Sign in to follow this  
Folterknecht

New Tank Game (Sim level with multi crew)

6 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

Looks great, but I thought IL-2 is a flight sim at heart?

It is, but as Magz explaines in (t)his vid, the game engine makes tanks possible and they are extending a developer mod to a 100km x 100km map (Kursk area).

I doubt it will have much in common with WT let alone WoT. There is no vehicle research or crew leveling in IL2, you just buy a module (Moskau, Stalingrad, Kuban, Bodenplatte ...) that includes vehicles (planes atm) and map(s) - that 's it. There is "no" balance only the drive to get as close to historical accurate as possible. -> get gud, it's a sim after all.

But tanks could be a big success for them even as a sim, because the barriers of entry are much lower compared to planes. And if they keep their current buisness model, it might appeal to many people.

I suspect this will be as un-fun as Simulator mode in WT:

1. Pick vehicle
  2. Move out
  3. Get sniped from 1km by a dot

15 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

as close to historical accurate as possible

Wouldn't you get bombed to shit in a tank then? I wonder how will they handle the inherent imbalance between fast flying things and slow ground stuff.

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

Wouldn't you get bombed to shit in a tank then? I wonder how will they handle the inherent imbalance between fast flying things and slow ground stuff.

Destroying a moying tank in a sim, especially if player controlled is hard. Forget WT and it's mouse aim. Furthermore you will also have friendly air cover and realistic damage models for planes, no WT planes with fire extinguishers in the engine and fuel tanks.

But we ll have to wait and see ... .

Sign in to follow this