Ham_

Armored cars in Supertest, top speed up to 100km/h

33 posts in this topic

The wheeled vehicles also have a special lock-on feature. This allows players to automatically aim at enemy vehicles just by simply clicking close to the target.

Don't we already have this?

Wheeled vehicles will also have a distinct advantage over their tracked counterparts, an increased resistance to immobility as they have individual tires. This means that commanders of these vehicles are pretty hard to immobilize (you will need to damage more than half of the tires), more likely to just be slowed down a bit when a tire pops.

All I got out of it was "we couldn't make each wheel their individual module, so we'll just make them behave like tracks"

Now where's my T-50-2?

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

No, you have to click exactly on the target that you want to autoaim at. We had a mod though, that allowed you to do that back in the past. It was decleared illegal by WarGaming. o.O

57 minutes ago, Vindi said:

WG talk about active spotting:

80% of the maps are corridor.

:kappa:

And where spotting would matter, you have one or several TDs sitting in myriads of bushes, that you can only spot when you get within 50m, or would be able to spot from say 300m away if you had viewranges in excess of 700m. o.O

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i mean there's also this

at this point WG is scrambling for new ideas to retain players and bring in new ones, so nothing really surprises me anymore

Heavies don't dominate the meta enough yet, so let's find something that makes them even more prominent. Oh and let's test it on a russian premium heavy first, because russian heavies in particular are not dominating the heavy meta as much as they used to. o.O

Yach, I don't know. For every good change they bring, they introduce a myriad of bad decissions. It's not as overtly stupid as Rubicon or the influx of M4 49, Chrysler, Rhm Skorpion and 252, but it's stupid nonetheless. I don't have a hard time with pointing what constantly dissuades me from playing the game anymore. Between having limited time in my reallife and being confronted with stuff like this and possible hidden alterations to aiming efficiency (yesyes, tinfoil, but it's hard to argue with consistently stupidly good RNG and MM when you haven't played a while versus getting stupidly bad RNG and MM whenever you play for any length of time), playing Warships and even Warplanes or, really, any other game is just so much more entertaining and relaxing and thus worth of my limited time.

9 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Heavies don't dominate the meta enough yet, so let's find something that makes them even more prominent. Oh and let's test it on a russian premium heavy first, because russian heavies in particular are not dominating the heavy meta as much as they used to. o.O

I don't see the problem, I haven't seen any IS-3s at all in the last couple of months.

Part of that may or may not have to do with me not playing this game during that time though.

2 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

I don't see the problem, I haven't seen any IS-3s at all in the last couple of months.

Part of that may or may not have to do with me not playing this game during that time though.

The last part of my sentence is important: not dominating [...] as much as they used to.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

ELC is a pain to hit because of the size not because of the speed. 

Armored cars aren't small?

Uh, speed is a big part of it. ELCs aren't squat anymore since they nerfed the horsepower while the Pz I C is still a nightmare to hit despite being average sized for its tier. These things will be garbage to play yet annoying as hell to deal with on open maps.

6 hours ago, Vindi said:

WG talk about active spotting:

80% of the maps are corridor.

:kappa:

When they act surprised upper tier lights aren't active spotting it just underscores how little they actually understand about their game. 

1 hour ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Uh, speed is a big part of it. ELCs aren't squat anymore since they nerfed the horsepower while the Pz I C is still a nightmare to hit despite being average sized for its tier. These things will be garbage to play yet annoying as hell to deal with on open maps.

Just wait for the obligatory M53/55 platoon trying to splash one the whole game

11 hours ago, Haswell said:

Right now you have to click right on a vehicle for auto aim, this sounds like that mod that WG banned a long time ago where you could click near a vehicle and it would lock on... imagine that, incorporating features of a mod they banned... top kek

EDIT: Apologies to Madner Kami, replied before I saw your post, where you noted the same :)

12 hours ago, Haswell said:

Autoaim+ sort of deal but vanilla, legal and only for wheeled vehicles I guess. 

11 hours ago, Fabunil said:

No real reason to play it over tier 8 prems when you already have the tanks from it and 3 marked it. Would rather earn creds playing a Defender or something if i am going to play a soviet heavy at tier 8. Pretty much all tech tree tanks are kind of irrelevant beyond grinding because there are premiums that are equivalent or better nowadays which earn a shit tonne of creds. 

2 hours ago, RealBattousai said:

Right now you have to click right on a vehicle for auto aim, this sounds like that mod that WG banned a long time ago where you could click near a vehicle and it would lock on... imagine that, incorporating features of a mod they banned... top kek

EDIT: Apologies to Madner Kami, replied before I saw your post, where you noted the same :)

No worries, I am actually glad other people notice this kind of reality-satire as well.

7 hours ago, Ezz said:

When they act surprised upper tier lights aren't active spotting it just underscores how little they actually understand about their game. 

I was very happy when they first introduced them, especially my favorite landship; the sheridan which was a mini-patton at that time. With the change of mm and map rotation, reworking maps horribly for lights (fjords, etc.) it went sideways very fast.

The very sad thing is what shish said in one of his youtube videos: this could be a very strong and competitive game with much more potential, its just the developers (and the founding group in general) doesn't give a shit about the opinions of the player base anymore.

WoT used to be my favorite game and now I still playing it but it is going down the sever and fast.

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think that they decided to base the future of the game on the bad players, who are fine with the changes since they did not notice them in their type 5 (no need to aim), strv (no need to move), obj 268 v4 (no need to use any tactics), and so on.

Yeah I can go and farm in tier 9 but thinking about "tricks" which could make a game at least somewhat playable is a joke!

They ruined it so much now I really don't know if they ever could / or want to fix it.

11 hours ago, Ham_ said:

Armored cars aren't small?

I have no idea. Unless they show you the size you won't know. I doubt any of them will be as small as the Even. Look at real life photos of the Even. It's smaller than most armored cars.

Also guys remember the 100kph is in shit traverse mode. If they will really be bad at turning at top speed more then they will not dodge shots as well. 

@Jesse_the_Scout PZ1C is at t3 where most guns have shit acc. This helps it a lot too but also idiotic traverse speed so it's easy to dodge. 

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

I was very happy when they first introduced them, especially my favorite landship; the sheridan which was a mini-patton at that time. With the change of mm and map rotation, reworking maps horribly for lights (fjords, etc.) it went sideways very fast.

The very sad thing is what shish said in one of his youtube videos: this could be a very strong and competitive game with much more potential, its just the developers (and the founding group in general) doesn't give a shit about the opinions of the player base anymore.

WoT used to be my favorite game and now I still playing it but it is going down the sever and fast.

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think that they decided to base the future of the game on the bad players, who are fine with the changes since they did not notice them in their type 5 (no need to aim), strv (no need to move), obj 268 v4 (no need to use any tactics), and so on.

Yeah I can go and farm in tier 9 but thinking about "tricks" which could make a game at least somewhat playable is a joke!

They ruined it so much now I really don't know if they ever could / or want to fix it.

I remember the same happening to diablo 2 15 years ago. Devs often get the stupid idea that the game should be attractive to newbies and not to the regulars.

Goood...goooddd....my plans to convince WG to tank their own game are coming to fruition!

47 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I have no idea. Unless they show you the size you won't know. I doubt any of them will be as small as the Even. Look at real life photos of the Even. It's smaller than most armored cars.

Also guys remember the 100kph is in shit traverse mode. If they will really be bad at turning at top speed more then they will not dodge shots as well. 

@Jesse_the_Scout PZ1C is at t3 where most guns have shit acc. This helps it a lot too but also idiotic traverse speed so it's easy to dodge. 

I remember the same happening to diablo 2 15 years ago. Devs often get the stupid idea that the game should be attractive to newbies and not to the regulars.

It will still be able to do 70km/h easily and have the most retarded traverse speed as we seen on the video, and it can switch on the move. Also anything faster then 80 and you start to have server issues where the tank is not where you see it is, at least thats the issue they had in the past and why speed was capped per say.

Looks interesting to me, liking the potential options with these tanks, the charge, the different wheeled modes where you chose between straight line speed and agility, the auto-aim+ is a bonus as is the more robustness to falling damage and rough terrain which was a big worry for these tanks.

Also the gun does not look worse than lights which is good, when I heard these things were supposed to have guns worse than lights that was a worry considering how terrible light tank guns are, but this thing is at least on par pen, accuracy and alpha wise with the 12t. Looks like gun handling might be better as well, but hearing this is a two-shot clip which seems a bit pointless to me. 

IIRC speed in default mode is only 60kph, not that fast really, same as the T92, plus people should remember these tanks need to move to turn, so loads of players are going to get caught out by driving into an obstacle and then struggling to get off it, not being able to just spin on the spot like tanks do.

ELC Even 90 is not that hard to hit IMO, and these things are much bigger, watch the original vid you saw it next to a 13-105 and it was only slightly smaller, and in the latest vid it's side hugging an O-Ho and it's looks reasonably big there, again an Even 90 looks like a toy next to an O-Ho. 

Even-90 is not a good active spotter IMO, hp/ton is just too low.

Main issue I have with what we have seen so far is the view range, 310 is the same as a KV-1, tier 3 lights have higher view range, and yet this thing is supposed to go up against Swedish TDs on the maps with OP concealment? It'll have to basically proxy spot to spot anything and it'll be dead way before that.  I know they want them to have less view range than lights but 360-380 would do that, at least then you'd still be able to get up to or near 445, full maxed out you can barely get to 380 with 310 base. 

Other issue is that gun, DPM is just too low to be effective, if this thing is supposed to get behind slow tanks etc. it needs to be able to kill them quicker than that. It's barely breaking 1k base DPM FFS. 

Give it a 3 shot clip and make the intra-clip 1s. 

----------------------------------------------------------

As for the auto-relaoding heavy concept, generally fine with it, the IS3A is terrible and could do with something like that to make it viable, except having the shell reloads the opposite of the Italian tanks is just retarded, you empty your clip and then you basically have standard heavy tank reload. So you do your 3 x 390 clip, and then have to wait like 11s to do your further 390 damage and you have killed most tier 8s tanks and even if someone rushes you after that you pretty much have an IS3's reload. Then when the game gets a bit quieter you can reload your full clip and repeat.

Switch it to the same as the Italian tanks where you chose between DPM or burst and you are more vulnerable if you have fired your clip and together with the awful handling and poor mobility of the 3A you probably have a balanced tank. 

1 hour ago, Ham_ said:

It will still be able to do 70km/h easily and have the most retarded traverse speed as we seen on the video, and it can switch on the move. Also anything faster then 80 and you start to have server issues where the tank is not where you see it is, at least thats the issue they had in the past and why speed was capped per say.

If server issues were still a thing they would not introduce the new tank group. 

Also as Tajjj pointed out - they are the size of 13 105 not elc even. Wait and see before you judge. 

Weelll the good thing seems to be that you can yolo the base and rush arty with ease. I'd be fun to kill the scumbags after the first minut of the game.

5 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Weelll the good thing seems to be that you can yolo the base and rush arty with ease. I'd be fun to kill the scumbags after the first minut of the game.

Anti arty post gets downvoted on Wotlabs? @Assassin7 pls justice for nabuco

2 minutes ago, Ham_ said:

Anti arty post gets downvoted on Wotlabs? @Assassin7 pls justice for nabuco

Hey man

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTICJqiKfVx6cYwaNSCoD

I cant just go handing out ROs all willy nilly. 

14 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Hey man

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTICJqiKfVx6cYwaNSCoD

I cant just go handing out ROs all willy nilly. 

Yeah, Never was a big hit this week, can't attract too much attention before the master plan.:officersexii: