FlorbFnarb

Is it just me or is it now the norm that every shot fired hits unless it's at extreme range?

30 posts in this topic

I notice that I regularly end up being hit by every single shot fired at me in matches now, barring odd exceptions like extreme range or being 90% covered.  I started playing Russian TDs from the Tier 2 tank up, and had a stupid M2 with that horribly inaccurate derp gun spin and snapshot me from some distance away, 75 meters at least.  Didn't wait even a half second to aim in, just stopped, turned his turret, instantly fired, and hit anyway, one-shotting me.

It just seems very weird to literally get hit by every single shot fired my way bar none, when I almost never have matches where I hit every shot.  I dunno, perception bias maybe, but I can have quite a few matches in an evening where not one shot misses me.

Was there some accuracy buff I missed while I wasn't playing?  People hitting some 80-90% of their shots (apart from low-tier autofire spam) just seems excessively accurate.

Christ, just had it happen again

Three shots fired, three hits, back to garage.  I can't get within 300 meters of an enemy or I'm basically automatically hit.  I wish I knew who at WG decided that the game should be designed to force everybody to get within 50 meters of each other so almost every shot fired hits

The shot distribution is utter garbage now. It still allows what should be borderline impossible dead center shots maybe a quarter of the time and then flings shells all over the place otherwise. WG has tweaked it to maximum ADHD-friendly Call of Duty status where wild clicking shots are viable yet fully aimed shots are still unreliable. I'm reasonably confident they did one final sigma adjustment without making it known, they realized players can't easily detect that kind of change and didn't want to deal with the flak.

31 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

The shot distribution is utter garbage now. It still allows what should be borderline impossible dead center shots maybe a quarter of the time and then flings shells all over the place otherwise. WG has tweaked it to maximum ADHD-friendly Call of Duty status where wild clicking shots are viable yet fully aimed shots are still unreliable. I'm reasonably confident they did one final sigma adjustment without making it known, they realized players can't easily detect that kind of change and didn't want to deal with the flak.

That wouldn't surprise me.  A change that people can sort of detect with their Spidey-sense but can't possibly actually track in order to confirm or deny the hypothesis would be an appealing thing to WG.

It's always annoying.  I can have a target filling about 99% of my reticle and the shot takes a wild-ass arc off toward Kansas, while they can literally spin in place, click, and hit me.  I hit shots at 200m poking my head over a ridge and firing a chance shot in the last seconds of a match with a fully-bloomed reticle and it still hits a fleeing target, but a 50m shot goes wild and misses.

In the tier 6 Chinese TD yesterday I fired 10 fully aimed shots at stationary tanks.  Two hit.

Some days it seems that every no skill n00b can snapshot me on the move as they are driving and my fully aimed shots all go into the sky above the tank or into the dirt below it.  The streaks of shit RNG make this game suck.  I still am waiting for a streak of amazingly good RNG.

Was playing TVP 50/51 lately... it's amazing which shots can be missed in that tank.... A few times i was actually baffled and thought "wtf is this"... shots from mid range going completely off the aim centre, some falling to the ground etc... on the other hand, the snapshots some players got while i was peeking were amazing.

I fully agree with the tweak-theory, however I noticed that even I miss less shots overall than 10k battles ago, shooting into the ground from 20m and shells disappearing into nothing became more relevant in the game.

Of course as a wild "observation" these events occur far more likely in a "carry" situation when I'm trying to def against 1 arty and 1 random guy and after I miss 2 shots and arty kills me -  I check their stats and like 34243 battles 46,4% wr baffle.

So I imagine there could be an algorithm to help out worse players against better ones in situations like this and the best way to do that is to make them unaware of the fact the game itself punishes you if you are a good player.

Usually I read all kind of stupid theories throughout the years (and this also could be one) but since 2013 I just noticed the crescive frequency of these events.

I wouldn't even think they're trying to jigger things to help anybody, I just wouldn't be entirely surprised if at random intervals the game didn't have an algorithm "fuck_it_just_make_them_hit" that overrode the usual dispersion algorithm.

1, there is some conformation bias in that when an impossible shot hit you it sticks in your memory,

2, the unwashed hoard of shitters in this game are running aim assist/aim bot mods all over the fucking place. Part of the gradual increase in impossible shots is just because illegal mods are locking up the non-random part of the equation. If you just ran around perfectly aimed at everything all the time I think you'd be surprised at how often you hit regardless of bloom.

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

1, there is some conformation bias in that when an impossible shot hit you it sticks in your memory,

2, the unwashed hoard of shitters in this game are running aim assist/aim bot mods all over the fucking place. Part of the gradual increase in impossible shots is just because illegal mods are locking up the non-random part of the equation. If you just ran around perfectly aimed at everything all the time I think you'd be surprised at how often you hit regardless of bloom.

1. I agree.

2. Are the aimbots that good at leading tanks though?

8 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

Are the aimbots that good at leading tanks though?

QB had footage of aimbot in action on YouTube yonks ago and yes, it was.

38 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

ugh

I wonder how widespread they are?  WG needs to find a better way of detecting that shit.

2 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

WG needs to find a better way of detecting that shit

Don't think they care enough. 

23 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It's only you. I miss a ton of shots at mid range I should be hitting. Even with ruskie meds.

Yeah, me too.  Had a match where I peeked my T-44 up over a hill, stopped, aimed, shot at an advancing Frog-Sherman, missed...and he turned his turret, shot me on the move, and hit.

I wasn't happy.

It's just RNG. Some battle some potato will snap your tiny weakspot with a 0.44 acc gun, other game you will miss 5 fully aimed shots with your 0.30 gun at 100m. 

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It's just RNG. Some battle some potato will snap your tiny weakspot with a 0.44 acc gun, other game you will miss 5 fully aimed shots with your 0.30 gun at 100m. 

It's like you've been watching my matches.

rng has does seem to have become  Rng lately, though TBH I'm only playing 5-10 games a week in an Ob 430 which is a pretty inaccurate tank with good handling so I may be seeing things through salt covered glasses

19 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

rng has does seem to have become  Rng lately, though TBH I'm only playing 5-10 games a week in an Ob 430 which is a pretty inaccurate tank with good handling so I may be seeing things through salt covered glasses

I've gone beyond salt colored glasses to a full-on Iron Man suit built of salt.

It’s the shots that do hit yet, for no discernible reason, don’t pen that really gets me. Shooting the flat side of a tank (not Russian of course cause magic happens) with a green pen indicator showing and hearing “that one didn’t go through!” makes my pubbie tears flow.

14 hours ago, sohojacques said:

It’s the shots that do hit yet, for no discernible reason, don’t pen that really gets me. Shooting the flat side of a tank (not Russian of course cause magic happens) with a green pen indicator showing and hearing “that one didn’t go through!” makes my pubbie tears flow.

Had that happen yesterday.  Shot a medium tank (Tier 8 I think) in the side with my Panther's APCR...bounce.  No idea how.

I have a 90% chance of the first shot I take in a game that is at the side of a tank to hit and do 0 damage without even tracking the enemy. 

Those shots make me enjoy this game very muchly

On 9/11/2018 at 10:12 PM, FlorbFnarb said:

ugh

I wonder how widespread they are?  WG needs to find a better way of detecting that shit.

In the last wave of bans related to the Fair Play policy, some of the people who admitted to getting banned said they were using aim bots.  One said he used it because of a physical disability.  However I use to know a player with one hand who still would manage 1900 WN8, so if a one handed player can do that well without an aim bot, what kind of disability requires an aim bot?

58 minutes ago, Bavor said:

In the last wave of bans related to the Fair Play policy, some of the people who admitted to getting banned said they were using aim bots.  One said he used it because of a physical disability.  However I use to know a player with one hand who still would manage 1900 WN8, so if a one handed player can do that well without an aim bot, what kind of disability requires an aim bot?

There are some people with a case of terminal scrubitis that could use the help.

On 9/11/2018 at 1:00 PM, FlorbFnarb said:

1. I agree.

2. Are the aimbots that good at leading tanks though?

Play on the CTS in tier 5.  WG's new bots are remarkably good at this. 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:33 PM, sohojacques said:

I seem to remember that footage not being all QB thought it was.