ThomChen114

M60 - the fast-boi Patton

11 posts in this topic

Felt like the M60 needed its own thread.

I love this big old tank.
Don't get me wrong, the M48 Fatton is great and all.

But I have more fun in the M60.

Maybe it's that speed, which leaves other NATO meds like the M48, CAX, and STB in the dust, and can catch up to the Leo, 30B, and BC25t. And the mobility is absurd. I may be overusing the handbrake turn, but the M48 Fatton can only dream about being able to dance like the M60.

And once it gets to where you want to go, it's gun is just that bit more reliable. Almost the best aim time and decent accuracy just makes it more reliable at most ranges, whether its snapshotting or sniping.

And armor? Who cares nowadays. Unless its Russian or Japanese (and maybe Polish), armor is almost irrelevant.

The M60. Fat but fast.

It's better but it's not competitive, the Patton's turret makes it way more effective in the current meta. 

It's basically a fatter Leopard 1 with HE proof armour, better gun handling and 350 pen HEAT. 

On 9/28/2018 at 4:13 PM, tajj7 said:

It's better but it's not competitive, the Patton's turret makes it way more effective in the current meta. 

It's basically a fatter Leopard 1 with HE proof armour, better gun handling and 350 pen HEAT. 

from how the Leopard is oft described it makes plenty of sense.

I have to actually get myself a Leopard I to see or feel that for myself (currently at the Leo PTA)

19 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

from how the Leopard is oft described it makes plenty of sense.

I have to actually get myself a Leopard I to see or feel that for myself (currently at the Leo PTA)

Leopard 1 is pointless in the current meta, no armour, bad bloom on movement and nothing exceptional in terms of DPM, pen, alpha, burst etc.

Just compare it the Progetto 65 which is pretty much as fast, has the same pen, almost the same accuracy and pretty much better gun handling. Except the Progetto can do 1440 burst in 7.5s.

It even has more funky angles to get the odd bounce. 

18 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Leopard 1 is pointless in the current meta, no armour, bad bloom on movement and nothing exceptional in terms of DPM, pen, alpha, burst etc

This.  It needs camo and gun-handling buffs (both bloom and base accuracy -even fully zoomed in your shell will still go “ah fuck it” and miss.)

Fuck you very much RNG!

I'd like to see it made a bit special so it;s different from the other nato meds and more like a nato version of the K-91, it's an idea me and another guy on the forums had.

Basically -

• 420 alpha - because sniper is more about alpha than DPM
  • Movement bloom down to 0.14/0.14
  • Turret bloom down to 0.06
  • 1.5s aim time
  • 0.24 base accuracy
  • 1700 m/s shell velocity
  • 276mm of base pen 
  • DPM down to about 2.5k base.

45 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

I'd like to see it made a bit special so it;s different from the other nato meds and more like a nato version of the K-91, it's an idea me and another guy on the forums had.

Basically -

• 420 alpha - because sniper is more about alpha than DPM
  • Movement bloom down to 0.14/0.14
  • Turret bloom down to 0.06
  • 1.5s aim time
  • 0.24 base accuracy
  • 1700 m/s shell velocity
  • 276mm of base pen 
  • DPM down to about 2.5k base.

I wouldn't see anything of the sort done until a global accuracy rebalance, esp for sniping tanks in general. The Leo 1, 430 II and snipers in general that aren't STRVs are just poor in their intended roles.

I don't think you need to do anything particular to accuracy, you just need to stretch the ranges more.

Most tanks in the game basically fit into the 0.3 - 0.42 range, which offers very little practical difference.

It needs stretching to more like 0.1 to 0.5 IMO. 

And Yes I am suggesting some big alpha derpy guns on tanks that are designed for close combat should shift to like 0.5 something accuracy.