Sign in to follow this  
Lethul

Medium top tier play

Question

Im playing reasonably well at the moment. My stats have gone down a fair bit after missions started mainly due to playing tanks I dont like. Im usually about 2.4k wn8 recent.

Right now my by far biggest weakness as a primary medium player is top tier games (3-5-7). When playing I try to be aggresive but is almost always punished for it. Either I have a monster game but more often than not shit games and one of the first to die. I can go from a 10k combined signle tier battle to 1k combined 3-5-7 battle in 5 minutes. I honestly think I have better numbers in every way in 5/10 or single tier MM. 

How do you play mediums (Patton/140/430U/BC25) when top tier? Do I need to be aggresive?

1 answer to this question

Assess the map, the enemy team, and your team. Consider how your team is deploying. You can afford to be somewhat aggressive early on like in the BC25t as you do some early scouting, but do try to stay alive. The 140 can also do the same to an extent (getting to an early aggressive spot), while the M48 and 430U may be too slow for that.

Being in mobile medium tanks, it's not all being about at the frontlines and in the thick of it. Observe and assess how your team is deploying, where the enemy team may be and put yourself in a position to react to those. You can try to fill the holes in a gap or snipe from the flanks, exploit breakthroughs, etc. and most importantly, retreat and reposition before it's too late.

Try not to play like a heavy tank, even against tanks 2 tiers lower than you. Aside from maybe the 430U, you can't and shouldn't try to "tank" too long. Support the heavy tanks on your team but don't draw too much attention, poke and spot for your sniping TDs or cover the flanks of turretless assault TDs. Be flexible.