Sign in to follow this  
2mg

Help me pimp out Obj. 430u

16 posts in this topic

CREW SKILLS:

• Commander: Sixth Sense/BiA/Camo/Repairs/Situational Awareness or JoAT?
  • Gunner: Camo/BiA/Snap Shot/Repairs/???
  • Driver: Camo/BiA/Smooth Ride/Repairs/in which order: Off-Road Driving, Preventative Maintenance, Clutch Braking?
  • Loader: Camo/BiA/Safe Stowage/Repairs/Adrenaline Rush?

EQUIPMENT:

• Rammer
  • V. Stab
  • Optics

CONSUMABLES:

• (Large) Repair Kit
  • (Auto) Fire Extinguisher
  • (Large) First Aid Kit

DIRECTIVE:

• gun handling?

PS: Should I run Food on this tank, and what to swap out?

Of the choices you've posted I'd go for sit awareness and off road next. Gunner maybe armorer if people start HE spamming your gun. Preventative maintenance I think requires 100% so you'd want to reskill that at some point but not sure how flammable it is so others could help. Food generally goes in for an AFE but as above... Directive you can always go for the fire one as gun handling on it is generally good anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Of the choices you've posted I'd go for sit awareness and off road next. Gunner maybe armorer if people start HE spamming your gun. Preventative maintenance I think requires 100% so you'd want to reskill that at some point but not sure how flammable it is so others could help. Food generally goes in for an AFE but as above... Directive you can always go for the fire one as gun handling on it is generally good anyway. 

It's a 10%-er for fire, but it lights up easily, RU module placement and all...
Fire directive, does it make sense on any tank? I mean, it doesn't decrease the chance of fire like Preventative Maintenance does.

Also, should I swap Off-Road for Snap Shot now, or just level it up?

Regarding Preventative Maintenance, should I swap it in now instead of say Camo, or maybe Repairs?

8 minutes ago, 2mg said:

It's a 10%-er for fire, but it lights up easily, RU module placement and all...
Fire directive, does it make sense on any tank? I mean, it doesn't decrease the chance of fire like Preventative Maintenance does.

Also, should I swap Off-Road for Snap Shot now, or just level it up?

I think hes talking if you're running food. Fire directive and extinguishing is useless if you use auto, so is PM because most fires are fuel tank fires.

Get JoaT for commander next because you don't play vision games as much as the other Russian meds.

Gunner, retrain for a perk or pick armorer.

Driver, always off road before CB, PM last because it is only for engine fires.

Loader retrain for intuition if you like to switch to HEAT often or adrenaline rush just for the rare end game it comes in useful.

I was the first player on NA to 3 mark the 430U this is what I used when I played it.

Equipment: 

• Rammer
  • Vents
  • V-stab

Consumables (This is the setup for any tank in the game ever since stun arty)

• rep
  • med 
  • food 

Directive

• Firefighting 

As for Crew skills JOAT is useless since you will always use a medkit ever since stun mechanic was added. I value situational awareness over even repairs since having it allows you to take vents>optics. The other crew members should get firefighting as soon as possible.

Here is a video of some fine 430U things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSYZqgfkZMQ

2 hours ago, haglar said:

I was the first player on NA to 3 mark the 430U this is what I used when I played it.

Directive

• Firefighting 

I get lit up often (maybe not so often but it hurts in Ranked, so I notice it more). Is it really worth having FF and swapping AFE for Food? FF only reduces the number of ticks...

Also, would you recommend Vents>Optics + Sit. Awareness on Obj. 140? And FF + Food too? SInce it's a much more "fast" hovermed compared to pocket heavy 430u?

2 hours ago, 2mg said:

IAlso, would you recommend Vents>Optics + Sit. Awareness on Obj. 140? And FF + Food too? SInce it's a much more "fast" hovermed compared to pocket heavy 430u?

140 has the camo and mobility to play vision games at times, so I run optics+SA just to pimp that out further.  When you're facing Fattons with 500 meters of VR, you'll never beat them in the VR department, but you can keep the gap close enough that you can leverage your far better camo.

19 hours ago, Ham_ said:

I think hes talking if you're running food. Fire directive and extinguishing is useless if you use auto, so is PM because most fires are fuel tank fires.

Get JoaT for commander next because you don't play vision games as much as the other Russian meds.

So JoaT + Food without Medkit? Or Joat/FF/FF directive/PM without AFE?

13 hours ago, haglar said:

JoaT

It isn't useless when you get rid of stun and then your loader gets creamed by another arty etc while on cool down. When you want to max out in every situation with that many crew skills, its worth having JoaT. Getting caught on a tank where every crew memeber is needed is not fun.

OP:

Always keep medkit, drop auto if running food. The whole disadvantage for such a big boost is the fire risk which is rare, and thats the balancing feature for food. Its a risk/reward consumable and you should think about it in a way that will your performance in most games make up for the loss in some.

Also, always repair fuel tanks when running food.

18 hours ago, 2mg said:

I get lit up often (maybe not so often but it hurts in Ranked, so I notice it more). Is it really worth having FF and swapping AFE for Food? FF only reduces the number of ticks...

Also, would you recommend Vents>Optics + Sit. Awareness on Obj. 140? And FF + Food too? SInce it's a much more "fast" hovermed compared to pocket heavy 430u?

Yes food is far more useful than having AFE think of it as an extra 2 pairs of vents. 

Yes the same setup is what I use for any other medium as well. Having over 500 view range is nice but with the current maps having 460 to break camo of heavies at max is good enough. 

6 hours ago, Ham_ said:

with that many crew skills, its worth having JoaT. 

I I am currently taking Joat as my 8th skill. There are just more useful things on a commander.

7WrFtYE.png

You got the crew skills wrong. Repairs>anything else as a) the 430U is a brawler and B) aside from camo/bia/view range skills most skills just give you a small boost. Unless you play with LTs or tier 6 meds never train camo over repairs. That being said I train even perks directly as I dont feel like it is worth it wasting the 20k for retraining. But that is just me as I am lazy.

About the drive go with off road>clutch breaking.

Because you have very good camo with optics you will outspot any medium running optics (ofc if he isnt behind a bush ect) but vents helps too because it improves your handling, accuracy and shortens your reload, all things the 430 needs. It is up to you and your playstyle, but the already fantastic camo should allow you to outspot any heavy and any medium without optics. So try both but I'd go with vents.

19 hours ago, Tanager said:

140 has the camo and mobility to play vision games at times, so I run optics+SA just to pimp that out further.  When you're facing Fattons with 500 meters of VR, you'll never beat them in the VR department, but you can keep the gap close enough that you can leverage your far better camo.

430U has more camo and all the russian mediums outspot the M48 due to their fantastic camo.

Don't bother with optics. Without food you won't be hitting the targets you spot at the edge of VR; with food you might as well be running vents and still be spotting the same targets.

20 hours ago, 2mg said:

So JoaT + Food without Medkit? Or Joat/FF/FF directive/PM without AFE?

Never run without Medkits in the current Meta. Arty kills just to many crew members + you can get rid of the annoying stun. 

And I agree with haglar. Joat is useless. Don't waste a skill for this until you have pretty much everything else. 

After the patch were they made Medkits rechargeable I retrained it on every tank. Just not worth it any more. 

Somewhere somebody did the math and showed that off road driving is more valuable than smooth ride or clutch breaking on most tanks because terrain resistance is such a bitch.  I've watched enough of Haglars replays to know the thread can pretty much be closed after he posted RU med advice in it.  Firefighting directives are a bargain

3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Somewhere somebody did the math and showed that off road driving is more valuable than smooth ride or clutch breaking on most tanks because terrain resistance is such a bitch.  I've watched enough of Haglars replays to know the thread can pretty much be closed after he posted RU med advice in it.  Firefighting directives are a bargain

Wait, how does Smooth Ride come into play with Clutch/Offroad?

On 8/12/2018 at 1:58 AM, 2mg said:

Wait, how does Smooth Ride come into play with Clutch/Offroad?

Smooth ride improves dispersion on the move only by 0.01, kinda meh