Deus__Ex__Machina

T-64 MBT=New Premium Light Tank? (Object 432)

12 posts in this topic

Source: https://thedailybounce.net/2018/09/14/world-of-tanks-supertest-object-432/

objec432_corrected.png?w=1024&ssl=1

This vehicle is different from its Tier VIII counterpart, the LTTB, because it combines the ability to spot and deal damage at the same time. The initial test will have an LTTB modified 85-mm gun with better stats, but a second test will be done with an impressive 100-mm gun. The final vehicle will depend on tests results!

All this seems quite nice, a tank that will fit a similar gameplay to the T-100 is quite a find, or is it? For those who don’t know Object432, let me use it’s more common name: T-64 MBT. Wargaming found a way to introduce a 1967 Main Battle Tank to the game by changing some characteristics and re-class it as a light tank! What do you think? Yay or Nay?

ever wanted a premium T-100? well here ya go.

basically WG's way of implementing another MBT into the game by bull-shitting stats and calling it a light tank

If you could add Object 432 to the title this would be nice. Cause I can already see another thread about said Obj 432 popping up soon.

Even if the Obj 432 lead to the T-64 I don't really see a problem with this, because we already have another T-64 prototype ingame, the Obj 430. And apart from the name this thing has probably nothing to do with the T-64. In another WoT Blog it is even called LT-432. Like the T54 ltwt they just took the basic model and removed some of its armor, made it faster and TA-DA! a new light tank is born. I have no idea how historical this thing is but I've seen worse (looking at you Polish fantasy tree). 

Anyway. Here's some more info.

And fyi. It uses the same ammunition loadout like the T100. Which means you will get APCR as standrad and AP as prem rounds. And this is with both guns. 85mm and 100mm

Preliminary Stats

Vehicle Description (translated from Russian): In the early 1960's, VNII-100 developed several projects of machines based on the Object 432 tank, in the layout scheme of which, in addition to the crew, additional landing was envisaged. The machine was not manufactured, there was only a preliminary design (only existed in blueprints).
Main Characteristics
  • Tier: LT-8, USSR, premium
  • Hitpoints: 1150
  • Engine power: 850 hp
  • Weight: 27 tons
  • Maximum load: 30 tons
  • Power-to-weight ratio: 31.48 hp / t
  • Maximum speed / Reverse speed: 70 / -23 km / h
  • Traverse speed: 48 ° / sec
  • Turret traverse speed: 50.1 ° / s
  • Ground resistances: 0.863 / 0.959 / 1.534
  • View range: 380 m
  • Signal range: 850 m
Survivability (Armor)
  • Hull armor: 70/40/40 mm
  • Turret armor: 160/100/60 mm
Firepower
Cannon: 85 mm D-58
  • Damage: 180/180/300
  • Penetration: 176/218/44 mm
  • Rate of fire: 12.5
  • Average damage per minute: 2251.3
  • Reload time: 4.797 s
  • Accuracy at 100 m: 0.336
  • Aiming time: 1.92 s
  • Gun depression/elevation limits: -7 / +15
  • Dispersion:
    • after firing: 3.836;
    • during turret rotation: 0.077;
    • while the vehicle is moving: 0.096;
    • during vehicle rotation: 0.096;
    • during turret rotation at maximum speed: 3.68;
    • at the maximum vehicle speed: 6.71;
    • at the maximum vehicle (hull) rotation speed: 4.6.
Cannon: 100 mm D-10TM
  • Damage: 250/250/330
  • Penetration: 212/235/50 mm
  • Rate of fire: 9.013
  • Average damage per minute: 2253.2
  • Reload time: 6.657 s
  • Accuracy at 100 m: 0.364
  • Aiming time: 2.21 seconds
  • Gun depression/elevation limits: -7 / +15
  • Dispersion:
    • after firing: 3.836;
    • during turret rotation: 0.115;
    • while the vehicle is moving: 0.096;
    • during vehicle rotation: 0.096;
    • during turret rotation with the maximum speed: 5.52;
    • at the maximum vehicle speed: 6.71;
    • at the maximum vehicle rotation speed: 4.6.

https://www.tracks-up.com/home/world-of-tanks-supertest-object-432-lt-432-updated-with-full-preliminary-stats-images

Do WG calculate the dpm on these preliminary stats with or without rammer?

Regardless, if it gets T92 level camo and the 100mm gun it will be a relative boss. I would assume that it’ll get thrashed by the nerf bat instead, like the Even 90 did. But it’s Russian, so who knows...

Basically a faster T-44 with more DPM, better frontal hull armor(lol) which of course omes with an Romulan stealth-device installed cuz pancake light tank?

I guess its side gets overmatched by 122s and it gets less health but still...

Am I missing something?

8 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

This vehicle is different from its Tier VIII counterpart, the LTTB, because it combines the ability to spot and deal damage at the same time.

i.e it is different because its better in every way.

I thought murazor doesn't do the balancing of these tanks anymore...

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

Basically a faster T-44 with more DPM, better frontal hull armor(lol) which of course omes with an Romulan stealth-device installed cuz pancake light tank?

I guess its side gets overmatched by 122s and it gets less health but still...

Am I missing something?

i.e it is different because its better in every way.

I thought murazor doesn't do the balancing of these tanks anymore...

Murazor was not the only stupid motherfucker in that department? I'm shocked, I tell ya. Who could have forseen that of all things?

Clearly better than the LTTB, with both guns, but it's also IMO that is standard that tier 8 lights should be. Tanks like the T92 and Bulldog need like near 3k DPM

What is hilarious is that it is way more accurate than the T-100 lt, and only has about 100 less DPM, it's even less crippled (relative to it's tier) with penetration, especially with the 100mm. 

Hope they bring it out with the 85mm, cos I can't see them balancing the 100mm without making it awful and it'll end up like the WZ-132-A being crippled because it's a light with good alpha and pen, which is a no no in WG's eyes because pesky lights can't threaten the heavy tanks. 

Also can't see anything else being used in tier 8 team based modes if it comes out like that, with either gun. 

They have so much balancing-debt by this point in time, that it doesn't really matter whether this tank gets released with an 85, 100 or even a 150mm QF gun with an autoreloader or whether it's good or shit or anything in between in any other regard. But hey, the Match-Maker will finally get the functionality that they insisted it had since release, despite plenty of evidence to the contrary, within 6 months of development time. o_o

On 9/16/2018 at 4:26 AM, Fabunil said:

which of course comes with a Romulan stealth-device installed cuz pancake light tank?

because the game needed a tier VIII T-100 LT:kappa:

I hope that with the release we get back reworked Kharhov and Stalingrad since we need maps and tanks like these am I right?:doge:

The thing that bugs me is that on one hand WG made the proposal for wheeled lights to be 'active scouts' with terrible view range and redundant mobility for the current maps. And then they release a proposal for this new premium light tank that is more or less designed to play like a medium. Meanwhile the normal light tanks are rotting in obscurity. WG says "oh don't worry the lights are good passive scouts", and I call BS. If they're stationary, then their one unique advantage of camo on the move is wasted. Their view range isn't remarkable per tier. Their firepower is crap, and survivability even more crap. Moving at high speed brings on the risk of tipping and fall damage. And only a handful of maps are well suited to passive scouting in any case.

If these trends continue, the only way it would make sense would be if the existing light tanks were given significant buffs, if premiums like the 432 was just rebalanced to be a medium, and the wheeled lights got some damn view range for heaven's sake.