Ham_

Supertest, PMM tank armor buffs

39 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Ham_ said:

Is murazor working on the T26E4? Armor buffs AND serious mobility buffs?

It retains the weakspots and the armor buffs are minimal, so no, not Murazor-style buffs.

If it was done by him, the front would be changed so that it would be immune to standard and then it would be either cheese to premium or it would have 50/50 chance of going through it. And to have an excuse that "it has a weakspot", the center pixel of the cupola is ~170 effective.

The laughable one to me is the Type 59, it's already recently had gun handling and armour buffs recently.

It's currently one tough med to face, especially for a pref with that turret and -7 gun depression, plus a hull you can bully tier 6s and 7s with.

Now they want to buff the one thing that is still really it's downside, it's mobility, 18 hp/ton will move it up to being one of the more mobile tier 8 meds, especially with 56kph top speed.

And it's already got decent handling, with 0.13/0.13/0.12 dispersion well ahead of most other tier 8 meds, now it's going to go to 0.13/0.13/0.10 with a 1.92s aim time which is almost 907 gun handling.

DPM is still a bit meh, but that gets a tiny buff as well.

And they are correcting the front turret armour from 200 to 230mm, which removes the ability for most tier 8s to pen the flat turret front parts.

So it's going to have -

• tier 10 med gun handling
  • T-54 turret armour
  • Mobility probably better than an STA-2. Mutz and Cent 5/1 RAAC
  • And pref-MM

Just lol.

It's pretty much going to the best all round tier 8 med for the meta before you even consider the pref-MM and premium status. 

...because they started selling it again, and will again this Christmas. And since it's effectively the most expensive tank in the game it's going to need to be the best to keep on making it rain while the game swirls down the toilet. I'm waiting to see the price on the insanely overbuffed Pz IV/V when they finally dangle that one.

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

It's pretty much going to the best all round tier 8 med for the meta before you even consider the pref-MM and premium status. 

You know about the T44-100, right? 

25 minutes ago, hall0 said:

More hull armour. Impenetrable turret. Comparable bloom. Worse mobility and DPM, BUT Pref MM on top of all that.

44-100 sometimes pays for its lack of raw power. The Type is raw power

Will buy one in a heartbeat tho :/

9 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Remember the first iteration of the Type 59? The one when it first came out and basically fucked every server, forcing WG to repeatedly nerf it?

Yeah, we're going back there now.

If they're buffing premiums, they really should just buff the T-34-3 instead of the Type. If they do it right they can sell a 390-alpha-Type 59 while keeping the promise of not selling a Type 59 :serb:

5 hours ago, ZXrage said:

If they're buffing premiums, they really should just buff the T-34-3 instead of the Type. If they do it right they can sell a 390-alpha-Type 59 while keeping the promise of not selling a Type 59 :serb:

• Standard shell penetration changed to 182mm (+7mm)
  • HEAT shell speed changed to 720 m/s (+80 m/s)
  • Dispersion at 100 m changed to 0.44 (-0.02)
  • Gun depression angle changed to -6.5 deg (+1.5 deg)
  • Dispersion during movement changed to 0.16 (-0.02)
  • Dispersion on suspension traverse changed to 0.16 (-0.02)

That said, WZ-1111111 will still have the best gun handling out of the D25T tanks.

6 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

That's fine, but not at the level of Type 59 buffs. GIVE ME TYPE BUFFS.

Just get a Hype 59... o wait

:megadoge:

Tempted to get the T-34-3, its on sale atm, is it a fun break from shitty tier 8 mm or nah especially considering it has buffs in the future

Will it be easier to 3 mark the Type 59 and T-34-3 after the buffs or before?

On 9/8/2018 at 4:28 AM, Bavor said:

Will it be easier to 3 mark the Type 59 and T-34-3 after the buffs or before?

Before. It's always easier to mark tanks before buffs unless you could not stand a tank before the buff and you can after. 

I don't know what WG are expecting. The armor buffs may have an impact against the guns with really bad pen, but otherwise its just for show. And the minor pen buffs may be a step in the right direction, but the difference is trivial and many of these guns aren't going to be hitting weakspots in either case. I've stumbled onto my own little formula for how to make a really clunky PMM tank suddenly playable and that's to give it high pen. For instance, if the JT88's APCR suddenly became its standard shell.

9 hours ago, Mikosah said:

I don't know what WG are expecting. The armor buffs may have an impact against the guns with really bad pen, but otherwise its just for show. And the minor pen buffs may be a step in the right direction, but the difference is trivial and many of these guns aren't going to be hitting weakspots in either case. I've stumbled onto my own little formula for how to make a really clunky PMM tank suddenly playable and that's to give it high pen. For instance, if the JT88's APCR suddenly became its standard shell.

No, it means tier 6 tanks are fucked

I miss the "We won't put Mauschen in the game because its shit against tier 10s and too fucking OP against tier 7s and 8s" WG. 

On 9/6/2018 at 5:45 PM, hall0 said:

Has much worse armour for better mobility, but now Type closes that gap, Type will slightly edge the gun handling I believe and of course it won't see tier 10.