong choice.

1: whining implies im complaining about something thats not true / not a problem, only blind retards think arty was or is fine so im not whining, im mentioning a fact...

2: i was unicum before that term was even used, and what makes a unicum a unicum is beiing able to adjust and adapt to the new situations, the noobs will suffer, while the good players will kill said noobs regardless of the situation...

3: why should i even bother with elc? i dont wanna play elc, i want to play a tank, drive around and shoot people, like i could between 2010 and 2016/17, its not my problem WG fucks it up, i will just stop paying and do something else instead...

Infact, its WGs problem:

• Wot is for me like watching tv, a nice filler,
  • Wot is for WG their cash cow and their work and salery, people like me are the reason worthless developers like them even work in the first place...

Pissing / losing your best and most loyal customers always ends in disaster, not short term, but long term, same with sports, if you loose the die hards fans / supporters from the first hour, your sport / club / team will be doomed, it might take 2 or 10 years, perhaps you can even keep exsisting, but you will never be what your where...

and this is what WG has been doiing last 2 years, they made all the player who play for the sake of playing quit... death by a thousand paper cuts, and a big fat middle finger in your eye in the form of arty...

That's why I play AW in PvE mode. I don't give a damn about arty and balance but I still drive virtual tank. Bots playing according to the scheme are as good/bad as most wot players.

I get the arty hate as well for ruining games. However I feel the #1 enemy as of when I last played the game is the retarded balance department. Either that or they know they're releasing op shit because people will money sink for it. Maybe a little of both knowing WG. It's greedy and if they keep pushing for more paywall OP shit it will result in a good chunk of their players (the play 4 free ones) throwing in the towel. It's the reason I could never get into garbage like heroes & generals when everything good is a $$$ wall.

3-5-7 combined with shit balance, increasing power difference between the tiers is a problem, and if there is something that will make me leave the game, its that. Arty is cancer but its always been there and unless it becomes somehow worse (which wont happen cus arty was so much worse in 2013 and earlier) it wont be the main reason to kick me out of the game. I want to highlight a recent big issue - the maps. These days, the maps are overall FUCKING AWFUL.

This game always has bad maps, but 1.0 made it MUCH worse - Almost every map just got worse. There are actually just a few, literally a few maps that are kinda consistently enjoyable (and even then, you could get cucked if you play certain tanks - two some of the best maps in the game IMO - Redshire and Himmelsdorf, can both cuck you, Redshire north spawn is aids for non-fast heavies and Himmels is bad for paper TDs and LTs that lack good firepower, tho every map should not be completely equal for every tank class).

Here is a few of poor map designs:

- maps that are basically a corridor simulator (mountain pass, abbey)

- maps that are technically not too awful otherwise but becomes a shitfest the moment it has too many arties (prokho, sand river, steppes)

- maps that are clearly unbalanced (mines, live oaks)

- maps that are overly campy (malinovka standard, prok with a lot of arties, erlenberg (lol still a campfest, but hey, its different now so is fine!))

- maps that heavily favor one class and puts some of them at disadvantage (a lot of the maps, but Paris is a good example because anything that isnt a heavy sucks here)

The worst maps, that I would to call ”the craptastic four” are combination of those traits mentioned earlier. Its fucking insane how these maps even got into the game. I almost want to legit kms when I get one of these maps. Here we go:

- Fishermans Bay AKA Shittermans Gay: Such a joke, used to be alright but now its fucking terrible. City is even harder to reach and push without dying, 1-2 line is also harder to push without dying. Everyone just go middle and its literally abusing a hugeass lane of bushes. The moment someone spots you from an awkward angle, you’re screwed. It’s super campy, its super boring and unfun to play, and it becomes twice as bad with arties. Oh yes.

- Glacier AKA Gaycier: This map is hilarious. You got the north flank, that is fucking garbage - if someone goes to middle, you get spotted and there is legitimately no way to avoid it and get shot at if you play a heavy and try to go to north. Not just that, you cant push from north because of the campers. So north is trash, just trash. South takes forever to reach and push, middle is a clusterfuck with zero arty cover whatsoever, the aircraft carrier makes things even more retarded. It results in a super poorly made campfest map with limited possibilities to push and you get shit on by arty 24/7. Its fun only when ur playing a tank that is fast, has turret armor, has gun depression and when there isnt a single arty and next to no TDs. And like thats never gonna happen.

- Province: This map can go fuck itself and everyone who designed it can also go fuck themselves. Its absolutely horribly designed in every metric. Everything about it is bad - its campy AND corridory, its hard to push and do anything, capping is completely impossible, arties can shit on retarded spots where they shouldnt be able, both spawns have most retarded superbushes where you can hide anything reliably so pushing is impossible there, and its unbalanced. More often than not it lasts more than 13 minutes. Woohoo.

- Fjords. Its unbalanced as fuck, even after the changes. Its super poorly designed. Its unfun with pretty much anything. Its either a super awkward corridor where arta can shit on (only place where it can even do anything, and that is when it positions correctly), a risky area in the middle that works from the better spawn anyway and a crossfire camp hell at the north. It has every shittyness mashed into one deformed abomination puked by a crayon eating mongoloid into a napkin. The only good thing about it is that it looks really beautiful aestethically.

I personally get so triggered about the maps sometimes. If they keep introducing maps like the 4 I mentioned, I can see myself quitting the game sooner than I would expect. That and 3-5-7 is really fucking awful and at this point should be just reverted into old one with a few good thing taken like classes being matched against each other, arta platoons removed and limited to 3.

Man I love this game, it would have such a fucking huge potential but the devs are retarded ;__;

Edited by leggasiini
why did I write this fucking wall of a text anyway

5 hours ago, leggasiini said:

- Glacier AKA Gaycier: This map is hilarious. You got the north flank, that is fucking garbage - if someone goes to middle, you get spotted and there is legitimately no way to avoid it and get shot at if you play a heavy and try to go to north. Not just that, you cant push from north because of the campers. So north is trash, just trash. South takes forever to reach and push, middle is a clusterfuck with zero arty cover whatsoever, the aircraft carrier makes things even more retarded. It results in a super poorly made campfest map with limited possibilities to push and you get shit on by arty 24/7. Its fun only when ur playing a tank that is fast, has turret armor, has gun depression and when there isnt a single arty and next to no TDs. And like thats never gonna happen.

Glacier is a great example of a type of map WG seems to love to make.... the "bowl style" map. The middle is a giant no go zone other then a few hills/rocks and all the fighting is concentrated along the flanks usually in 2 corners. Basically 90% of the map is useless and fighting is reduced to a group of tanks headbutting each other in the corners, seriously think of how many maps simply break down to which side i need to go camp.

Also https://bt13.itch.io/wg-sim

thanks reddit

I agree, the maps are absolutely the worst part of the game right now.

The powercreep is bullshit, but it always has been. artillery is bullshit, but always has been and is less retarded than before.

But I was playing the game, and I realized that I fucking hated every map except for like 2. Every time I get a map I say to myself "oh god, not this fucking map again"- except I say this for almost every map. The maps punish you for playing.

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

It has every shittyness mashed into one deformed abomination puked by a crayon eating mongoloid into a napkin.

Great wording, thanks for the laugh! And all spot on imho.. if only WG would listen.

The map 'reworks' are cancer and have Ruined scouting imo. Playing about 10% per week of what I was. Even preferring to spend time with the wife and kids now, that shows how fucked the game is.

Good mech game would be awesome.

6 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

like this, I fucking loved playing this as a kid.

MechAssault1.jpg

Speaking of maps, I "love" it when I continually spawn on the same side for every map this game gives me.
To make matters worse, it's always the side that has much more trouble accomplishing anything.

i.e.
Mountain pass north spawn.
Fisherman's bay north spawn.
Mines south spawn.

3 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

The map 'reworks' are cancer and have Ruined scouting imo. Playing about 10% per week of what I was. Even preferring to spend time with the wife and kids now, that shows how fucked the game is.

Not only they ruined scouting, they also made the maps more campy with billions of doublebush opportunities, making scouts useless but maps are also just campy. Basically unfun for everything except maybe TDs and arties.

The problem is really no one is having fun.

Well. Not always but most of time. I think many people are with me on this, we don't mind lose, but we hate we did *nothing*. I lost count on how many games I felt helpless.

WG are clearly sadistic in nature. They define "fun" as players slaughter others without skill, when they insist 3 tiers spread is "fun". In return they must have their turn to be slaughtered.

I had quit for more than a year, came back last week to see what's on. I'm convinced the game will be dead in a year.

On 7/8/2018 at 7:23 AM, Tman450 said:

Every time I get a map I say to myself "oh god, not this fucking map again"- except I say this for almost every map.

:MingLee::MingLee::MingLee:This.

Naturally I can't add any more opinion to the conversation as every problem was mentioned above, but still:

At a normal level I enjoy playing the game, trying new tanks and learning how to play with them, the problem occurs when the game itself (more specifically the game design) starts to takes huge dumps at you, at tier 8 with the current mm (how glorious was 4-5 patches ago when I was top tier in my T26E5 10/9 times), at tier 10 with 3 arty in every game (and at tier X you will get full tier X, so 3 tier X arty with it) which is making impossible to play normally (in a slower heavy tank like an sconq which I like very much).

And also I have a new conspiracy theory: arties roll higher and higher as time passes: when splash-mechanic first introduced I got 3-400 from a hit, now I must take 5-650+ hits irrespectively from arty type.

Like the last battle, I lost 1,5k hp in my sconq to an m53/55 in prokhorovka middle. He just dumped 620/ per shot and thats it.

As an advice to myself and maybe newer players: play tier 9.

Probably the most "safe" level in tanks now.

I am always amazed about people that are able to go on for so long.

I quit for ships just before 3/5/7 hit and I said this would be very bad for WoT and it was. WG is totally unable to change the most important things about WoT: tier imbalance and gold ammo/arty.

And on top of this they can't design maps for shit.All this caused me to feel like I can only play a handful of tanks or else I feel very powerless. VK3601H vs IS-3? You must be kidding me.

And, as you said, new tanks got increasingly more powerful and also more alike and thus WoT got WoWified, where the besterest item you can have in the game is 100% worthless with the next content patch. Thx, but no.

Ships managed to avoid almost all of this though. You almost never feel helpless, even as a bottom tier. There is no arty and no prem spam, ships feel pretty unique and there are very few OP ships. Maps are mostly nce and the ones that aren't get fixed fast or removed.

And best of all: changes happen! When the captain skill system turned out to be boring they introduced a new one thats really good and quite generous (if you have a max skill captain all exp he gains is free captain exp). Imagine that! In WoT they still haven't managed the stupid crew skill system that makes zero sense.

So all in all ships feels like that they care about players while tanks feels like that they care about players moneys.

I think regardless of the details how the changes are actually happened, there is a clear underlying philosophical change at WG that happened 3-4 years ago. It really boils down to this I think:

Old days, I call it Serb-era: Equal opportunity can be summarized in two (actual) quotes from him:

- Skill MM: “There will be no skill MM. If you improve your skill, you will have the right to pwn”

- Q: “Will you introduce high penetrating premium tanks?” A: “How about a ‘pwn everyone’ button?”

Currently: Equal outcome

Oh, you are too dumb to understand the game mechanics? You can't use the keyboard and the mouse at the same time? You hate when you get penned?

Worry not we at WG got your back comrade. Hop-in in your bobject and you will find a hull down with bushes right at your base and to not get bored you are granted to have shots on 2/3 of the map.

We want every player to have fun!

48 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

I think regardless of the details how the changes are actually happened, there is a clear underlying philosophical change at WG that happened 3-4 years ago. It really boils down to this I think:

Old days, I call it Serb-era: Equal opportunity can be summarized in two (actual) quotes from him:

- Skill MM: “There will be no skill MM. If you improve your skill, you will have the right to pwn”

- Q: “Will you introduce high penetrating premium tanks?” A: “How about a ‘pwn everyone’ button?”

Currently: Equal outcome

Oh, you are too dumb to understand the game mechanics? You can't use the keyboard and the mouse at the same time? You hate when you get penned?

Worry not we at WG got your back comrade. Hop-in in your bobject and you will find a hull down with bushes right at your base and to not get bored you are granted to have shots on 2/3 of the map.

We want every player to have fun!

I never understood all the hate Serb got, Serb made only 1 single mistake: Arty.

And thats it, serb had a very good idea on whats good for the game and what not, and listening to the morons on official forum is NOT good!

Most of the time your customers are drooling morons, they wanted a fun game, serb gave it to them, so shut up and play. What they think is ``fun`` is only fun for 20% and shit for 80%, if every turd idea gets put into the game, it means you gain 1 good idea at the cost of 4 awefull ideas...

In retrospect, they day serb quit beiing in charge of wot, is the day wot started its long decline...

ps: Serb was not some random turd developer what some on NA always seemd to think, serb was lead game developer, aka he was the head of game development.

5 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

I never understood all the hate Serb got

his Q&A answers were almost always somewhat arrogant, so i think that whats really did him in.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:25 PM, GehakteMolen said:

I never understood all the hate Serb got, Serb made only 1 single mistake: Arty

He deserves to be hung and quartered for that alone..

I've played less than 300 games in 2018 - so about 20% the rate I played previous years. 

It started with the E5 over-nerf that eliminated the only CW viable US tank.

Then the Japanese heavy buff that really killed it - realizing that even a single AP round in my IS-7 was now a liability, bouncing an entire fully aimed clip from a Kran, realizing that my pershing could not even pen the ass of most japanese heavies - meanwhile they just shoot my tier X heavy in the gun mantlet for 500 damage.

The succession of one OP tier X after another, each outdoing the last until it culminated with the V4,

Finally the rise of the second TD meta.  Fuck all 183mm guns that can delete a tier X tank with one shot, who thinks than was a good idea?  All of these new bushes that simultaneously killed scouting and promoted this 750+ alpha TDs and the STRV plague.  Pushing is dead, aggression is dead, soon this game will be too.

Sadly its probably too late to RemoveArtyFromGame now, but I'll never quit hoping.  Well, I might quit hoping after I too quit playing

Even after all that's happened, I want to like tonks. It would really suck if all the time and energy I invested into it had to be simply thrown away. In the beginning, I had a number of criticisms but at that time I had faith that WG knew what they were doing and were going to fix it soon. Years passed, I have a new list of criticisms, but after having seen recent events not only have I lost my faith in WG's ability to solve problems, I lost my faith in their ability to even remotely understand their own game.

The 268v4 situation is a perfect example of this. Anyone would have said that the line just needed some more gun depression and wider gun sweeps to be more popular. WG decides to butcher the line instead and replace a perfectly balanced and interesting tier 10 with an unholy abomination. And we all told them that it was a bad idea when they were still testing it. Not a single voice told them that these changes were good. Not a single voice even said that this was okay, but that didn't stop them from just doing it anyway. And then suddenly its "Oh hey wait where did that 57% global WR come from?" And only just now months later did they even take the time to throw in a few token nerfs. By now they surely realized that the whole line change was a mental abortion but now they can't just undo the changes. Cue 'curb your enthusiasm' theme.

Welcome to the real WoTLabs @GehakteMolen. Everyone here has long since quit WoT :-) Nice to have you join us :-)

On 7/8/2018 at 7:20 PM, Copeyhagen said:

Even preferring to spend time with the wife and kids now, that shows how fucked the game is.

Lol

Their business model is purely:

Release an op tank, a lot of people spend real cash to free XP the tank, wait a few weeks and need the tank. 

Pure money grabbing methods.

The greatest mistery, to me, is how they managed to hire some of the most idiotic developers possible, who after 8 years of working on this game haven't figured out how to make a map. I dont want to brag but even I can understand a map is shit or not by just looking at the satellite picture. Yet they managed to gives us again Province and fuck Fisherman's Bay and Fyords.