Sign in to follow this  
BlitzReaper

What is your FoV?

11 posts in this topic

I switched mine to the lowest possible to reduce the weird aim change when you go to third person. Many times when I'm shooting over an obstacle and zoom out to see better, my aim somehow snaps on the obstacle and fires on the ground. My aim seems to shift really much in some cases when my FoV was kind of high, so it really annoyed me.

There's a lot of different opinions, I personally run max at 120. It was weird for the first day or so, but one gets used to it.

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/23423-what-is-your-fov-field-of-view-setting-and-why/

Default, because thats what I was used to before FOV slider was made.

6 hours ago, BlitzReaper said:

I switched mine to the lowest possible to reduce the weird aim change when you go to third person. Many times when I'm shooting over an obstacle and zoom out to see better, my aim somehow snaps on the obstacle and fires on the ground. My aim seems to shift really much in some cases when my FoV was kind of high, so it really annoyed me.

Hold right click down as you go out and it'll stay wherever it is. Reducing FoV gimps your gameplay more than learning that trait will

7 hours ago, Kolni said:

Hold right click down as you go out and it'll stay wherever it is. Reducing FoV gimps your gameplay more than learning that trait will

holy fuck my hero

15 hours ago, Ham_ said:

Default, because thats what I was used to before FOV slider was made.

pretty sure fov was 105 before the slider. no idea why the default is 95 now, but it's way more narrow than if you look at old replays. patch 9.1 was when the slider was introduced and I found this thread discussing the change, but there's nothing about the specific numbers in patch notes http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/42673-note-default-fov-setting-changed-from-105-in-90-to-95-in-91/

15 minutes ago, Fulvin said:

pretty sure fov was 105 before the slider. no idea why the default is 95 now, but it's way more narrow than if you look at old replays. patch 9.1 was when the slider was introduced and I found this thread discussing the change, but there's nothing about the specific numbers in patch notes http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/42673-note-default-fov-setting-changed-from-105-in-90-to-95-in-91/

Hmm, never even noticed, must have been negligible. Gonna change it to 105 and see how it goes.

120, because wider FOV gives more situational awareness. Ok, in my case it's more like it gives the potential for more situational awareness, but why gimp myself?

115 for me, anything lower and it just looks strange while also lowering any situational awareness you have.

Sign in to follow this