hall0

Possible Buff to Fascist Box Tanks and Brits

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've found this on reddit and thought it was worth sharing. 

I just shamelessly copy paste the reddit post so I don't have to write it my own :P

But I have no idea why they want to buff the Brits again. Their HT line is now one of the best with several borderline OP tanks. Ok the Churchill Tanks are still shit, but that is a price to pay. TDs also got changed last (or was it even this year). Mediums got their turrets buffed plus minor balance tweaks. For me this nation seems rather fine at the moment. 

E-100 is getting a Buff this year! A german Community Manager from WG was in Paris and had a lot of questions about German Tech Tree and how long it would take to actually do something.

The German Tech Tree is getting a Buff. Starting with the E-100 this year and also the british Tech Tree will see some love. (Probably that Black Prince BIAS)

The information was leaked on Mouzakrobat Stream via Phone Call with the Community Manager from Germany. This was around Tank Festival 2018.

The Source of the leak (helps only if you understand the german language) : German and British Tech Tree Buff. Live Call via phone

A few weeks/days later the Streamer announced the first act. The E-100 Buff for this year. He didnt say any Date but im looking forward to it. I would love to have finally a other choice instead of power grinding the BIAS russian line because every other line blows except for the power creep tanks.

So this guy on the phone (no idea who exactly it is) talked with Maksim Shuvalov, who was in the WG Office in Paris, about the future of the German Tanks. According to him, there will be some changes, but not in the near future, but there is definitely something planned. Together with the Brits. 
Nothing has been said about any tank specifically or what the changes might be. I hope they don't just overbuff the armor again like they did on the Maus several patches ago. 

More Tier 10 buffs, ugh.

More proof that WG has no idea what it's actually doing and doesn't play the game.

But the IS-4 and the Leopard are clearly worse than most tier 9 tanks and for yet another year they get ignored.  The Caern is good, the Conq is great, and the Super Conq might be the best tank in the game - the Black Prince is kind of the price you pay for greatness IMHO

44 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

the Black Prince is kind of the price you pay for greatness IMHO

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

Ok the Churchill Tanks are still shit, but that is a price to pay.

No. Just, No. This is a terrible stance to take. Having mediocre tanks in any line is fine, after all, not everyone can be the top dog in a given class and tier, but having just plain shitty tanks in a line is terrible design, much worse if it's multiple terrible and sub-par tanks. It may entice people to spend FreeXP and thus might be economically good for the company, but it hurts the overall game-balance, taking possible tank-variety away and narrowing choices down, not to talk about how people feel that would normally like a given tank and play it all day if it were any good. Plus it also invalidates the work the company spend on developing said tank. If it's designed as a pure FreeXP-hog, then they might as well remove the tank and just increase the research cost for the tank following it.

5 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

No. Just, No. This is a terrible stance to take. Having mediocre tanks in any line is fine, after all, not everyone can be the top dog in a given class and tier, but having just plain shitty tanks in a line is terrible design, much worse if it's multiple terrible and sub-par tanks. It may entice people to spend FreeXP and thus might be economically good for the company, but it hurts the overall game-balance, taking possible tank-variety away and narrowing choices down, not to talk about how people feel that would normally like a given tank and play it all day if it were any good. Plus it also invalidates the work the company spend on developing said tank. If it's designed as a pure FreeXP-hog, then they might as well remove the tank and just increase the research cost for the tank following it.

Remember when every single tier 7 tank are universally terrible and an XP sink? Pretty sure WG came forward long ago and admitted there are tanks that are meant to be sinks by design from the ground up. I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it has been a thing since the game got released.

There will always be tanks that simply flat out suck. This is fine because the meta always revolves around only a few tanks in every tier, everything else can be irrelevant and exist simply for variety. See: 7/42 lineups and CW metas.

22 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Remember when every single tier 7 tank are universally terrible and an XP sink? Pretty sure WG came forward long ago and admitted there are tanks that are meant to be sinks by design from the ground up. I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it has been a thing since the game got released.

There will always be tanks that simply flat out suck. This is fine because the meta always revolves around only a few tanks in every tier, everything else can be irrelevant and exist simply for variety. See: 7/42 lineups and CW metas.

There's a difference between being subpar and being flat out suckers.

5 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

There's a difference between being subpar and being flat out suckers.

How would you classify them then? We can at least agree the entire Churchill series right now flat out suck, right?

Getting ready for the fabled Chieftain minibranch hopefully. 

3 hours ago, Haswell said:

How would you classify them then? We can at least agree the entire Churchill series right now flat out suck, right?

Can't talk about the T5, cause i skipped it. But I don't rly see a problem here. 

The T6 was OK. It is slow but gets the job done. Not my playstyle but you can work with it. 

T7 is the tank which rly makes you suffer. The alpha is just way too low for a HT. It would be acceptable if you would be toptier all the time and only face same tier or lower. But against T8s or T9s it becomes laughable. You can't even track enemies reliable. Your alpha ist just too low for this. And your armor is worth nothing in this MMs. 

49 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Can't talk about the T5, cause i skipped it. But I don't rly see a problem here. 

The T6 was OK. It is slow but gets the job done. Not my playstyle but you can work with it. 

T7 is the tank which rly makes you suffer. The alpha is just way too low for a HT. It would be acceptable if you would be toptier all the time and only face same tier or lower. But against T8s or T9s it becomes laughable. You can't even track enemies reliable. Your alpha ist just too low for this. And your armor is worth nothing in this MMs. 

T5 is very competitive with the KV

Yeah its really the 6 and 7 that make this such an onerous line.  @Madner Kami I don't disagree that its a bad design and that making people play horrid tanks is bad policy that probably costs users.  Basically all I'm saying is that the payoff was enough that even I muddled through the line after the super conq came out.

Its a familiar theme, the chinese tanks were pretty meh and under played, then the 5a happened and I ground out the chinese line, ditto with the 430 - which was clearly inferior to the 140 until they fabricated the 430U.  Object 263? Rinse and repeat.  Maus? yep . . . etc.

Its a pretty predictable pattern over the last 18 months or so.  I actually suspect that in a year a lot of people will be grinding the Leo and/or IS-4 when those lines are deemed profitable to recycle.  It ain't how wotlabs would do it if we were in charge, but sadly they don't want to listen to reason in Kiev

The high tier brits dont need any sort of buffing at all - any of the branches. The Super Conq needs a nerf if anything. The churchills and black prince could do with a buff, Id say Gun dep and gun handling on the churchills, and a bigger gun on the BP (at least)

Ive spent the last few weeks grinding up the brit heavy line, So I feel im qualified to comment lol. (Ok I skipped the BP because fuck that thing)

19 hours ago, Haswell said:

I think the Churchill I is probably in a decent place, where the armor helps against lower tiers and the gun is good enough to deal with not being top tier. Biggest problem is probably a lack of top speed. Beyond that, Churchill VII is just a mess in absolutely every regard. Black Prince, despite being workable initially, wasn't in a good place since it's introduction and it only got worse over time with power creep, superheavies and MM-changes.

15 hours ago, hall0 said:

Churchill VII is by far the worst. Even after they changed it's armor layout, it's still riddled with weakspots, it's by far the least mobile of the three and has the weakest gun in relation to tier, basically retaining the exact same gun the Churchill I had. Black Prince suffers a lot, but it outpaces, outarmors and outguns the Churchill VII by quite a margin and back before you absolutely needed 200+ pen as a T7 tank, the gun was good enough to get the job done except for either needing more alpha or more DPM (remember, the 17 pounder is on par with the D25T in terms of penetration and I can't remember anyone ever complaining about the IS1 and IS2 lacking in penetrative power). Superheavies and power creep changed that, but that doesn't exactly improve the Churchill VII either.

12 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

@Madner Kami I don't disagree that its a bad design and that making people play horrid tanks is bad policy that probably costs users.  Basically all I'm saying is that the payoff was enough that even I muddled through the line after the super conq came out.

What riles me up is people behaving as if that is a normal or even just an acceptable state of things (when it so clearly isn't, both economically and in terms of player retention/game enjoyment), which your statement and hall0's read like to me. It's defeatist, self-defeatist and it validates WG's behaviour, which all is wrong on just too many levels to leave it uncommented. Sorry if that wasn't your intention.

7 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

The high tier brits dont need any sort of buffing at all - any of the branches. The Super Conq needs a nerf if anything. The churchills and black prince could do with a buff, Id say Gun dep and gun handling on the churchills, and a bigger gun on the BP (at least)

Drop the 17 Pounder onto the Churchill VII, increase top speed by 5 and give it a 600hp engine (alternatively, give it a 450hp engine and drop those ground resistances to some silly level). Maybe fix some of the frontal armor holes, to make it a "light superheavy" (for lack of a better word). Done.

Black Prince, +5 top speed, Centurion turret (the more sturdy variant), 20 pounder A-barrel, reintroduce 20 pounder A- and B-barrel as a secondary gun on the Caern (to smoothen the line's transition, because fuck the 17 pounder on a T8 heavy - and i say that as someone who loves that gun), 750hp engine or retain current engine with silly low ground resistance. Done.

Suddenly you have a progression in that line, instead of the side-grade that the Churchill VII is to the Churchill I and the Black Prince being a T7 tank with a T6 medium gun. It really isn't rocket science.

The biggest problem with the mid-tier brit heavies is that you are playing the same tank 3 times in a row.  The tier 5 is competitive but by the time you get to tier 7 you've had enough and what worked at tier 5 doesn't work at tier 7.  I think every tank line, just about, as stinker or two that have to be endured or skipped. 

#GIVE_CHURCHILL_GAME_CARRIER_4K_DPM

16 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

So Leo buffs? :megadoge:

It would be as op as a TVP VTU then. Are you mad?

3 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Dadada komrad. Tvp vtu good Defender counter Leo good Type 5 counter.

Don't you know it can safely flank Type5 on mines and ensk?