Sign in to follow this  
sohojacques

New Pilsen

6 posts in this topic

How are people going with this? Only played it a handful of times. My first impressions are:

- Whoever takes the 0 line quickly roles the east flank. But just like the central road on Lakeville, pity the fool who tries. Waiting to see fast HTs/heaviums yolo it instead of defaulting to the west. Could break the map?

-The rubble piles around E2 and F2 work best for lower profile tanks. Taller tanks have their turret roof/cupolas exposed while they drive out far enough for the rubble to not block their shot.

I've only had Pilsen once since it was re-introduced (had Minsk a few times but still haven't gotten the new Polish map yet at all). I was a bottom tier heavy (AMX M4 54) in a tier 9 match. Didn't try going east, went middle. Pushed into the central area but because of some potatoes on my team who pushed on not clearing out a medium at the opposite corner of the middle warehouse, I died to a crossfire from higher tier tanks.

I'm not sure pushing west is that good an idea if you don't also control the middle, because it's easy to end up stuck in the exposed, much bigger, gap between the western warehouses. Controlling the middle seems important but it's also hard to push there. I may end up trying to go east more if I get the map more in future.

That forest road is heaven for russian meds, you can completely roll that side everytime if they don't have tanks to stop you

Russian bias map, really. Notice how the coal piles in the east offer no advantage to tanks with good gun depression, because there’s nice flat road between each one. All key positions best suit low profile tanks with turret armour.

I liked Pilsen before it got reworked. Now I am not sure how it works as I have not seen enough of the east flank but that side seems to me to be a bit too campy and hard to spot.

West seems better as they fixed the camping positions by removing the bushes. Also I always enjoyed brawling in that area.

So for now I cant say much as I have not played on it enough.

First time I went 0-line with the Polish tier 8 prem I just rolled over it. The scouts in the coals in the middle got insta-spotted and sniped (when the gun behaved) and the campers couldn't do shit to stop me. A platoon of tier 10 rusky meds will dominate this part of the map so hard.