hall0

T-50-2 Returns

35 posts in this topic

After 5 years WG seems to bring back this old gem. I had so much fun playing this little cockroach, therefore I am really happy to see this. Even though I have the feeling it wont be like my old friend. 

Anyway. I am actually surprised about this one. Didn't WG always say the T-50-2 wont make a return because its stats were totally made up? It should be a some sort of infantry support tank and WG made it a Mario Cart Racer on steroids. But maybe they changed their mind after the introduction of wheeled light tanks.

t-50-2_orig.png

It’s a coveted vehicle, loved by many a tanker. Lots of folks keep a place for it in their hearts and Garages, so he're the first info on the return of the old-school Soviet spotter! There’s a good chance it will make a triumphant comeback, provided… well, we’ll tell you more about that some time later. For now, let’s brief those not yet familiar with the T-50-2.

We had lots of reasons to remove it from the game 5 years ago: this tank was ahead of its time and did not fit in with the gameplay of that era. Also, it was unique and because of that, it was becoming overly popular. The decision to part with it was a hard (and sad) one. But those days have long passed, and today the T-50-2 is on its way back. We mean it: we’re really starting the Supertest for the refurbished T-50-2!

What’s It Like?

The new T-50-2 is a highly mobile Tier VI light tank made for active spotting. It also has decent combat efficiency: you can light enemies up, but you can also beat them up, surviving by being agile and compact.

The Supertest stats for the T-50-2 suit the battle tier range for Tier VI light tanks. Let’s see how it rolls! In any case, it’s THAT T-50-2: tiny, fast, and elusive.

“Lock on the railway crossing! Will light it right after the countdown!” If you played 5 years ago, you’ll get goosebumps seeing this in the chat window, realizing that your teammate is commanding a T-50-2. It doesn’t matter that those spotted won’t be dangerous Tier Xs. The T-50-2 will do it in style, regardless!
Some day… 

Stay tuned!

Preliminary Stats

Vehicle Description (translated from Russian): T-50 - light tank design of the Kirov plant in Leningrad. In early 1940, it was decided to develop a new light tank to replace the T-26. In the fall, after studying the design of the German medium tank Pz.Kpfw.III, the tactical and technical requirements were refined. An essential addition was the requirement to install a commander's cupola with circular vision, as well as the removal of the commander from the functions of a gunner or loader.The final requirements were formulated in November 1940, and the tank under development received the designation T-50.In early 1941, the Kirov plant built a prototype and was tested, but was not accepted for service. Preference was given to the T-50 plant design number 174.
Main Characteristics
  • Tier: LT-6, USSR, premium
  • Hitpoints: 580
  • Engine power: 480 hp
  • Weight: 16 t
  • Maximum load: 18 tons
  • Power-to-weight ratio: 30 hp / t
  • Maximum speed / Reverse speed: 65 / -23 km / h
  • Traverse speed: 38 ° / s
  • Turret traverse speed: 50.1 ° / s
  • Ground resistances: 0.863 / 0.959 / 1.822
  • View range: 370 m
  • Signal range: 730 m
Survivability (Armor)
  • Hull armor: 37/37/37 mm
  • Turret armor: 52/52/52 mm
Firepower
Cannon: 57 mm ZiS-4
  • Damage: 85/85/95
  • Penetration: 118/165/29 mm
  • Rate of fire: 20.857
  • Average damage per minute: 1772.9
  • Reload time: 2.877 s
  • Accuracy at 100 m: 0.403
  • Aiming time: 1.92 s
  • Gun depression/elevation limits: -7 ° / + 25 °
  • Dispersion values:
    • after firing: 3.836
    • while moving: 0.115
    • while traversing turret: 0.077
    • while traversing hull: 0.115
    • while vehicle moving at maximum speed: 7.48
    • while turret traversing at maximum speed: 3.68
    • while vehicle traversing at maximum speed: 4.37

570710748_orig.jpg

Source:

More pictures of the model

https://www.tracks-up.com/home/world-of-tanks-supertest-t-50-2-updated-with-full-preliminary-stats-images

WoT Express VK page has a garage video as well

https://vk.com/wotclue?z=video-70226354_456240012%2Fe911e3a865febe0f3a%2Fpl_wall_-70226354

i had good times in that thing too but right now im more interestet in the t8 that they announced at the same time.

Dont think the t50-2 will return tomits former glory and a lot of people will be heavily disappointet because it cant compete with their nostalgia

I was hoping for a football head.

They did use that tank's turret as a football in the original tank football mode. 

We have the mobility, but why not the once fabled 72km/h...

Let's suppose that the proposal to increase resistance to tipping and fall damage applied to the whole light tank class rather than just the wheeled vehicles. Even then, The proposal we see here looks like a very unremarkable light tank. Truth be told, the entire class was over-nerfed when the MM was changed. Lights as a whole could be given some pretty substantial increases to view range and DPM and they still wouldn't threaten the corridor meta.

Yeah I also think they will apply this tipping and fall damage rules to this vehicle. Otherwise it would be undriveable. I could maybe life with the fall dmg but flipping every 50m would be too frustrating. 

Anyhow. I tried my best to compare the supertest stats to the old stats. Problem. There is almost nothing I could find regarding ground resistance or dispersion stats.

Main Characteristics

• Tier: LT-6, USSR, premium - Old was a T5 but this was before pretty much all Scouts got uptiered one tier. 
  • Hitpoints: 580 - 560 New one is a bit better. 
  • Engine power: 480 hp - 550hp Old one is much better. 
  • Weight: 16 t - 14,7 old one was lighter
  • Maximum load: 18 tons - no idea
  • Power-to-weight ratio: 30 hp / t - 37,4hp/t
  • Maximum speed / Reverse speed: 65 / -23 km / h - 72 / ? old one was 7kmh faster. But no idea what the reverse speed was. 
  • Traverse speed: 38 ° / s - 38 same
  • Turret traverse speed: 50.1 ° / s - 45 new one is a bit better
  • Ground resistances: 0.863 / 0.959 / 1.822 - no info found. If the info on tank-compare is correct which I highly doubt it was 1,0 / 1,3 / 2,2
  • View range: 370 m - 370 same
  • Signal range: 730 m - 730 same 

Survivability (Armor)

• Hull armor: 37/37/37 mm - same 
  • Turret armor: 52/52/52 mm - 45/40/40

Firepower
Cannon: 57 mm ZiS-4

• Damage: 85/85/95 - same 
  • Penetration: 118/165/29 mm - 112/189/29 
  • Rate of fire: 20.857 - 20,69
  • Average damage per minute: 1772.9
  • Reload time: 2.877 s 
  • Accuracy at 100 m: 0.403 - 0,34 
  • Aiming time: 1.92 s- 2,3s
  • Gun depression/elevation limits: -7 ° / + 25 ° - no info but could have been the same
  • Dispersion values: - Nothing was found
    • after firing: 3.836
    • while moving: 0.115
    • while traversing turret: 0.077
    • while traversing hull: 0.115
    • while vehicle moving at maximum speed: 7.48
    • while turret traversing at maximum speed: 3.68
    • while vehicle traversing at maximum speed: 4.37

All stats from here

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/28/mt-25-t-50-2-comparison/

Jesus thats 7hp/t less? And the top speed nerf? If you're bringing in armored cars why the fuck not make it as fast as it was, who cares if you have to butcher the dpm or view range, at least it doesn't see tier 10.

Aren't track traverse speeds still modified by the difference between the stock and elite engine horsepower? I think the old T-50-2 had a 300HP stock engine, making it way more agile than this.

(that has to be the most stupid mechanic in the world though)

Yeh that traverse rate looks horrible.

Also just compare it the Panhard, ok it's a tier 8 but -

85kph top speed, compared to 65kph

53 hp/ton compared to 30

And they'll have better traverse rates, clearly the tier 6 wheeled vehicle will be more like the 'old' T-50-2 than this one.  

They should up tier and buff mobility, T-50-2 had +3mm or more anyway just make it how it was.

If it doesn't get at least the same HP/ton and top speed of the old one, only nostalgic fools would buy that crap. Even with the old stats, in current meta it wouldn't be nowhere near as good as it used to be. Although, it was too good at the time.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, Medjed said:

Even with the old stats, in current meta it wouldn't be nowhere near as good as it used to be. Although, it was too good at the time.

Really puts into perspective how much the game has changed since 5-ish years ago. I miss my damn bobble-head Chaffee.

3 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Really puts into perspective how much the game has changed since 5-ish years ago. I miss my damn bobble-head Chaffee.

For the uninitiated:
-T5 lights were considered dedicated scout and got +3 MM, pitting them against T10.
-Chaffee had the highest VR of all the lights and even beating some if not all of the high tier meds. Factoring in the camo it was basically the best passive scout available for competitive play.
-T-50-2 had 390m VR (?), but because it can run around at 72km/h with insane HP/ton you can basically zip around and dodge everything shot at you. Pretty much the best active scout.
-VK2801 has the 105mm derp. It can go around and one-shot arty. Before the HE and HEAT changes it could also damage T10s reliably. Basically your T49, just slower and less agile.

28 minutes ago, Haswell said:

For the uninitiated:
-T5 lights were considered dedicated scout and got +3 MM, pitting them against T10.
-Chaffee had the highest VR of all the lights and even beating some if not all of the high tier meds. Factoring in the camo it was basically the best passive scout available for competitive play.
-T-50-2 had 390m VR (?), but because it can run around at 72km/h with insane HP/ton you can basically zip around and dodge everything shot at you. Pretty much the best active scout.
-VK2801 has the 105mm derp. It can go around and one-shot arty. Before the HE and HEAT changes it could also damage T10s reliably. Basically your T49, just slower and less agile.

The good old days, back when the game was fun.

37 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

The good old days, back when the game was fun.

Remember how kinda our only major complaint was, that the IS3 is too powerful and artillery too RNGy? Well, they buffed the IS3 since then... o.O

59 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Remember how kinda our only major complaint was, that the IS3 is too powerful and artillery too RNGy? Well, they buffed the IS3 since then... o.O

KV85 and Hellcat were a bit too op but yeah. There were so few problems. 

11 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

They were eventually nerfed or changed though. The only thing they ever did to the IS3 was, to buff it's frontal armor and still it isn't even remotely as popular as it was back in the day. And the real stinger is, that the vast majority of tanks are still in the exact same place where they were, before the IS3 got buffed, to this day. o.O

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

They were eventually nerfed or changed though. The only thing they ever did to the IS3 was, to buff it's frontal armor and still it isn't even remotely as popular as it was back in the day. And the real stinger is, that the vast majority of tanks are still in the exact same place where they were, before the IS3 got buffed, to this day. o.O

IS-4 needs some love, badly.

Leave it to WG to somehow manage to make everything blander in the name of balance. Meanwhile, 200+ games 78% solo win rate in the current Luchs without ever shooting gold. But hey, at least the T-50 isn't too fast.

16 hours ago, ZXrage said:

12 hours ago, Haswell said:

For the uninitiated:

You remember how when one showed up on the enemy team's roster, the arty players during countdown would panic and start crying OMG STICK AROUND SPAWN THE FIRST 20 SECONDS AND TRY TO STOP THAT FUCKING MOTORCYCLE BEFORE HE KILLS ALL US ARTIES?

And how sometimes people would be (cough cough) "unable" to stop the -2 from killing all the arty, despite "trying" their "best" to save the arty?  Cuz fuck arty and all?

The old Chaffee was fun as hell, though.  I genuinely loved drawing some of the open maps, finding a nice bush, and just spectating as my team blapped Tier 10s and such.

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

10 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I don't remember the KV-85 being OP, but the old Tier 6 KV-1S was a little OP.  Not as much as some made it out to be, but definitely a little.  It was pretty much an IS at Tier 6 minus some armor, hit points, and RoF.

8 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

You remember how when one showed up on the enemy team's roster, the arty players during countdown would panic and start crying OMG STICK AROUND SPAWN THE FIRST 20 SECONDS AND TRY TO STOP THAT FUCKING MOTORCYCLE BEFORE HE KILLS ALL US ARTIES?

And how sometimes people would be (cough cough) "unable" to stop the -2 from killing all the arty, despite "trying" their "best" to save the arty?  Cuz fuck arty and all?

The old Chaffee was fun as hell, though.  I genuinely loved drawing some of the open maps, finding a nice bush, and just spectating as my team blapped Tier 10s and such.

I don't remember the KV-85 being OP, but the old Tier 6 KV-1S was a little OP.  Not as much as some made it out to be, but definitely a little.  It was pretty much an IS at Tier 6 minus some armor, hit points, and RoF.

I meant KV1S. It's the same tank just unnerfed. Also you are wrong by calling it " a little op". When I was a 49% player I pulled 61% in my KV1S. It had 390 alpha without having less DPM than same tier tanks, 5deg of gun dep, as fast as a medium with more armor than an m6. 

27 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I meant KV1S. It's the same tank just unnerfed. Also you are wrong by calling it " a little op". When I was a 49% player I pulled 61% in my KV1S. It had 390 alpha without having less DPM than same tier tanks, 5deg of gun dep, as fast as a medium with more armor than an m6. 

I think it was 6 or 8 degrees, with a turret that was 60% autobounce, with the old KV-1 upper plate.