hall0

T-50-2 Returns

59 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

KV-1S was a little OP

390 alpha, 175/219 pen, in a heavy with very workable armor and high HP pool, at tier 6, was more than a "little" OP.

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

390 alpha, 175/219 pen, in a heavy with very workable armor and high HP pool, at tier 6, was more than a "little" OP.

There was a reason T6 companies was nearly always 5 KV-1s a T-50 and a Grille from memory.

-8 gun depression was the main reason why KV-1siema was OP. It could use terrain, not fight with it like current KV-85.

1 hour ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

There was a reason T6 companies was nearly always 5 KV-1s a T-50 and a Grille from memory.

Either KV-1S or KV-3. KV-3 had better staying power because of its armor, especially since back then prem rounds cost actual gold.

KV-1S was OP because it could one hit all tier 4s and some 5s without sacrificing everything like a KV-2 does or the current KV-85 that has tier 3 dpm and gun stats. Play a SU-100 now and just imagine a turret on top. SU-100 shits on lower tiers as is now, but try a brawling version of that with fucking gun depression to boot.

Also tier 6 KV-3 was the fucking shit if you didn't get a tier 9 game.

5 hours ago, Ham_ said:

KV-1S was OP because it could one hit all tier 4s and some 5s without sacrificing everything like a KV-2 does or the current KV-85 that has tier 3 dpm and gun stats. Play a SU-100 now and just imagine a turret on top. SU-100 shits on lower tiers as is now, but try a brawling version of that with fucking gun depression to boot.

Also tier 6 KV-3 was the fucking shit if you didn't get a tier 9 game.

As others have mentioned. IT wasn't only gun dep and DPM. Autobounce parts of armor. speed that made it move like a t-10. 

Oh the glory days, when the game was unbalanced and needed work but there was hope. I almost wouldn't mind going back to that for the most part. Although it had it's flaws, it was way more enjoyable, maybe because I was trash, maybe because it was, but no one will know

Stats have been updated -

T-50-2. Changed parameters:

Tier: LT-6, USSR
HP: 580
Engine: 480 hp   550 hp
Mass: 16 t
Maximum load: 18 t
Power-to-weight: 30 hp / t   34,38 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 65 / -23 km / h
Hull turning speed: 38 °/s   45 °/s
Turret turning speed: 50,1 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,863 / 0,959 / 1,822
View range: 370 m
Radio range: 730 m

Hull armor: 37 / 37 / 37 mm
Turret armor: 52 / 52 / 52 mm

Gun: 57 mm ZiS-4

Alpha Damage: 85 / 85 / 95
Penetration: 118 / 165 / 29 mm
Rate of fire: 20,857 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 1 772,9
Reload time: 2,877 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,403   0,364
Aiming time: 1,92 s   1,73 s
Depression/Elevation: -7 ° / +25 °

Aim spread:

• after firing: 3,836;
  • during turret rotation: 0,077;
  • during vehicle movement: 0,115;
  • during vehicle rotation: 0,115;
  • during turret rotation at maximum speed: 3,68;
  • at maximum vehicle speed: 7,48;
  • at maximum vehicle rotation speed: 4,37   5,18.

Camouflage values:

• while standing still: 26,6 %;
  • while in motion: 26,6 %;
  • when firing, stationary: 7,08 %;
  • when firing, in motion: 7,08%.

4 man crew: Commander, Driver, Gunner, Loader

Better accuracy, better traverse, more hp/ton and better aim time.

Looks decent and fun enough I'd reckon. 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/get-ready-to-celebrate-1118/

Looks highly suggestive they're actually going to give this thing out as a gift on Monday. Might be the "reward old players" thing they've been hinting at for a bit now.

22 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/get-ready-to-celebrate-1118/

Looks highly suggestive they're actually going to give this thing out as a gift on Monday. Might be the "reward old players" thing they've been hinting at for a bit now.

I cannot believe WG would do that. I'd be guessing more on the line of these Christmas loop boxes (gifts) having the t-50 included in a ripoff chance like 5% haha

old T-50-2 zipping around also benefited from being in era of different accuracy sigma (or whatever the technical thing is called) where 20% shots went to the edge.

And it was magnetised to the ground

This is what I was thinking about. It's long, narrow, and fast. Come Wednesday every mid tier game will be a map littered with T-50-2s on their sides rotating turrets in circles crying "help", like a civil war battlefield where the cries of the wounded and dying become a steady drone.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/game-events/10yrgiveaway-26nov18/
Like getting a bouquet of roses when you were expecting domestic abuse

3 hours ago, hall0 said:

I wonder if they went with the stats or if they changed it in the meantime. Last Update we had on this was October 4th. Quite some time without any news or whatsoever. 

If they can create special physics for the wheeled vehicles to not fall over when going into a turn, then they certainly can use that spechul physics-excemption for the T-50-2 as well. More inconsistencies. Yeay.

It's still way more than anyone expected, hell the bonds and credits are nice enough, I wanted to pick up some improved optics and wasn't looking forward to grinding through another cancerous ranked season but they are going to give me pretty much as many bonds as you'd earn in that anyway.

Plus even with boosters 4 million credits is a good 3-4 hours of playing tier 8s in tier 10 games. 

Tanks.gg has this tank not able to mount a v-stab which is a bit odd considering every other tier 6 light is able to mount one. 

For once the account I''m grinding fits the WG rewards. I'm happy with this. Though I don't get why this gets shitty ammo capacity. Why do all lights have to top out at 5-6k potential dmg?