Ham_

Supertest, PMM tank armor buffs

39 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Has much worse armour for better mobility, but now Type closes that gap, Type will slightly edge the gun handling I believe and of course it won't see tier 10. 

Well it cost more now due to inflation so makes sense right......

19 hours ago, Ezz said:

Well it cost more now due to inflation so makes sense right......

To be fair T-44-100 is very expensive as well because it was a mission bundle tank meaning every time they re-sell it it's the same price. 

Well, they've updated them some more, Type 59 is getting more DPM than the initial +50, having its reload dropped by 0.3s.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/pref-mm-vehicles-update-1-2/

23 minutes ago, CelestiaLudenberg said:

Well, they've updated them some more, Type 59 is getting more DPM than the initial +50, having its reload dropped by 0.3s.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/pref-mm-vehicles-update-1-2/

186 pen seems actually workable, plus the Sperging got (well-deservedly) megabuffed again lol

Jesus, half of these tanks are going to be monsters now. Faster Super Pershing with good bloom numbers, good grief, try hitting that cupola now. AND buffed frontal armor? Type 59 is now better than a tech tree tank yet gets sheltered MM. Jag 8,8 will still blow at least, all the buffs in the world won't make 236 APCR pen an E-75. Will finally be a nightmare to lower tier tanks though, which completes the WoT circle of life where tier>>>>>>>everything.

5 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Jesus, half of these tanks are going to be monsters now. Faster Super Pershing with good bloom numbers, good grief, try hitting that cupola now. AND buffed frontal armor? Type 59 is now better than a tech tree tank yet gets sheltered MM. Jag 8,8 will still blow at least, all the buffs in the world won't make 236 APCR pen an E-75. Will finally be a nightmare to lower tier tanks though, which completes the WoT circle of life where tier>>>>>>>everything.

I'm not sure spersh will be that good. The hp't is stil shit. type will be strong as hell though. Jag88 would be strong if it had 220/255 pen. 

I’d imagine The conbo of good accuracy and soft stats, blistering rof/dpm and the overall good armor/hp pool would make the jt88 uniquely capable of making the low pen spremmo rounds work, even in the current meta. 

The kv-5 on the other hand, is still completely fucked. I’d take the proposed standard-MM buffs over what it ended up getting any day of the week. 

1 hour ago, Tupinambis said:

I’d imagine The conbo of good accuracy and soft stats, blistering rof/dpm and the overall good armor/hp pool would make the jt88 uniquely capable of making the low pen spremmo rounds work, even in the current meta. 

I play the Jagd every now and then and used to do that a lot more and a lot more badly. The only way the Jt 8.8 makes the low pen gold rounds work is by not using them at all since they are worthless and can't even pen an E75's LFP reliably.

The armour and gun are both decent but both are negated by the sheer inflexibility of the platform. The Caern AX does a similar thing with it's 2.8k DPM but that thing is much faster and has a turret. It would need the silver pen of the Kanonenjagpanzer 90 and something like 270 pen APCR to be anywhere close to good, and even then it would be one dimensional as hell. 

I wonder if it they are afraid that kv5 will be too strong armorwise top tier why not hive it slightly better mobility (better reverse like they are doing) but added superb gun stats and better dpm.

Type is the biggest winner, not sure on what the armour changes are but it's got a damn good turret as it is and enough hull armour to sidescrape and troll lower tiers. By fixing the mobility they are pretty much fixing the last issue with it, DPM is still on the low side but aside from that you have very good armour, good gun depression, near best on tier gun handling, decent enough prem round, and you now go 56kph with 18 hp/ton so even better than something like a Cent 5/1 RAAC and Primo Victoria which are decently mobile meds.

Super P is weird, think we need to see some armour views to see how troll the weakspots will be, more hp/ton at least makes it less annoying to play but it's only 12 hp/ton with terrible ground resistances.

112 is already good with it's armour layout, so they are just buffing a decent tank there.

Similar to the WZ-111 it's a decent heavium who you use to bully meds, so the pen is workable and both the Chinese tanks have their 250 HEAT to fall back on against anything the AP can't handle.

Jt88 is still sh*t, how can they not realise that you can't buff the mobility of that tank if you do not tackle it's engine power? They have boosted top speed before and turning rate before but it made no difference because of sh*t hp/ton and poor ground resistances, and now they do it again. Plus base pen of a 50T is not that hot for a turretless TD that is slow and still only has 237mm of APCR. 

DPM is highest on tier 8 now aside the rare ISU-130, so that is a thing I suppose.

KV-5 didn't get anywhere near the buffs we first saw, still looks pretty rubbish to me. 

Definitely will be taking my Type out more, will give the Super P a go, will use the 112 and WZ, and might give the 50T a run, more gun depression, DPM, and hp/ton, shame they didn't touch the bloom.

Poor old CDC though, 50T is like a less paper version now that doesn't see tier 10. 

3 hours ago, EricBrogar said:

I am not 100% sure, but did they model the second cupola on the super pershing now? I think i got hit there a couple of times.

TeqDRMg.png

My impressions...

Super Pershing should be awfully good now, but it just doesn't feel much different. Or fun to play. Adding an invinco-strip of spaced armor over half the cupola was a nice troll move though, that should get some angry main forum posts.

Jag 8.8 plays the same geriatric, impotent way. Still too slow to do anything but sit in one spot the entire game, still too little pen to do anything other than permatrack some heavies. Not even joking, I pinned a tier 9 Japanese Heavy in the open for like 2 minutes straight because my pubbie retards couldn't figure out how to take advantage of it. A few more years of buffs and it will turn 180 degrees a second and have 235 AP pen.

WZ-111: Still boring and lame with inadequate pen.

IS-6: Still boring and lame with inadequate pen. And Jesus, I got that shitty new map where the hills hit 35 degree angles in places, it was torture. 10 kph half the game and nearly lost to cap.

All the others: not even touching them. All still look boring, lame, and/or bad other than the Type 59 and I don't have one.

Overall the changes are probably pretty good but who cares because they still aren't enjoyable to play because of the game itself.

6 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

WZ-111: Still boring and lame with inadequate pen.

IS-6: Still boring and lame with inadequate pen. And Jesus, I got that shitty new map where the hills hit 35 degree angles in places, it was torture. 10 kph half the game and nearly lost to cap.

TBH 111 is the furthest thing from boring and lame among all the tier 8 prefs, and even before the buffs. It gets same/better armour than the tier 9, cruises around the map at 40kph, and the best/least bad of all the D25T clones among its peers. The AP shells were and still are shite, but the HEAT shells are excellent against most targets, and are great for tryharding.

Personally though, it's the HE shells that push the tank into genuinely fun to play territory. Firing HE you become one of the best derp guns in tier, second only to the O-Ho, but on a much better chassis + shell velocity + sheltered MM.

You can literally load 35 HE, 5 each of AP and HEAT, and I have no doubt that you'll be able to average at least 1700 damage with your brain turned off. It's true that the armour is unreliable esp for sidescraping, but when you're spamming HE you always get the first shot off, usually track people with it, and farm boatloads of assist and salty pubby tears. The DPM is truly and undeniably depressing, but since the game has devolved into essentially a giant corridor slugfest, you rarely notice it.

Best of all, it's safe. The shells cost like 1/10 of HEAT while letting you reliably do 100-ish damage per shot against tier 9 heavies (and 200 against hulldown Conqs), and 150ish against most armoured tier 8s - you don't even half to expose more than a quarter of your tank to do so. It also does a fair amount of module damage esp to Brit/Chin tanks due to ammo rack placement. And the large number of Skorps, UDESes and STRVs running around due to the armour meta also make pens happen surprisingly often.

I did try HE-spamming in the IS-6, and while somewhat effective (was able to maintain 85-ish percent on it with pure HE spam over 10 or so games), it doesn't hold a candle to an HE spamming 111, especially platooned 111s. The 111 is just so much faster and more flexible, while having armour that's actually resistant to tier 9 rounds. Being essentially a 111-1-4 with a broken gun, the 111 can dictate engagements with minimal effort, which, more than the gun itself, is what makes the HE-111 work.

PS when in my tier 9 heavies, HE-spamming 111s are far more threatening than HEAT-111s. The damage is low at first but stacks up to the 500s very quickly. And being tracked every 10 seconds invites arty fire and module damage like nothing else. Fighting 2 HE-111s pretty much means you'll be crippled most of the game if you manage to survive at all. It's much, much more obnoxious than O-Hos and equally cancerous.