Found these interesting pics after purchasing the vehicles on test server

The grille has a different turret

IS4 has a stock turret and D25T,

STI has the top gun and top turret.

qFBWVvW.jpg

uRHGBYQ.jpg

7Um4UoF.jpg

Chi-Ri also has the 8.8cm for some reason... :thinking:

IS-4 model is never seen before so it really could be a swap. Notice how the ST-I is also on its top config.

23 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Chi-Ri also has the 8.8cm for some reason... :thinking:

IS-4 model is never seen before so it really could be a swap. Notice how the ST-I is also on its top config.

I wonder if they will implement the double barrel design

Is that not a GW Panther

Does look very much like the GW Panther but the hull appears to be of different proportions. Could just be a skewed and stretched image. 

I don't rly like this new Grille turret. It seems like it is bigger and therefore an easier target. 

Anyway. This model is not so new as you might think. There was this picture on the EU WoT blitz portal 

rating-battles-thumb_c_800x391.jpg?zoom=

Here it already has this GW Panther like turret. Funny though. On the EU Portal there was the same picture but with the correct model. 

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/07/18/world-of-tanks-wt-e100-the-no-return-of-the-king/

Let aside the turret. But doesn't seem the gun a but short? Or at least shorter that that what we currently have? 

Plz don't tell me they still want to nerf the Grille. If they want to change something it needs a buff. Grille is totally out of Meta right now. 

-------

Regarding this Chi-Ri with the 88. The tank itself is probably totally fake. The Japanese didn't plan to put this kind of gun on it. 

But it is funny how this myth started. When the Americans captured the Chi-To prototype it had no gun in it. But it had this big ass turret. So they assumed the Japanese planed to put a big gun in it. Long story short. The Japanese never wanted a big gun in this turret but an autoloader. But the myth was already born and lifes to this day. 

And to be fair it makes an OK midtier premium. 

17 hours ago, Ezz said:

Plus that grille appears to be a premium. 

Pretty sure that's just the elite symbol because tier 10s come elited. The IS-4 and bat are the only ones that don't have it. 

1 hour ago, SmurfReroll said:

Pretty sure that's just the elite symbol because tier 10s come elited. The IS-4 and bat are the only ones that don't have it. 

Good point... i guess then the is4 still won't come elite when purchased, hence would be using that D25T in that picture or whatever it gets stock.

5 hours ago, hall0 said:

Regarding this Chi-Ri with the 88. The tank itself is probably totally fake. The Japanese didn't plan to put this kind of gun on it. 

But it is funny how this myth started. When the Americans captured the Chi-To prototype it had no gun in it. But it had this big ass turret. So they assumed the Japanese planed to put a big gun in it. Long story short. The Japanese never wanted a big gun in this turret but an autoloader. But the myth was already born and lifes to this day. 

IMO, it was less that the Japs didn't want to put such a gun on it, and more about their not having a good enough 88 mm gun. The 75mm on the Chi Ri already represented the pinnacle of Japanese anti tank weaponry, even if it was a rather low pinnacle. The proposed heavy tanks, meanwhile, were to be fitted with varying calibres of naval guns - known pretty much for their shit shell velocity, artillery arc, and poor penetration relative to their calibre.

Put in another way, if the Japanese had a good 8.8 mm, I don't doubt they would have put it on the Chi Ri. 

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

IMO, it was less that the Japs didn't want to put such a gun on it, and more about their not having a good enough 88 mm gun. The 75mm on the Chi Ri already represented the pinnacle of Japanese anti tank weaponry, even if it was a rather low pinnacle. The proposed heavy tanks, meanwhile, were to be fitted with varying calibres of naval guns - known pretty much for their shit shell velocity, artillery arc, and poor penetration relative to their calibre.

Put in another way, if the Japanese had a good 8.8 mm, I don't doubt they would have put it on the Chi Ri. 

Also remember the Japs didn't have to deal with Churchills, Matildas, Valentines, etc. 75mm is already good enough to deal with Shermans, there was no pressing need for the 88.

24 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Also remember the Japs didn't have to deal with Churchills, Matildas, Valentines, etc. 75mm is already good enough to deal with Shermans, there was no pressing need for the 88.

Actually the japs faced two of the three named ones and were about to face the third, if the war had gone on just 2 more months. Either way, the "top dog" 75mm anti tank gun of the japanese was more than good enough to deal with any of these tanks. It had comparable performance to the german Pak/KwK 42 (aka 75/L70), you know, the gun featured on the Panther, argueably the most sensible (anti-) tank gun of the war (yeah yeah, the PaK/KwK 43 aka 88/l71 had greater penetration, shell velocity and explosive mass, but the gun was considerably more expensive and also much more maintenance demanding).

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Actually the japs faced two of the three named ones and were about to face the third, if the war had gone on just 2 more months. Either way, the "top dog" 75mm anti tank gun of the japanese was more than good enough to deal with any of these tanks. It had comparable performance to the german Pak/KwK 42 (aka 75/L70), you know, the gun featured on the Panther, argueably the most sensible (anti-) tank gun of the war (yeah yeah, the PaK/KwK 43 aka 88/l71 had greater penetration, shell velocity and explosive mass, but the gun was considerably more expensive and also much more maintenance demanding).

Two letters: IS

7 hours ago, lavawing said:

They had this gun 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_99_88_mm_AA_gun

But I have no idea if this AA gun had any anti tank shells. 

4 hours ago, lavawing said:

Two letters: IS

Nineteen signs: Panzergranate 40/42

But that is besides the point, as I said "most sensible", not "most powerful".

2 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Is this 88mm chi-ri appearing as a new tank? Or a new gun for the old tank?

If it became reality, I would expect it to become a gun for the regular tank. The Chi-Ri is in dire need of help with the recent changes. It never was a particularly good tank, but it performed well in an assault-support role and two of them played in a good platoon were something you'd not want to fight, despite it's poor reaction-speed (I managed a 57.27% winrate in it, playing mostly in a two-man Chi-Ri platoon with someone of comparable skill to me). Removal of weak-spots, introduction of new vehicles which are faster, better armored and better armed all at the same time and general matchmaking changes absolutely killed what little viability this tank had though. But just giving it an 88 wouldn't fix it. It would just become an inferior copy of the italian T7 med. Taller, less effective armor and less mobility.

28 minutes ago, hall0 said:

They had this gun 

Yes they did, but it was not in wide-spread use. As Haswell pointed out correctly, there was just no need to have that kind of ammo in common stock, as the Japanese didn't generally deal with anything beyond what a Sherman could offer. It's easy to forget, that the Sherman and the Tiger I had almost the same armor and anything that could deal with either of these tanks, wouldn't have a problem dealing with Valentine IIs, Matildas and even Churchills.

Just give the Chi-Ri some more pen since historical parallelism has been thrown out the window with WG adding armour onto everything. 

On 7/23/2018 at 12:20 AM, hall0 said:

They had this gun 

Im pretty sure I've seen that gun mentioned before in games and im pretty sure it was part of the AA suites on Japanese Ships in WOWS.

Sign in to follow this