Sign in to follow this  
Never

Unverified users may now access and post in the forum

10 posts in this topic

Hello!

As has been brought to my attention, the verification system is apparently faulty, meaning new users have been unable to participate in discussions in the forum for quite a while. I have done a complete validation of the system and I could find no fault. As far as I can tell, it's working as normal.

However, as this appears to be causing issues, I have enabled access and posting rights to users in the default "Registered Users" category. Several functions, like rating posts, are still restricted to verified tankers.

Cheers!
Never

Edit: I figured out why this issue happened, and we can thank IPS (the makers of the forum software) for it. Months ago, they introduced a "quick registration" feature and made it the default without asking. This quick registration screen ommits custom fields, including the mandatory "Server" field which the verification system needs in order to know which region to authenticate your account. As new users couldn't select this field, they could not verify.

Fuck, fuck fuckity fuck.

I have now enabled the full registration screen. Verification should be working normally again. This new access to unverified users will remain, unless we run into trouble.

USERS WHO REGISTERED RECENTLY CAN NOW EDIT THEIR PROFILE AND SELECT THE APPROPRIATE SERVER, THEN PROCEED TO VERIFY AS NORMAL.

the Hero Wotlabs needed. Our beloved god has finally risen from his slumber enough to grace us with his wisdom, knowledge, and problem solving skills. 

AND ON THE THIRD DAY, HE ROSE AGAIN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SCRIPTURES

Thanks for all the work you do for the forum, Never. Really appreciate you stuck around with us assholes <3 <3 <3

16 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

AND ON THE THIRD DAY, HE ROSE AGAIN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SCRIPTURES

Thanks for all the work you do for the forum, Never. Really appreciate you stuck around with us assholes <3 <3 <3

At what point does Never ascend into the cloud and become one with the server

14 hours ago, Ham_ said:

At what point does Never ascend into the cloud and become one with the server

I thought it was more of a Skynet kinda relationship?